Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

does this happen to anyone else....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 09:13 AM
leykias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile does this happen to anyone else....

i own a 04 db 350z(at)

for some crazy reason my father wouldn't allow me to get the manual... gave me an answer i thought was ******** - [oh you want to get a manual just so you can race huh???? ] i just thought to myself - oh comm'on....i don't even have to get a manual 350z to go fast...... automatic is just as fast....

anyways....

i was driving my mother's audi a4 (1998) manual....for about two weeks...when i get back into my z my left foot is on the brake pedal...... i'm constantly laughing at myself because i so use to automatically depressing the clutch pedal

oh btw i just learned to drive manual smoooooothly on my mom's car....now i wish even more that i had a manual 350z

and another thing- i live in northridge and i saw another db 350z with a custom grille i think (door edge maybe but the chrome was also on the vertical lines of the oem grille) just wondering if he/she was on this board and if he/she could tell me what did you use for your grille.....

THANKS GUYS!!!

btw i'm so addicted to z forums...i check this board at least 10 times a day for new posts..

i thought i was crazy about my z but after reading some of the posts here....there are some insane lunatics out here!!!! (i mean that in a good way)

have fun driving!!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 09:23 AM
kendoll

Default Re: does this happen to anyone else....

Originally posted by leykias
i own a 04 db 350z(at)

for some crazy reason my father wouldn't allow me to get the manual... gave me an answer i thought was ******** - [oh you want to get a manual just so you can race huh???? ] i just thought to myself - oh comm'on....i don't even have to get a manual 350z to go fast...... automatic is just as fast....

anyways....

i was driving my mother's audi a4 (1998) manual....for about two weeks...when i get back into my z my left foot is on the brake pedal...... i'm constantly laughing at myself because i so use to automatically depressing the clutch pedal

oh btw i just learned to drive manual smoooooothly on my mom's car....now i wish even more that i had a manual 350z

and another thing- i live in northridge and i saw another db 350z with a custom grille i think (door edge maybe but the chrome was also on the vertical lines of the oem grille) just wondering if he/she was on this board and if he/she could tell me what did you use for your grille.....

THANKS GUYS!!!

btw i'm so addicted to z forums...i check this board at least 10 times a day for new posts..

i thought i was crazy about my z but after reading some of the posts here....there are some insane lunatics out here!!!! (i mean that in a good way)

have fun driving!!!!
I am facing that same problem. My husband doesn't want me to get a manual either. Kind of scared to, after some of the posts that I have read. I am getting my Z very soon. I feel like that wacko on silence of the lambs, I have coveted this car for soooo long, well never mind I know you know how I feel. Anyways whenever I drive a stick and get back into my car I keep feeling for the 3rd pedal.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:28 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

leykias - tell your dad that you want to get the manual for fuel economy purposes. And that the AT is virtually identical in performance as the MT (whether true or not, use this board as a reference). Heck, you could even reference someone like 12SecZ and his SC'ed AT... talk about racing...

kendoll - why doesn't your husband want you to get a MT? Is he strictly prohibiting you, or advising against?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Jason Bourne

Hey, just be glad that your dad is buying you a Z. I'm not too sure I would buy my teenage kid a 287hp sports car. Unless he had proven to me at the track that he is a responsible, competent driver.

Anyway, in the meantime, enjoy the Z and look forward to when you are earning money and can buy yourself a manual tranny sports car!

Jason
Old 03-01-2004, 09:54 AM
sparkman

I had an idea how to drive a MT before I got my Z, but I had never really driven a stick before. I got the manual anwayz because I felt that getting a sports car with an automatic trans was like buying a 60" black & white TV.
My wife was against the idea because of the bumper-to-bumper traffic we have in the Wash. DC area.
But, I've had the Z for two weeks, and I haven't regretted the decision once. Not even when getting honked at because I've stalled out during rush hour.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:54 AM
tbcz

Default Re: does this happen to anyone else....

Originally posted by leykias
Some friendly advice...your left foot should be on the dead pedal (space to the left of the clutch) at all times except when you are in the process of shifting. Getting into this habit will minimize the "left foot on the brake" thing you experience when switching to an automatic. You may pump the air clutch a few times, but your left foot should never be near the brake in either an automatic or a manual.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:19 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the grill was likely chrome door edge gaurd. you can get it at pepboys or autozone. then cut it to fit. ussually comes in a short roll(might need 2 or 3 rolls) a few members did do the vertical strips as well, same process.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:24 AM
kendoll

Originally posted by yobri
leykias - tell your dad that you want to get the manual for fuel economy purposes. And that the AT is virtually identical in performance as the MT (whether true or not, use this board as a reference). Heck, you could even reference someone like 12SecZ and his SC'ed AT... talk about racing...

kendoll - why doesn't your husband want you to get a MT? Is he strictly prohibiting you, or advising against?
No- he just thinks that traffic is too bad, and not worth the bother. I'm not sure if it is worth listening to him whine about it though. But at the same time what it is the point of having a sports car if it is not MT. I have a sports car now that is AT and its cheating. I do have the turbo switch though, but still.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:25 AM
justinv

I'm just curious but is your father buying the car for you? If he is(you spoiled little s***) than be happy with what you get. Any Z is better than no Z. If you are buying the car yourself than tell dad to go and bite the big one.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:39 PM
leykias

yea...i feel pretty fu*king spoiled....and i feel bad driving the car........

and as for my left foot touching the brake pedal....i'ts only when i start up the car because manual transmission cars need the clutch depressed in order to start the engine... sorry about not being clear..

-justinv .....damn.....you dont' have to be so pissed off....

because my father bought me the car...i'm extra careful with the car...and i' m very resposible....at least i think i am..lol..

four zaino layers in counting--- i wash my car everyweekend since owning the car except for when it rained...my father think's i'm crazy.... but he was EXTREMELY IMPRESSED BY my detailing...

-Jason Bourne ---- my mother told me the same thing, "you can look foward to buying yourself a manual car" lol

-kendoll ----- whatever you do..if you want the MANUAL please get it.....you're going to regret it..i SWEAR!!!!!! i'm almost contempating on just driving my mom's '98 audi A4 just because it is stick....

stickshift is so sexy!!!!!!

btw i drove my friends' 04 forrester (the turbo'd one) wow!!!! very nice car...pulls nicely with the awd!!!