Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z Attack Turns Into a Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 06:16 AM
TZUNAMI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Z Attack Turns Into a Nightmare

So I'm out with the girlie and a couple friends and we stop in for chinese food. I park where I think I will be safe, right out front under heavy sodium lamp illumination. Enjoy dinner and come outside to find that my Z has been hit by some kids spraying paintballs from the feeder road. Ok, I think, "I'm really pissed but it will just wash off." Before we head to the movies I find an exxon with a touchless wash. I just wanted to get the little bits of pink funky greasy paint off my Z. No telling what they might do to the finish. I pull into the touchless and thats when I hear the sickening grind as my driver's side front wheel gets raped by the wheel gaurd thingy in the wash. I knew it was already @#%!#$% and couldn't bare to look until I got out of my Z at the theater.

I'm going to call the gas station manager on Monday and politely ask that the replace my rim and pay for the wheel balance as well. I am sure there is some BS disclaimer about them not being responsible, but if they take that route I'll go to the local media hounds here that are citizens advocates.

I'm just really pissed that A) these kids did this crap and got away without me being able to place my size 11 in their A$$ and B) that as a result I did something I would never do to my Z and it got damaged as a result.

Anyway, I'l wait for the flames from people who say I should have known better. I just needed to vent.

On the bright side, if I don't get the wheel fixed/replaced I may finally pull the trigger on some nice rims.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear that man. I will never run my car through a wash, just because of that reason. When I take my car to get serviced at the dealer, I always tell them not to wash the car. I have a friend who's whels were scraped because of those damn guide rails.

Bat™
Old 02-22-2004, 07:29 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

There is most likely a disclaimer at the wash where they will not pay for any damages. sorry
Old 02-22-2004, 07:48 AM
pices312

They can post what they like about their responsibilty but ultimately they have some liabilty. The cost of OEM 18" rims is over $800/ rim. Good luck on replacement, you might want to try repairing them if practical.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:27 AM
lairdness

you may want to file a police report to have something official on record...relly you should have done that right then and there...at the wash that is...

that sucks bud...I know the fealing...good luck with it
Old 02-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck man. I seriously doubt that they will be liable for the wheel damage though.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:40 AM
guerojo

Something similar...Went through a touchless car wash but the arm that goes around the car came off the hinge and scraped the side of my car and left a 16" gash in my fender and door. The arm had foam and didnt think that anything had happened to it until I got out at work. I called the owner of tha gas station and he just sent me to his paint shop and they fixed it in two days and charged the station owner 650 dollars.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that really sucks man... I am sorry to hear that...

but maybe I can help you...
Old 02-22-2004, 09:15 AM
R.J._Vancouver

I don`t think the same laws apply, but a buddy of mine thats a lawyer told me that when a business like a car wash damages a car, they can put up all the signs they want saying they are not responsible for damage, legally they are responsible. The signs are basically to trick people into thinking they have no case.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:21 AM
rouxeny

Good luck, but I don't think they are responsible for the damage.

I'm not sure...we'll see.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:36 AM
erock

SHOULDA KNOWN BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

All it is is a sign from the Z gods..... Time for new rims...
Old 02-22-2004, 04:01 PM
D@ActiveTuning

Originally posted by R.J._Vancouver
I don`t think the same laws apply, but a buddy of mine thats a lawyer told me that when a business like a car wash damages a car, they can put up all the signs they want saying they are not responsible for damage, legally they are responsible. The signs are basically to trick people into thinking they have no case.
What would you say to them then...what what's the law the states that? I would think if they had disclaimers they aren't responsible...If they were you could just drive your car in there with wheels everytime and get new ones...
Old 02-22-2004, 10:36 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Dude, sorry to hear. And these car wash places get these type of claims all the time. They never pay out though. Sorry about that too.

You did better than I would. After the paintballs, I would've cut the date early and went home to clean it.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
TZUNAMI

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
that really sucks man... I am sorry to hear that...

but maybe I can help you...
Yeah? Hows that?

I did call today, the "manager" is supposed to call me back. I won't hold my breath though. It's probably gonna cost me more to persue legal action, but I am going to find out what my rights are in Texas and do what I can.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:41 PM
TZUNAMI

Here is a pic.