Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got my copy of The Run yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 11:53 AM
spud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by kengray
All that money, time and effort to make such a boring video. What the hell happened? The setting of Prauge was a perfect backdrop for the Z. The film crew and equipement were vast. Closing streets and controling crowds alone had to take monumental effort and a fair amount of cash to grease some political palms. Were the stunt drivers too cautious? Is the director clueless about what constitutes interesting camera angles, setting up exciting shots of the Z sideways and out of shape? Or was it a case of Nissan not wanting to portray the wrong image of the 350Z? Being the arm chair director that I am, I would have had the Z backing it into the corners and smoking the tires coming out. Not every corner, but quite a few of them. Why not do some shots with a police pursuit? I for sure would have had a hot Czech chick strapped into the passenger seat wearing a short skirt. Eye candy.
By the way I bought the DVD, then received a complimentary copy from Nissan about 1 week ago. I bought my '04 Z in Sept.

I bought my Z used, so i dont expect a copy of the DVD.

I downloaded what i think is "the run". How long is the DVD video? The DL version I have is about 3 minutes long.

That the same as the DVD or did i get the shortened version?

thanks
Old 01-04-2004, 07:31 PM
kengray

I believe it's 8 or 9 minutes in length.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:44 AM
spud

Called 2 dealerships.. No copies of the DVD.

Anyone got one they want to give away..

Let me borrow?

I just want to watch it once and give it back.

Even better if someone loans me a copy, i can make the whole thinkg Downloadable.

thanks
Old 01-05-2004, 10:57 AM
Dissolved

the guy in "the run" was getting on it a little bit. Keep in mind, Nissan USED to make awesome video/advertisements back in the day (z32 outrunning airplane, z32 on race track doing high speed run), but they were pulled off the air. Of course they are going to be more mellow about things now.

In any event, watching the run made me go out and do my first top speed run
Old 01-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Desi Z 07

wow... whered u find the room to do a top speed run in the Z?? How fast did u get? <<< sound like a lil kid hahahah...
Old 01-05-2004, 05:07 PM
stevew

"I thought the run sucked. 3/4ths of the video is shot from the car, so Im looking at Prague, when I really want to see more of the car. When it would show the outside views for a split second It was killer."

I haven't watched my copy in a while, but I think the options menu lets you pick versions where the camera is always behind the car or ahead of the car,ie with the car visible all the time. Also, there is an option to watch it with the pedals visible. It appears a lot of people haven't checked out the options menu.