Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 07:43 AM
dchengmd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Z-INCOGNITO
BmX... I say get what you wanna get...It doesn't matter what you get or how you drive it, just use your common sense when you are driving the car and you should be fine...
That was the whole problem people had - the kid pretty much admitted that when he gets into a car, all of his common sense flies out the window...
Old 01-26-2004, 07:47 AM
BmXGenLee

Originally posted by dchengmd
That was the whole problem people had - the kid pretty much admitted that when he gets into a car, all of his common sense flies out the window...
hey well ive been thinkin it over and all but i dunno.... i bet when you were a kid u thought stupid sh*t or did stupid sh*t.. i dont even have a car yet and im into all taht sh*t... i guess ill have to wait.. but i am reconsidering wat i said earlier in the forum.... ill keep in mind the points you people taught me in a way.. thank... keep replying
Old 01-26-2004, 03:29 PM
SirZaLot

Default Re: i see

Originally posted by BmXGenLee
... but like i said ... when i get into a car.. everything changes for some reason.. i dont know why but its this one feeling you get and you cant describe it.. maybe i have gasoline as blood ...

I think you and your friends have 2F2F as blood...
Old 01-26-2004, 03:49 PM
BmXGenLee

Default Re: Re: i see

Originally posted by SirZaLot
I think you and your friends have 2F2F as blood...
lol ... i dunno wat it is... im just weird i guess..... oh yea.... if anyone is interested in a VW Corrado email me or something cuz i have one up for sale... lata
Old 01-26-2004, 04:08 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

35oZephyR

thanks man you got a point there... im not even sure what i wanna get now?!?! so basically you guys say it aint really worth taking a 350z and hookin that baby up? i was wondering i wanna wait till the Legacy 2.5 GT comes out because that looks like a hot car or the Spec B.... Reply back with your opinions
I dont think that's what most people are trying to say. To many people on this board, the Z is worth hookin up. Just look around the forums and you'll see people already trying to push the Z. It still has alot of potential because the cars only been around for a year.

What people are really trying to say is, the Z is a powerful car and can be suped up, but someone your age has to demonstrate restrain and control before having such high ambition for your car.
Most folks can understand a kid with a 120 hp civic and barely pushing it up to 160 with some mods. However, having a stock 287 hp car and pushing it past the 300hp fold with little street experience can be scary.

It's like never owning a real dog before but your first pup is a pitbull and you're already teaching it how to kill. If you don't have experience that dog might turn around and bite you.

I think everyone here as been through the stage you're going through. I felt invincible and carefree once... You just have to ask yourself if you're going to be careful and be safe. Will you drop the clutch and mash the pedal if some random kid taunts you at a stoplight?

No one is telling you not to get the Z, it's an awesome car and if that's what you truly desire then don't let none of these critics kill your dream. If a few people can sway or influence your decisions then obviously you haven't found a real reason within yourself to validate how you feel. You have to look past the spur of the moment passion and emotional desire. This car is beyond it's looks so you have take into account every aspect of the car.

The best thing to do is to listen to people who actually know how it is to own this vehicle. Look past the personal criticism and do your research on this board and you'll eventually figure out if it's the car for you or not.

Being your age was one of the most exciting yet confusing times of my life. I loved cars ever since I could identify them and knowing I was at the verge of having one to call my own blew my mind away. At your age, I think we seek for too much validation and self actualization through our vehicles. Understand that you're still young and you'll probably see many cars along the way to your prime. The perks and peeves you have about a vehicle will all be part of the experience. Just go with the flow and dont let the decision on your first car give you a headache.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:34 PM
BmXGenLee

35oZephyR

hey man i guess i can agree totally with you... u have the most straight forward reason and only one which is making most sense in my head.. i am going through a confusing time now just like you all have or are going through... but it can be the best time of your life i guess if you live it right, right? well i dont want no honda civic or anything near that... at least 25+ on my first car!. lol.. i need to have an ill ride and pick up some chicks 2 ya know!... haha ... and something which has ***** which wont kill me.... wow... after my first post till now... i have been through 2 days of like non stop thinkin on how ive been a lil crazy bout cars... and it aint a headache but a realization... well keep posting
Old 01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
dchengmd

"Something that has ***** which won't kill you" depends entirely on you, not the car.

