Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Should I cancel my roadster!!!???.....advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 06:39 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I cancel my roadster!!!???.....advice needed

My '04 roadster should be arriving at dealer next week. However, after reading about all the suspension issues on the Z, I'm thinking of cancelling and buying an S2000. Any input/advice appreciated.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:00 AM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think you're going to get very constructive advice from a bunch of roadster owners. That being said, I wouldn't trade my ZR for anything in this world. Any issues that appear are well worth dealing with. If you like the s2000 better go for it. If you're just "settling" because you're worried about what might happen, you're going to kick yourself every time you see a happy ZR owner.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:46 PM
EddieJr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far the only problem I've had is the door panel rattling when I crank to much bass.....oh and also spending too much on mods.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:26 PM
srmd22

Never had a single problem with my roadster
Old 03-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Gigi

I love my Roadster. Today, I took her in for her first oil change 2K.

While at the Nissan dealership I saw a sharp silver Chrysler Crossfire in the parking lot. I asked why it was there. He said a guy had his heart set on a Z. Then saw the Crossfire...cancelled his Z, ordered the Crossfire and bought it. After owning it for 3 or 4 weeks he hated it and regreted not buying the Z. (didn't say why he hated it) He then traded it in on a 350Z and the guy said he got his butt kicked on a trade in.
Moral...buy what you originally had your heart set on. Or it could be an expensive regret.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:57 PM
pisces9ca

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Gigi
I love my Roadster. Today, I took her in for her first oil change 2K.

While at the Nissan dealership I saw a sharp silver Chrysler Crossfire in the parking lot. I asked why it was there. He said a guy had his heart set on a Z. Then saw the Crossfire...cancelled his Z, ordered the Crossfire and bought it. After owning it for 3 or 4 weeks he hated it and regreted not buying the Z. (didn't say why he hated it) He then traded it in on a 350Z and the guy said he got his butt kicked on a trade in.
Moral...buy what you originally had your heart set on. Or it could be an expensive regret.
I've had my Z since 8/03, I did replace the top (rather the dealer did) and it was not a pain at all as they provided a rental car etc.
I can't tell you the number of compliments I get everytime I drive the Z. Sunday morning at the gas station the guy next to me says 'Nice ride', three people are swarming around it as I'm checking the oil, looking inside (top down) and smiling all the while. A week ago, at a traffic light the bus driver next to me opens the bus door and asks "Can you beat a Porsche?", I say 'Depends on the Porsche, Boxster , sure, 911 Turbo, don't think so.

My only problem has been the top, and the replacement looks much better made and I'm sure it will be OK.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:22 PM
hrohawg

Short answer? Hell no! Buy it.

I'm at 1800 miles on mine and so far, only problem was a jammed CD changer. Dealer installed a brand new unit in two hours. No problem now.

The other day, coming out from work late.... it was dark, damp and dreary. Got in the ZR, turned the key and everything was bright and sunny.

Yep, it's worth any minor service issues every time you turn the key, top down or top up.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:29 PM
kovalf

Default Re: Should I cancel my roadster!!!???.....advice needed

Nissan claims that all 2004's have the redesigned suspension that eliminates the tire feathering problem. If yours is just coming in it will be a 2004.5 and definitely have the new suspension as well as other improvements. I've only had my Roadster for 2 months, but I haven't had a single problem. There are no sure things with any car, but I think that Nissan has worked out some of the kinks by the 2004.5 models. I'd stick with it, but then again I'm biased. I'm on my 6th Z car.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Pagan

You posted the same question in the main forum, and got the right answer in the first post. Why the hell are you mucking up the rest of the forum by posting the same question over and over?
Old 03-31-2004, 01:15 PM
mode101

thats a tough one. i would give anything to go back to the day I went to the dealership to get mine.. i would have burned rubber out of there and got a vette.

Old 03-31-2004, 07:08 PM
BIGDAWG75

Originally posted by mode101
thats a tough one. i would give anything to go back to the day I went to the dealership to get mine.. i would have burned rubber out of there and got a vette.

You won't be sorry, i have 3100 miles in 8 weeks. You can't help but drive it! The Z is awesome! My 2 cents worth.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:53 PM
jfrymyer

I had a '03 touring coupe and traded up for an '04 ZR triple black touring. Added 19" wheels and wouldn't give it up for anything. I get looks and compliments everytime I'm in it...go for it!
Old 04-02-2004, 03:23 AM
bdsummers

Would not give up my Z for a S2000. Tried to sit in the S and just was not comfortable. I really couldn't get my legs under the dash. Lots more room in the Z. Had a guy at a gas station come up to me and tell me that he liked my car more than his boxster. He loved the seats. Best Christmas present I've ever gotten.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:34 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand this. To me a ZR and a vette are different class cars all together. I like vettes, but if I was thinking of a vetter sized car I would not have put a ZR on the same list...

To me it sounds like saying "I got the VW bettle but would have rather bought the Hummer"... ?!?

Nothing against the Vette, ok? I like old 74 Stingrays. But as a collector/joy ride. My 350Z is a sporty daily driver.

Old 04-02-2004, 04:34 AM
FriscoZR

Default Re: Should I cancel my roadster!!!???.....advice needed

Originally posted by Speedracer
My '04 roadster should be arriving at dealer next week. However, after reading about all the suspension issues on the Z, I'm thinking of cancelling and buying an S2000. Any input/advice appreciated.
No problems here either ~5k miles. Wouldn't trade it for anything. I absolutely love it.