Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

LeMans... mommy... I'm scurred.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 10:26 AM
3rdpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy LeMans... mommy... I'm scurred.

When I saw the original color on the concept car I immediately fell in love... the LeMans is definitely a different color. I know some folks have seen it and I'm wondering if they can re-confirm that I made a good color decisions :-)... I'm pondering a switch to Daytona Blue. I want to be different... stand out... but I also don't want to get a headache from looking at a dirty mustard seed orange car :-P. Those who have seen the Daytona Blue give your overall "in-person" impression.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:39 AM
3rdpower

hehe... nope - I'm truly scurred lol.
Old 06-15-2002, 07:43 PM
alawoowoo

Cool

No way bro. Keep the Lemans, it is the sh*t!! I had preordered Lemans and was a bit worried about the actual color. I've seen alot of new orange based colors around lately, GMC Trucks, Explorers, Cadillac CTS (now this one stands out like a *****). But once I saw the new pics posted last week, I think. That has got to be the best orange color I've seen. I like it better than the NSX color. I think the people that pre-ordered Lemans should feel relieved and lucky to have had the sacks to select this color. Man just sit backand reap the rewards.
Old 06-15-2002, 09:32 PM
rouxeny

I would agree. Those that orderd the LMS were pretty bold and I think they will reap the rewards. It's definitely the most "show car" like color and I'm sure it'll turn heads like Britney running down the street naked. There aren't a lot of cars with a similar color.
Old 06-15-2002, 09:51 PM
LowFuel

Yeah you definitely want to avoid Daytona Blue at all costs!

(cough..)

ps. I heard from a good source (my imagination) that Nissan isn't allowing any more Daytona Blue orders because it's saturday and sunny outside...

Old 06-16-2002, 12:34 AM
Zman

I feel the same way that you do 3rdpower. I have been thinking as to wether I have made the right choice. I have ordered the LeMans based on the color of the Concept. I think it looks unique and BOLD! A 350z will turn heads but a LeMans color one will turn twice as many heads..."just like Brittany Spears running down the street naked" It may make me feel overly self conscious initially.

I have seen an Acura 3.2 L in the same color and it looks very nice and I have also seen an Acura NSX in a color that is very close to LeMans at an Auto Show with similar color leather seats and it looks stunning. There is also an Acura NSX in metallic grey similar to the Silverstone parked every day pretty close to my car at work which looks sleek and really nice but between the two I probably would choose the former.

My second choice is probably Redline or Brickyard. I wish they can all be lined up side by side and we can then be certain about the color. The color of PICs taken by VandyZ are not similar to the Concept color...I wonder whether it's because of his camera. What do you all think?
Old 06-16-2002, 12:42 AM
TCL

3rdpower, I know exactly where you're coming from. I agonized over those same two colors. I think the reason it's so tough to decide is that both are equally appealing for those who want a bold color on their Z.
Old 06-16-2002, 01:28 AM
3rdpower

Those pictures of the Daytona Blue make me drool but my true love will remain in LeMans Sunset... it was my first choice. I hate to say it but damn Daytona Blue is going to look hot with Xenon lights. The Xenon has that blue hue tint. It is going to be awesome. I'm stickin' with my LeMan... Britney running naked sounds too good with orange hair.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:01 AM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Arrow No reason to change.

Color will be beautiful. I loved the color on the prototype.

Thank God for VandyZ posting those pics because I was going crazy.
Old 06-16-2002, 07:28 AM
ncrecordkeeper

ditto ...

I jumped back and forth between daytona and lemans for weeks. Vandy's pics relieved my stress as I was seeing those AWESOME pics of the blue car. I saw a miata in an orangish color today that was sickening, a calf sh*t color. But I'm convinced we're all going to be thrilled with the LeMans. We'll definitely be turning heads by the multitudes...especially getting our cars before most even know Nissan is reintroducing the Z.