Another thing to consider is how you're going to keep up with the payments on the car, plus the insurance, gas, and maintenance expenses. Plus, if you end up going to college, you'll want to consider whether or not you want to work during school just to keep up with payments and expenses.

Also, if you really do have $30000 or more to spend on a new Z, and have $20000 to mod it, you need to consider why the heck you're putting so much cash into modifying the car. If it's for pure speed, then you're much better off getting a Mustang or even a Vette or some other pure muscle car and saving quite a bit of money. But spending what amounts to 66% of the original price of a car to modify it for no good reason makes little sense, unless you're rich enough to fritter that cash away without a second thought.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:48 PM
BmXGenLee

"Something that has ***** which won't kill you" depends entirely on you, not the car.

Another thing to consider is how you're going to keep up with the payments on the car, plus the insurance, gas, and maintenance expenses. Plus, if you end up going to college, you'll want to consider whether or not you want to work during school just to keep up with payments and expenses.

Also, if you really do have $30000 or more to spend on a new Z, and have $20000 to mod it, you need to consider why the heck you're putting so much cash into modifying the car. If it's for pure speed, then you're much better off getting a Mustang or even a Vette or some other pure muscle car and saving quite a bit of money. But spending what amounts to 66% of the original price of a car to modify it for no good reason makes little sense, unless you're rich enough to fritter that cash away without a second thought.

aight i dont wanna sound like a rich b*tch... but i do have money... and i hate American Cars,,, Ford , chevy, dodge, etc... i cant stand them... im sorry.. im a pure European car lover.... bmw, audi, mercedes, vw, etc.. cept the one car i love... which is jap is the Z and the Skyline... but skyline out of question... but the Z ... its the one thing that makes me turn my head and all... wow u really picking on me man hahahah... its all good.... welll yea thats wat i want ... jeez... this car choosing process is killing me
Old 01-26-2004, 05:00 PM
dchengmd

aight i dont wanna sound like a rich b*tch... but i do have money... and i hate American Cars,,, Ford , chevy, dodge, etc... i cant stand them... im sorry.. im a pure European car lover.... bmw, audi, mercedes, vw, etc.. cept the one car i love... which is jap is the Z and the Skyline... but skyline out of question... but the Z ... its the one thing that makes me turn my head and all... wow u really picking on me man hahahah... its all good.... welll yea thats wat i want ... jeez... this car choosing process is killing me
Dont consider it as me 'picking on you'. I'm bringing up a few issues that you may not be aware of during this process of picking a car.

The bottom line is, you're going to buy the car you like regardless of what we say here. I'm just wondering what your priorities lie in what you're looking for out of a car. If you looking for pure performance and you're going to track the car a lot, then maybe a Z isn't the best thing for you. If it's european cars you like, then you might consider a BMW E46 M3 if you have that $50000 to spend. It handles great and will smoke a Z with no problem. Or, wait for the Lotus Elise and it'll be faster and out-handle any other car out there.

So far you haven't been very specific about what you're planning to do with the car. Plus, you need to clear your head and get that urge to drive like a crazy person out of your system. I don't see why this process is killing you, though.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:12 PM
BmXGenLee

Dont consider it as me 'picking on you'. I'm bringing up a few issues that you may not be aware of during this process of picking a car.

The bottom line is, you're going to buy the car you like regardless of what we say here. I'm just wondering what your priorities lie in what you're looking for out of a car. If you looking for pure performance and you're going to track the car a lot, then maybe a Z isn't the best thing for you. If it's european cars you like, then you might consider a BMW E46 M3 if you have that $50000 to spend. It handles great and will smoke a Z with no problem. Or, wait for the Lotus Elise and it'll be faster and out-handle any other car out there.

