Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Minor case of Road Rage......

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 10:00 AM
Big Sexz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Minor case of Road Rage......

I’m with my wife just before 9pm at the drive up ATM doing my thing and just as I’m wrapping everything up, a young female with a co-pilot pulls behind me in a 2 door Saturn with her windows down and “Usher” spewing from her stereo. I observed all of this in the 4 seconds that I was waiting for the machine to give me my cash and card back. No sooner than my card pops out and she starts revving her engine and yelling “Come On, Move”. I pull up about half way and stop for a split second just to be a jerk. We then take off on our marry way to get some dinner. Not 1 minute later (not even enough time to make it to the stop light) she does her best impersonation of Maverick doing a fly by just missing my front end. That was it. As she cut in front of me, she then proceeded to the left turn lane and got caught by the light. I roll up tight to her @ss and put my blinker on. The light goes through another cycle before we get the green arrow. I follow her through 2 more stop lights where she is totally ridding the next cars butt. I followed her through a few more turns so she knew for a fact what was up and then onto the highway, staying just off her bumper incase she decided to brake. She was in the left lane doing 80 in a 60 and then she decided to get over into the right lane and slow down to 65. There was a car up in front of her that was going real slow so I sped around her and then matched the slow cars speed. There was an innocent car in the mix now and I didn’t want to punish them so I sped up and overtook the slow car on the right allowing the bystander to pass freely. I notice the Saturn then get over into the left lane to try and pass as well. I cut her off and then she got close and I did a break check….HARD. Not any little tappy tap, but stood on them. Her nose dropped way down as she slammed on the brakes and swerved into the right lane passing me. I drop it into 3rd and instantly am right next to her. My engine screaming as I kept punching the gas surging forward right next to her. Her lane had turned into an exit ramp for another highway which I could only hope she hadn’t intended on taking because I stayed right next to her forcing her onto it. Just as there was enough grass to separate us and she knew that she was safe her window came down and she waived to us 1 finger at a time. I was only trying to instill enough fear so that she would think twice about rushing people in front of her. Looking back, I’m sure it will make no difference and was a very reckless thing to do. I know street justice isnt the right answer, but it seemed good at the time. I feel bad about it now though, just knowing what could have happened.

Thanks for listening, I just needed to get this out.
Jeff (puts flame suit on)
Old 10-11-2004, 11:43 AM
MadMax76

Not 2 weeks ago a friend of mine accidently, not even knowing and of couse not on purpose, cut a guy off on a resedential street. Note that my friend is about 300 lbs and a very big guy. Guess what, he got his *** kicked and his nose broken by a guy who was apperantely even bigger then he was. I wonder if you would've done the same thing to a guy like that . I am not protecting her behavior, she is a royal bi.tch just wanted to play a devil's advocate . Oh, yea, and there are dumb chicks with guns out there too, so I will try to keep my road attitude in check.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:59 AM
tacomaboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just breathe deep and try to enjoy third gear.

I have found trying to get justice does not make you feel any better... I used to try, and I ended up more stressed, frustrated, and pissed off than before.

Now I work hard at just blowing it off, and 9/10 times it works, and I can enjoy my day.

350Z >> Saturn

She was jealous
Old 10-11-2004, 12:35 PM
bascelik

I with tacomaboy. Gave up loooong time ago. Mainly because I lived in Detroit . Although, Houston ain't much better...
Old 10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
xray2

Was it Jean-Claude Van Damme? He's always beating the crap out of 300+ guys with his ballet kicks.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Big Sexz

I know it was a stupid thing to do. To answer the question, no if it was a big guy I wouldnt have done anything. I'm a big guy as well, but have never been in a fight and not looking to start.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:17 AM
tacomaboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Big Sexy... errr Sexz...

dont sweat it, we all get pissed, its human.

Just next time try and remember you will feel better if you blow it off. Its very hard to do for the first few seconds, and it doesnt always work. But when it does you feel better about it in the end.

I actually caught a fight on the highway once... was wierd... some truck pulled in front of another truck and they both drove into a ditch. A guy jumped out of each truck and the bigger guy knocked the other guy down and just started wailing on him. His girlfreind/ wife was standing back crying. I have no doubt that he regrets doing that. Thank goodness neither of them had agun huh?
Old 10-12-2004, 11:40 AM
havabooz

nicely done...i felt the same way you did when i read the story
Old 10-12-2004, 01:15 PM
MRfire

You were with your wife???!! Holy crap, my g-friend would have an everloving sh*tfit if I did anything like that with her in the car. Geez, I can't even rev past 3k or she'll b*tch
Old 10-12-2004, 06:04 PM
stu46

ha, i did the same thing. the only difference is there were 4 guys and a girl, all in a tahoe. needless to say, they tried to punk me back but they didn't know my car was faster than theirs. they did in about 5 sec though.........lol
Old 10-12-2004, 06:18 PM
roydiculous

I wouldn't want to mess with someone while I was in my car. I'd be afraid they'll throw whatever was in thier car at my car.... coins, bottles, etc etc...

A solid impact of a bottle at 80mph = no good.

If I was a millionaire, then we could play bumper cars. But if I was a multimillionaire and deranged, I'd get my bodyguard to follow behind me in a beater and ram the hell out of anyone being a bastard...

The rich get away with everything.. lol
Old 10-13-2004, 09:00 AM
RedLeader

Come to Oregon and live the nightmare: Our legislature passed an "aggressive driving" statute. Ride too close, drive too fast, cut somebody off, you don't just get the ticket for the infraction, you get the aggressive-driving citation. Makes you think twice.

Remember the story in the news a year or two ago where the two suburban housewives had a road-rage incident and when one of them walked up to the others car, the woman driving pulled a handgun and capped her?
Originally posted by roydiculous
I wouldn't want to mess with someone while I was in my car. I'd be afraid they'll throw whatever was in thier car at my car.... coins, bottles, etc etc...

A solid impact of a bottle at 80mph = no good.

If I was a millionaire, then we could play bumper cars. But if I was a multimillionaire and deranged, I'd get my bodyguard to follow behind me in a beater and ram the hell out of anyone being a bastard...

The rich get away with everything.. lol