Sponsored by:

Z1 Auto in NY

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Broseph Stalin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered from z1 multiple times and they are always fast as hell

Edit: I confused z1 motorsports with z1 auto. I cannot speak for z1 auto

Last edited by Broseph Stalin; 03-06-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Gobsmack

I was meant to say over $14K USD.

Has anyone put in a formal complaint? I have with the BBB which is believe is the equivalent to fair trade here in Australia.

As the amount is not something small i am trying to do all i can remotely before my friend and i head to the states.

If anyone else has not got their parts or money please PM me the following.

Full Name
Address
Contact Number
Contact Email Address

So i can pass this onto the case officer that is handling my case there in NY.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:25 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Gobsmack,
go through this entire thread (there's more than one here) and message every member involved. There are also other car forums involve too. If you're adamant about it... go through every page of each forum and see if anyone had any luck in getting their money back, GL.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:52 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't expect much from the BBB. They are pretty much just a reporting agency over here and they have already given Z1 an "F" rating. Apparently though, not all that many have complained to them.
http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/Bus...ames-ny-119184
Old 03-18-2014, 05:34 AM
mikecala99

Adam has paid me back most of the amount

im still owed $1,050.... there abouts

bought my stuff tooo long ago and they were Volk wheels back in 2010 I think
Old 04-01-2014, 09:37 AM
EVO8Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Waiting in line...

I know this is my first post but I thought I should eleborate on the subject at hand and warn buyers. I should have done more digging before I made a purchase with Z1 Performance with Adam.

I ordered $5000 worth of parts back in August 2013. It's now April... Asked for a refund because he said everything would ship out by December but nothing came.

Adam said he got hurt and that he can't "physically" move/walk well or lift things. He told me everything was in his "warehouse" and everything should be coming shortly. But after waiting 2 months after he said he had everything in his warehouse I asked for refund. Adam said, "Have to shift some funds around to do it, as it's not anything I had been planning for." His excact words in the email that was sent to me So I figured in a about a week I will get notification of a refund. Well guys, it's been over a month now and I live in New Jersey supposly he is in Long Island New York so I don't understand the long delay. The only way I hear from him is if I contact him and no refund yet. And judging by all the posts seems like I have to wait in line for partial payments.... Which is total BS! Great buisness skills Adam @ Z1performance.

Last edited by EVO8Z; 04-01-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Gobsmack

Just an update DeeSAN PM his details and i emailed those off as well. Not sure if you got them since u didnt reply to my emails.

Anyways its will Fair Trading now, and he has a hearing date set for 9th July.

If no refund then violations and criminal charges will be laid.

Anyone else in the same boat i suggest you PM me some dets to forward to the case officer assigned to my case.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:25 AM
EVO8Z

Originally Posted by Gobsmack
Just an update DeeSAN PM his details and i emailed those off as well. Not sure if you got them since u didnt reply to my emails.

Anyways its will Fair Trading now, and he has a hearing date set for 9th July.

If no refund then violations and criminal charges will be laid.

Anyone else in the same boat i suggest you PM me some dets to forward to the case officer assigned to my case.
UPDATE ALSO:

Well I also filed a suit against him like a week ago. Waiting to here on the court now. It's now the middle of June and I ordered parts from him almost a year ago, (August 2013), and I haven't gotten any parts or any part of the refund back yet.

He only lives like and hour to an hour and half away from me and has been contacting me via emails, but keeps giving me the round around saying he will mail it out tomorrow but didn't because he wasn't near a friggin post office that day and BS like that. Hence, why I also filed a suit against him. He should be served papers pretty soon like within a week or so.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:49 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EVO8Z
UPDATE ALSO:

Well I also filed a suit against him like a week ago. Waiting to here on the court now. It's now the middle of June and I ordered parts from him almost a year ago, (August 2013), and I haven't gotten any parts or any part of the refund back yet.