So far you haven't been very specific about what you're planning to do with the car. Plus, you need to clear your head and get that urge to drive like a crazy person out of your system. I don't see why this process is killing you, though.

well how old are u man... u go throug this stage.. just about everyone is talking about there "ride".... i take it serious... car means alot to me ...well ... i was thinkin of the E36 but im not sure ... i also was thinking of a nice R32 , but wat i would love to have is an Audi RS6 or Mercedes SL55AMG... but some things we cant have... with the bmw i will not much to do to it to have it nice and swift and same with r32 but ... something's will be done i guess
Old 01-26-2004, 05:30 PM
dchengmd

well how old are u man... u go throug this stage.. just about everyone is talking about there "ride".... i take it serious... car means alot to me ...well ... i was thinkin of the E36 but im not sure ... i also was thinking of a nice R32 , but wat i would love to have is an Audi RS6 or Mercedes SL55AMG... but some things we cant have... with the bmw i will not much to do to it to have it nice and swift and same with r32 but ... something's will be done i guess
Well, I'm 33 and yes, I did go through this stage you're talking about. When I was 17, my dream cars were the Lotus Esprit and the Porsche 944 Turbo as a more practical alternative. All I ended up driving, though, were Honda Accords for the first 7 years since getting my license. Now I've got my MD degree and anticipate making $400K+/year in a few months.

Nothing wrong with dreaming, and if you have the means to get the car you want right now, then go for it - but only AFTER you've thought everything through and planned ahead for extra expenses. All I'm saying is just keep it safe, and be at least a little practical. It's not necessary to drive like you're racing for your life on the street, especially if there's other people around.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:42 PM
BmXGenLee

Well, I'm 33 and yes, I did go through this stage you're talking about. When I was 17, my dream cars were the Lotus Esprit and the Porsche 944 Turbo as a more practical alternative. All I ended up driving, though, were Honda Accords for the first 7 years since getting my license. Now I've got my MD degree and anticipate making $400K+/year in a few months.

Nothing wrong with dreaming, and if you have the means to get the car you want right now, then go for it - but only AFTER you've thought everything through and planned ahead for extra expenses. All I'm saying is just keep it safe, and be at least a little practical. It's not necessary to drive like you're racing for your life on the street, especially if there's other people around.
i agree on how u said racing for your life on the street and hows theres other people on the road now ,,, thought the beginning was stupid and ddidnt realize that... yea i have 10k saved up now and making saving 300 a week for the car. my parents will pay the insurance and such if i go to college and i seriously plan on going... hopefully west point,,, but that is like wow.... hehe... navy academy sounds nice also... but yea... thansk for the opinion bro... i appreciate it
Old 01-26-2004, 07:08 PM
BeavisNuke

Anyone who has such horrible grammar and spelling does not deserve to own a sports car.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:22 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BeavisNuke
Anyone who has such horrible grammar and spelling does not deserve to own a sports car.
With that kind of logic, thousands of folks on this board do not deserve to own a sports car.

Give the kid a break, it's not a thesis paper and I understand him just fine. I think the whole point of having a forum like this is for everyone to convey their opinions and share their knowledge in the most comfortable and casual way they can.

The English/ American language was built upon the butchering of English anyway! i'm kiddin

Cheers
Old 01-27-2004, 07:57 AM
BmXGenLee

Originally posted by BeavisNuke
hey... i grew up around the hiphop community so if i talk strange, well thats me... sorry im not your little prep school boy with a tie on and eating small bite after bite... sorry aint me and i hope it aint me... and what does grammar have to do with driving... well when school comes first you think i talk or write like this on my essays or what not... lol ... nah ... its a whole new me.. the smart me