Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:18 AM
430ztt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont worry, pics and video footage will definently be there...i got my window mount for my camcorder so now I can focus on driving and not driving while get some decent footage its not that safe....
Old 05-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Bini2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thursday's Nashville TN Caravan Logistics

Thursday's Nashville TN Caravan Logistics

May 19th, Thursday morning at 9:00 EST, we will leave from Crawford Z Car Service and head to Fontana Village. The goal is to get to Fontana around 12-1. This is to beat the crowds and have some fun together on Thursday night.

We want to see how many Z we can get to caravan with us!! If you already have a caravan planned for Fontana, join up in TN and head in with everyone!!

If there are any questions, PM me.

Thanks,
Matthew

Directions to Crawford Z Car Service:

CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE IS LOCATED AT 1622 STATE STREET NEAR DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE.

TO GET TO CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE:

TAKE I-40/I-65 THROUGH DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE (NOT I-440).

AS YOU PASS THROUGH THE DOWNTOWN AREA, TAKE THE CHURCH STREET EXIT.

AT THE END OF THE RAMP, TURN AWAY FROM DOWNTOWN (WEST) ONTO CHURCH STREET.

STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE AND PROCEED TO 17TH AVE (APPROX.2 BLOCKS).

TURN RIGHT ON 17TH AVE.

GO ONE BLOCK AND TURN RIGHT ONTO STATE ST.

YOU WILL SEE A WHOLE BUNCH OF Z CARS AND CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE ON THE LEFT.

http://www.zdayzevents.com/zforum/viewtopic.php?t=28

Last edited by Bini2; 05-05-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:04 PM
zzzya

I plan to be in Nashville Wed night to meet up with you guys in the morning for the Caravan!!!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Bini2

Originally Posted by zzzya
I plan to be in Nashville Wed night to meet up with you guys in the morning for the Caravan!!!
I'll be there Wednesday night as well. We should get together for dinner and/or drinks, see if we can get the Crawford guys out too.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:30 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by Bini2
I'll be there Wednesday night as well. We should get together for dinner and/or drinks, see if we can get the Crawford guys out too.
Sounds like a plan to me!! I am getting pumped for this event. The drive is not going to be much fun until I hook up with the caravan but it will be worth it!! Where are you staying Wed night? I haven't made reservations yet. Vandy any place we could crash Wed? What about Chris, is he coming or has he sold the Z?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:05 PM
nissan_fanatic

I can't belive I just read all 19 pages of this, man I am really excited about this.

Well I'm an extremely late addition but I booked my room today, coming in on Thursday night. 1st time to the event (Thanks buzzard for the heads up) and it sounds like it's going to be awesome. Wish I could get my spoiler installed first (Veilside Version 2) but that is way it goes I guess.
FVN told me I booked the last room. Kinda of bummed about the biker thing though, almost wish I skipped page 18 & 19, at least they won't be staying at the same hotel. Made the mistake of going to Myrtle Beach during biker weak 1 time, a mistake I won't make again.
Well can't wait, the countdown is on. Works been stressing me out lately and will up until the event so this will be a nice long weekend.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Bini2

First off, a big Welcome from Big E!!

Originally Posted by nissan_fanatic
Kinda of bummed about the biker thing though
Huh?? There is NO reason to be bummed out about a few bikers. I don't see why ppl are getting hung up on this, traffic should be the same as last year....with a few more Zs in the Mix.

Last fall 20-30 of us got together for a weekend and drove around. We didn't even ride the Dragon on Saturday and we had just as much fun if not more (first time I have ever driven in a cloud). There was so much road, we ended up getting lost!!

Mark my words this will be a blast!!

Did I mention that there will be a gas powered blender for Margaritas?

Again, welcome.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:09 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't belive I just read all 19 pages of this, man I am really excited about this.

Well I'm an extremely late addition but I booked my room today, coming in on Thursday night. 1st time to the event (Thanks buzzard for the heads up) and it sounds like it's going to be awesome. Wish I could get my spoiler installed first (Veilside Version 2) but that is way it goes I guess.
FVN told me I booked the last room. Kinda of bummed about the biker thing though, almost wish I skipped page 18 & 19, at least they won't be staying at the same hotel. Made the mistake of going to Myrtle Beach during biker weak 1 time, a mistake I won't make again.
Well can't wait, the countdown is on. Works been stressing me out lately and will up until the event so this will be a nice long weekend.

Glad to see you can make it!
Old 05-06-2005, 05:43 AM
mcduck

Did I mention that there will be a gas powered blender for Margaritas?
and gas powered RC cars, too, I think...

I'll post this reminder later, but everyone should go by the Fontana Village registration desk starting on Thursday and sign in (whether you booked a room or are staying with someone). The names on the sign-in sheet will be used for some prize drawings and to get an accurate count of how many Zs show up this year!
Old 05-10-2005, 03:16 PM
dougrace zs

Hell yeah on the gas-powered RC cars and the gas powered blender. Also bringing one of the dam*** fastest NA Z Cars so catch me if you can (Lightning guy - it's faster than it was last year ). Also bringing the slowest vehicle in the group - a people powered canoe.

