Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Wrecked my Z, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

@jmShiftinZ, Thanks for posting, and I remember what you reference.

A problem we have here on my350z.com is young and foolish people posting really stupid stuff, but we want to keep/make these people members of the site.

I would encourage my350z.com to train the Moderators to handle this type of issue. When a new member “posts stupid” a my350.com Mod helps with the recovery. This seems like a simple fix.

--Spike

Originally Posted by jmShiftinZ
this thread is similar to the one where the dude flipped his black roadster a month ago or so , he got the same kind of forum gangbang and deleted all his post haha.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike100

A problem we have here on my350z.com is young and foolish people posting really stupid stuff, but we want to keep/make these people members of the site.

I would encourage my350z.com to train the Moderators to handle this type of issue. When a new member “posts stupid” a my350.com Mod helps with the recovery. This seems like a simple fix.

--Spike

Old 03-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Spike100

^^ Glad to see you agree with my super-smart-very-advanced solution to this problem.

--Spike

Last edited by Spike100; 03-29-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 PM
omgitsweasel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The average of the masses is only brought down by the lower end of the scale. To keep the average up, cleansing must be performed. Think of it as a way to keep the Z genetics going strong. When you start mixing stupid with precision engineering, inevitably someone/something gets hurt.
As much fun as it would be to constantly laugh at the expense of young, stupid people, who keep getting into fast cars, it really does nothing for the overall average of the community. If you berate someone after theyve already screwed up, it makes them think about what they did that much more. I bet you none of these noobs stay in a Z after the bad taste we left in their mouths.
Keep the dumb people in the FWD crap cars, doing dumb FWD crap things.
The 350z is only getting more attainable.
More attainable = more stupid.
More stupid = less number of abused Z's available in the future for worthwhile people to take care of.

I have a feeling these threads are only going to become more frequent.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

--Spike

Plenty of new members join this site. Some of these new members are asshats. These are the people we do not want here. Ever been out with a group of car guys and there's one dude speeding around and acting reckless, f*cking it up for everyone? These are the people we get rid of.

I'm sorry, Spike. I've shared a lot of tech info in the same threads you did. You contribute some good info. You should, however, stay out of these types of threads and let the controlled chaos continue.

A yard ridden with weeds is a sh*tty yard. A yard with no weeds stands out and is praised for its great appearance. Sometimes you gotta get a little harsh to keep those weeds out.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:15 AM
1GR8350Z

This is more like it

Originally Posted by Sickboy101
Be thankful you're alive...
I know I would be more entertained if the outcome would have went the other way

Originally Posted by SE5spd
This isnt what you said on Facebook. On Facebook you said you were canyon carving and your tire blew out which made you flip your car.
Now Shamu, I mean Sina, is that really you calling someone out for giving misleading info about how a wreck occurred, Mr Corvette

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
What the **** kind of f4ggotree is this ****?!? How do you FLIP a car at "20 MPH"??

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE!!! I'm banned for over a year and THIS is the bull$hit I come back to??
I see you're already getting things back on track.

Originally Posted by Jah70
Now I see why you were banned and why your going to be banned soon. You literally reply to every thread and contribute nothing related to what the thread is about to get a crazy reaction out of people. The pure definition of a troll. How do you find the time to reply to every thread?
Isn't that what you are supposed to do?

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
I gotta re-comment on this gem... I see your fakin join date... You were just going to toss that "no life" $hit out there and think that **** would fly?

Well it doesn't fly.. I know your stupid fawQ *** doesn't know what I do. But bess believe I am smarter than you, have a better job than you, and I could probably beat your monkey *** into a grease spot.

So yes the fawq I do have I life, it's better than yours and I'm better than you. SO STFU.
Definitely back on track

Originally Posted by cybarules
What was the current mods of the Z?
Wings west carbon fiber spoiler, jim wolf intake, motordyne plenum spacer, aluminum radiator, cheap exhuast. Some other things, I'm pretty sure the car had more work done to it before I bought it. I raced many 350z in a straight line and I always pull away.

What was the lead car and his mods?
5.0 fox body unknown mods but not stock.

How many times have you carved this canyon?
I go about twice a week for the past 4-5 months. I baby the car around town and drive like a grandma. But I open up in the canyons at night.

At what point of the canyon did this accident occur?
about 1/2 though the cruise. it was on "westlake blvd" but it is known as decker
The 5.0 pulled away so I dropped my pace allowing the other cars to catch up. I was going quick but I wasn't "racing" at that point.

$9000! At this point I would buy it back chop the top off....drive it as a vert until I can afford my own car.

Or

Get a crx
Lol I want to chop the roof off and fix her up but my mom just wants it gone. I broke even with the car and my mom is using the insurance money to buy a boat. It's basically like I never had the car.
Originally Posted by cybarules
I ain't even mad.
In the middle of this gem, OP or not, you aren't relevant enough for it to matter if you are mad
Old 03-29-2013, 01:31 AM
1GR8350Z

Just ignore them. The more you feed them the more they'll keep coming back for more because you keep firing back. If you guys want to settle this then take it to the messages or add each other on PS3 and compete in a video game or something. Otherwise, the only thing this is doing is showing a negative stereotype that Z owners like to argue over nothing with over sized egos and basically turned My350 into a youtube comment page with no videos. No wonder other Z forums mock My350.
Well, shat the bed, you mean other forums talk badly of us? We really should stop this. To think that all the noobs that didn't have but one ball and ran to other forums talk badly of us.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:44 AM
1GR8350Z

So? Everytime when someone uses the search to find something on my350 they get sent to a thread like this. Who cares where the other ones got their info from, the point is it's easily accessible information and help without the drama and school yard trash talking. Speaking of which, its spring break, who's tryna go to vegas or live in vegas? I got some of the devils dangruff and I'm looking for a posse to help me "sniff it" off the buttocks of voluptuous exotic dancers or women of the night.
What a waste
Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 AM
faiz23
FEZZZZZZ

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-29-2013, 07:52 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by faiz23
Lmao what movie is that from?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:07 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by faiz23
LMFAO ^ this thread is just getting more ridiculous by the minute
Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by omgitsweasel
The average of the masses is only brought down by the lower end of the scale. To keep the average up, cleansing must be performed. Think of it as a way to keep the Z genetics going strong. When you start mixing stupid with precision engineering, inevitably someone/something gets hurt.
As much fun as it would be to constantly laugh at the expense of young, stupid people, who keep getting into fast cars, it really does nothing for the overall average of the community. If you berate someone after theyve already screwed up, it makes them think about what they did that much more. I bet you none of these noobs stay in a Z after the bad taste we left in their mouths.
Keep the dumb people in the FWD crap cars, doing dumb FWD crap things.
The 350z is only getting more attainable.
More attainable = more stupid.
More stupid = less number of abused Z's available in the future for worthwhile people to take care of.

I have a feeling these threads are only going to become more frequent.
Normally I'm on the other side of this argument. I remember when this was a community of a very few; the Z was still considered out of reach for all but the most dedicated of owners. We were tight knit and very helpful towards new owners, because we were all still seeking knowledge on the platform.
I've been one of the voices trying to get this forum back to that tight knit, friendly community we used to be. However, I must say that this argument is the most cogent one I've heard yet for justifying this mentality and I can admit to seeing the worth when put from that perspective.

Take note everyone, this is how you do it without breaking the TOU and risking infractions. Feel free to toe the line, just don't cross it.

Carry on with the gang bang people.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:48 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I need to record these thread cause we need another ninety nine thousand of them...give or take
Old 03-29-2013, 12:01 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nukiz0r
Normally I'm on the other side of this argument. I remember when this was a community of a very few; the Z was still considered out of reach for all but the most dedicated of owners. We were tight knit and very helpful towards new owners, because we were all still seeking knowledge on the platform.
I've been one of the voices trying to get this forum back to that tight knit, friendly community we used to be. However, I must say that this argument is the most cogent one I've heard yet for justifying this mentality and I can admit to seeing the worth when put from that perspective.

Take note everyone, this is how you do it without breaking the TOU and risking infractions. Feel free to toe the line, just don't cross it.

Carry on with the gang bang people.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahhh... I remember you now... Always putting "--Spike" at the end of your posts as if we couldn't see your screen name on the left.

We don't need a bunch of dumb kids on here IMO. We'd almost be condoning their behavior if we did. Post some stupid crap and lie about stuff and you should be thrown to the wolves, not protected and coddled.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Word has it that @Hraesvelg has a tiny peepee for which he constantly attempts compensating by posting aggressively. Recent posts seem to authenticate this, but I am unable to verify the rumors. I have no idea and could care less

For identification purposes: @Hraesvelg’s physique is short and chubby, but I cannot provide details past that.
I haven't had any complaints from the ladies yet.

Short and chubby?

https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-...ab-of-man.html

And that's a year old photo before I started lifting.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Spike100

@Spork, I think you are correct. I’m better off staying in the tech forums and away from these general discussions where I never seem to do well. --Spike

Originally Posted by Spork
Plenty of new members join this site. Some of these new members are asshats. These are the people we do not want here. Ever been out with a group of car guys and there's one dude speeding around and acting reckless, f*cking it up for everyone? These are the people we get rid of.

I'm sorry, Spike. I've shared a lot of tech info in the same threads you did. You contribute some good info. You should, however, stay out of these types of threads and let the controlled chaos continue.

A yard ridden with weeds is a sh*tty yard. A yard with no weeds stands out and is praised for its great appearance. Sometimes you gotta get a little harsh to keep those weeds out.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

--Spike
Old 03-29-2013, 01:42 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Spork
I think it's time for you to leave Japan
Old 03-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Spike100

“Grasshopper, you will feel the spirit when you…”

@AdvanZ33… Great post!! You understand and I did get it.

Last edited by Spike100; 03-29-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Wrecked my Z, now what?