He only lives like and hour to an hour and half away from me and has been contacting me via emails, but keeps giving me the round around saying he will mail it out tomorrow but didn't because he wasn't near a friggin post office that day and BS like that. Hence, why I also filed a suit against him. He should be served papers pretty soon like within a week or so.
Sounds like a bunch of weak lies. Hopefully you get your $$ and he gets in trouble in the courts.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:21 PM
jmShiftinZ

back in 2011 when I ordered from z1 it turned out to be the same run a round, crazy to see they haven't changed. At that time my banks fraud dept got my $$ back pretty fast. Sorry for anyone that has to involve the courts what a hassle.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:15 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

3 years of this going on now. How in the world is this guy not in jail yet, or at least fully out of business? Sucker born every minute I suppose.....but will karma ever catch up to this a-hole?
Old 06-19-2014, 06:01 AM
oldschool350z

http://www.z1auto.com/index.asp

Is that the scammers website?
Old 06-19-2014, 07:04 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

^ Yes, there are a lot of jdm parts on his website which is heaven to quality builders but hell to ebay shoppers. Aleast ebay sends out their parts local or international ^_^

Last edited by stogey420time; 06-19-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:24 AM
EVO8Z

Default more false lies...

Well as of the 18th of June the court mailed papers to the address I have for him.

I offered my help to him to move things along but he did not take my help. Supposely the weekend of 6/14 thru 6/15 he was suppose to go thru stuff from his warehouse and if he didn't find the clutch which we agreed on he would mail me my refund. So that weekend comes and goes so I email him again, and guess what, he didn't find the clutch for me so he said he will mail me the refund the next day, 6/19/14, with tracking.

That was last thurs. it is now tuesday and still nothing from Adam or an email. I am completely fed up with the situation. I really wanted my car done with, now a year is practically upon us. I would love to see how he will try to wiggle his way out of court. He has 35 days to respond to the serving of the papers otherwise the decision will go into default meaning the court is practically on my side because he didn't show up to the court appereance.

I hope when he does get the papers, soon I hope, it might move things faster for this refund. This lawsuit is more then what I payed for the parts I ordered from him so hopefully he would wake up and smell the coffee. When that day comes he can't be jerking me around anymore and finally give me my money that I rightfully deserve especially at this point.

I will definatly post an update when I hear from him, because I am sure I will hear from him when he gets served.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:39 AM
oldschool350z

How the hell is this guy still in business???????
Old 06-24-2014, 10:31 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Originally Posted by cockpit66
Incredible, two and a half years ago I created this thread and still stealing
Originally Posted by PerfZ
3 years of this going on now. How in the world is this guy not in jail yet, or at least fully out of business?
Originally Posted by oldschool350z

EDIT: EVO8Z, good luck br0 and please keep us posted.

Last edited by stogey420time; 06-24-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:35 AM
DeeSan

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

alright so he wrote me a check... got most of my money (~1600) back but I decided to let the remaining 2-300$ go. To the other people that got scammed, I wish you luck guys!
Old 06-28-2014, 12:13 PM
oldschool350z

Yeah at that point mind as well cut your losses. Hopefully he check doesn't bounce...
Old 06-28-2014, 01:38 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Yeah at that point mind as well cut your losses. Hopefully he check doesn't bounce...
Lol, that happened twice, see quote below. Hope this isn't the case for Deesan.

Originally Posted by Sanderman
"tioga
- only got refund check after getting his work's loss prevention and collection involved
- refund check bounced as a bad check
- will no longer do business or recommend"

Oh yeah, the bounced check thing. I forgot to mention that one. That happened to me too.

Joe
Old 07-15-2014, 10:18 AM
EVO8Z

Default Update #2

So about two weeks ago I got an email from Adam @ Z1 saying he recieved my court papers and has to refer to "counseling" to review the situation and how to proceed correctly. To me this sounds like a bunch of BS.

1. If you have money to get "counseling/lawyer" why not just pay me back?

2. I think he is trying to buy some time before anything "real" happens because there is a 35 day time limit for which he can respond to the court documents being served bascially giving his plea in a way. After the 35 days the decision goes into fault and the court is basically automatically on my side. He has yet to send anything to the court.

The reason I went with him is because he was a pretty reputable guy in my car club and has done many transactions with club memebers. So I went with him and ordered my parts. Then after my incident I only came across one problem that came up with him but he resolved it pretty quickly.

Originally Posted by DeeSan
alright so he wrote me a check... got most of my money (~1600) back but I decided to let the remaining 2-300$ go. To the other people that got scammed, I wish you luck guys!
When did you recieve the check? I have yet to get anything from him.

Last edited by EVO8Z; 07-15-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Z1 Auto in NY