Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Xenarc 7" TSV fitment

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 05:06 AM
spinez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xenarc 7" TSV fitment

I just replaced my Fahrenheit screen with a 7" Xenarc TSV touchscreen - the new screen is AMAZING.. sooooo much better for carpc use than the Fahrenheit.

Anyways, I'm having some problems getting everything fitted the way I want.

I recently saw a post on here detailing how a guy used the fahrenheit casing to put the new lcd in, but I cannot find it for the life of me now. Does anyone have this link bookmarked?

I have the touchscreen portion of the monitor double sided taped onto the cubby hole.. thats not the problem. From there, I have the screen and the electronic parts kinda zip tied down across the back of the monitor. At first, I had the zip ties REALLY right and it was causing major interference with the touchscreen. Now, I have them a bit looser, no interference, but the lcd is sliding around ever so slightly during driving.

So, my question to you guys... how do you *secure* your xenarc/lilliput when its out of the case and mounted in the cubby hole? I plan on making the final adjustments this weekend so all input is greatly welcomed.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:58 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribing to see how this works out.

wanna sell me your fahrenheit?
Old 04-11-2006, 06:09 AM
nissansource

xenarc should be just fine also along with Dynamix
Old 04-11-2006, 06:10 AM
nissansource

looks like i have the pics of a xenarc install at work
Old 04-11-2006, 06:18 AM
dark_muppet

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, that post you're talking about it ME! Cool I feel so original and special.

No anyway do a search for Monitor Install and it should pop up. Complete with pictures. If you have any questions just let me know.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:31 AM
spinez

Originally Posted by dark_muppet
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, that post you're talking about it ME! Cool I feel so original and special.

No anyway do a search for Monitor Install and it should pop up. Complete with pictures. If you have any questions just let me know.
great, i found the post thanks!

anyways, i dont see where on there you talk about securing the LCD in place behing the touchscreen. do you have more pictures or more input on how you did this? also did you have to remove the screw holes on the fahrenheit case to allow the touchscreen to fit? the case is wide enough but the screw holes wont allow the touchscreen to fit down in there.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:27 AM
dark_muppet

Well, there's a few ways you can attach the LCD and touchscreen to secure them:

I superglued the two together (carefully). And then used hotglue to secure it to the farenheit shell. THEN Made a little fiberglass bracket to hold it in even more.

But that might be over kill. The farenheit case is actually pretty good for it alone. you can put the Touchscreen in it and it won't come out. Actually it's hard to get out even if you want to. Then just come up with some sort of way to keep the lcd for sliding back and forth. Again though, with the farenheit shell, it wont really move much. you just might want to put something in there to keep it from possibly sliding to one side or the other.

Really though, it's as if that shell was made for the Xenarc. It's a perfect fit and obviously works well with the Z's cubby.

Sorry I don't have any pics. I'm doing a big install this weekend. Hopefully I'll be posting up a huge how-to for the 2006ers after that and it shoudl include more info on the screen install.

I don't know what you're talking about with the screw holes. What screw holes?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:18 AM
spinez

ok, so on my fahrenheit screen.. the back is screwed to the front bezel with 4 screws. take those 4 screws out and remove the lcd and you have the front bezel open. well, theres 4 screw holes that the back plane fastens to that prevent the touchscreen from fitting in the front bezel properly.

did your fahrenheit have those? i think mine is the 7001 model bought from millionbuy.com.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:04 AM
dark_muppet

Yeah there were 4 screws on mine but they screwed into the back of the circuit board I believe. At any rate, I didn't use the back panel, just the front. The front shell should have little black tabs on it that will hold your Xenarc in place for the most part, then follow as above.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:24 AM
maxipad96

On my lilliput I trimmed down the case instead of dismantling the actual LCD. Ended up working out great, got it in there nice and snug then secured it from the back of the case.