Although the blender is gas-powered, it also burns a lot of tequila, so please bring a bottle with your mixer (Bacardi Margarita mix next to the frozen orange juice). But. if we run out of tequila, there's always Dougie Boost (aka Lite Beer by Miller)

Looking forward to getting out on the road with you guys and going REAL fast.

Doug
Old 05-10-2005, 06:16 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey everyone.... I have been avoiding this post cause, but i finally broke down and read it all, and I must say that I shoulden't have done that cause now IM SO FREAKIN EXCITED it's not even funny . I probably wont sleep for day's now. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. I know a few people from here, but it's always fun to know more

I will be rooming with Kevin (KPTechnologies) and both of our girlfriends. We are leaving from his house in Dayton at 9 a.m. so we'll probably be headin in about 4 -5 ish.

Anywys I just wanted to come in and introduce myself.... Hi everyone, im Clay, everyone be sure to say hi to me, or else

THIS IS GOING TO BE A FREAKING BLAST.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:32 AM
pulpz2

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFaster
Hey everyone.... I have been avoiding this post cause, but i finally broke down and read it all, and I must say that I shoulden't have done that cause now IM SO FREAKIN EXCITED it's not even funny . I probably wont sleep for day's now. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. I know a few people from here, but it's always fun to know more

I will be rooming with Kevin (KPTechnologies) and both of our girlfriends. We are leaving from his house in Dayton at 9 a.m. so we'll probably be headin in about 4 -5 ish.

Anywys I just wanted to come in and introduce myself.... Hi everyone, im Clay, everyone be sure to say hi to me, or else

THIS IS GOING TO BE A FREAKING BLAST.
Are you from Dayton Also? I met Kevin and his girlfriend last summer at a meet/run. What day are you guys driving down? If thursday you should join the Ohio Caravan.

A couple of us are meeting in Dayton to meet with a bigger group in Cincy (Cincy, Ind., and Clev Guys). Then we hit Lexington to meet the KY are guys and Chicago guys. Should have easily over 20 Z cars in the caravan.

If you are interested check out at /*350ZMotoring*/

or on the Zdayzevents caravan forums.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:34 AM
pulpz2

Any idea about which region has the largest caravan? Would be cool if participants in the largest caravan recieved one of those bad-*** Zdayz key chains as a prize!
Old 05-11-2005, 05:24 AM
mcduck

Any idea about which region has the largest caravan? Would be cool if participants in the largest caravan recieved one of those bad-*** Zdayz key chains as a prize!
Yet another idea to work on for next year... btw, you guys are not going to believe all the stuff we will be giving away! 8 days to go...
Old 05-11-2005, 06:07 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andy,
Just got a room in the time share area. $99 - 25% off + tax =$81.68 for Friday Night. Now which Z should I bring? I am thinking the '71 240Z.......Can I still register early or do I need to at the event? I am bringing my 12 year old son (real owner of the '78 280Z) too. I would like two shirts one XL & one L.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-240z_71w.jpg  

Last edited by jmark; 05-11-2005 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:03 AM
nissan_fanatic

Woohooo!!! I droped my car off and I will have it back in time for the event, getting my Veilside Version 2 wing installed

Did I read correctly, is there 2 classes for the Z33's a N/A and FI?

I too would like some car show info as I see I have missed the early registration deadline but want to get my car in the show.

Last edited by nissan_fanatic; 05-11-2005 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Bini2

Woohooo!!! I droped my car off and I will have it back in time for the event, getting my Veilside Version 2 wing installed

Did I read correctly, is there 2 classes for the Z33's a N/A and FI?

I too would like some car show info as I see I have missed the early registration deadline but want to get my car in the show.
Here are the categories for the car show:
http://www.zdayzevents.com/carshow/categories.htm

Outside of the "What's Hot In The Streets" and "Sport Z Editors' Choice" awards, the awards are people's choice. Meaning you are given a ballot and you vote on the winner.

Here is a link to the registration form, also found in the formz section of the Zdayz website:
http://www.zdayzevents.com/Forms/prereg.doc

Last edited by Bini2; 05-11-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Bini2

Bring the '71 240....what a car.

Originally Posted by jmark
Andy,
Can I still register early or do I need to at the event?
You can register ahead of time!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:36 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bini2
Bring the '71 240....what a car.

You can register ahead of time!
Would a 240Z with spoilers, Panasports, Eibach springs & Tokico HP shocks be considered stock or mod?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Faluzure

I know it may be too early to guarantee, but the forecast for next week is looking GOOD! Hot damn I'm excited.

Fontana Dam, NC
Thursday, May 19th:
Party Cloudy - High of 77F, Low of 50F
Friday, May 20th: Partly Sunny to Mostly Clear in the Evening - High of 84F, Low of 56F
Saturday, May 21st: Mostly Sunny - High of 86F, Low of 60F
Sunday, May 22nd: Partly Cloudy - High of 80F, Low of 51F

Also, don't forget about the ZDayZ Identification Thread that I mentioned 2 months ago. I'd really like to get to know you guys while we are all out there.

Last edited by Faluzure; 05-11-2005 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread