Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Faikius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nova350z
I'll post some pics this weekend. I have it on the rear strut bar.

Make note of my post earlier about how the XM Radio functions with it. It definitely works, but I'm thinking that in retrospect the move would've been to bag the NavTraffic/Weather/Stocks/etc and just use the standard XM adapter.
By "standard adapter" are you referring to this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-PzbxRHi...700XMKENWO#Tab ?

Also, how's your XM sound quality?
Old 03-30-2007, 06:33 PM
nova350z

Originally Posted by Faikius
By "standard adapter" are you referring to this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-PzbxRHi...700XMKENWO#Tab ?

Also, how's your XM sound quality?
That's the one.

Sound quality is good. No complaints there. Satellite radio in general is definitely not as crisp as CDs or even high quality MP3/AAC, but the variety and programming is great.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:06 PM
quentinc25

Hey guys, I just picked up my 07 redline roadster so I am the new guy on the block. This unit looks great and I am going to get one. I have a couple of questions. Is there a kit that I will need to get so I can mount the unit in the dash? What adapters will I need for my iPod and also is there a bluetooth adapter so I can make calls by pairing my Treo to the unit using bluetooth? Also, is this a hard install? Is there a wireing harness adapter so it will plug into the stock harness?

Any info on this unit would be very helpfull

Thanks
Old 04-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quentinc25
Hey guys, I just picked up my 07 redline roadster so I am the new guy on the block. This unit looks great and I am going to get one. I have a couple of questions. Is there a kit that I will need to get so I can mount the unit in the dash? What adapters will I need for my iPod and also is there a bluetooth adapter so I can make calls by pairing my Treo to the unit using bluetooth? Also, is this a hard install? Is there a wireing harness adapter so it will plug into the stock harness?

Any info on this unit would be very helpfull

Thanks
I am not sure what the number of the kitis for 07 But I know people have done it.
You will need a Kca-ip200 Cable for i-Pod Music files. $20
Will neet Bt100 $159.95 for Bluetooth.
Install is not hard.
Yes there is a harness...

Call me when you are ready to order.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:07 PM
nova350z

Originally Posted by Nazar
I am not sure what the number of the kitis for 07 But I know people have done it.
You will need a Kca-ip200 Cable for i-Pod Music files. $20
Will neet Bt100 $159.95 for Bluetooth.
Install is not hard.
Yes there is a harness...

Call me when you are ready to order.
Note if you want iPod Video you'll need the KCA-IP300V.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:28 PM
quentinc25

Thanks

So how is the unit working for everyone?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:30 PM
ispeck

Installed mine in a 2003 WRX on Saturday (thx for the quick shipping Nazar!). The unit comes everything you need expect a wiring harness for your specific vehicle. Luckily I had one installed already from an earlier Alpine deck I did 3 years ago.

To put it bluntly it's awesome!
It does absolutely everything I could want it to do.
I don't have an Ipod, but I have a Sansa MP3 player. I plug it right into the USB dongle (hehe), and switch the deck to USB mode. Shows all the folders I can navigate through, allows me to play the music while DVD video or Nav is displayed, lets me shuffle the songs. I believe I can even make a playlist. Can control everything right from the deck!

Nav function is Garmin so you know it's solid. I let it take me on a 30 mile trip from work to home, easy as pie. The included GPS antennae mounts very easily to the dash or wherever you want. Comes with a metal, magnetic plat with a sticky bottom. It's very inconspicuous on the far right side of my dash.

DVD's look and sound great. Tuner is easy to program with presets. Sounds as good as my Alpine 9813 deck which I loved. Came with more than enough wiring to hook everything up. It looks totally stock...as if it came with the car.

I spent maybe 30 minutes reading the manual to get a basic understanding of the touch screen functionality in the different modes and now I can do anything I want on the thing in a few clicks.

Oh and the e-brake bypass that allows you to play DVDs while moving is a snap. Just splice the green parking brake wire to the black ground wire....done!

Love this unit and everyone who's been in my car in the last few days (I've been offering rides all over the place) has really been impressed.

I can put some photos up so long as no one will be offended by a Subaru
Old 04-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

^^ Very nice review.
--Spike
Old 04-09-2007, 07:04 PM
K2`

I have two problems.. and its prolly me being stupid..

I burn like 800 mp3s onto a dvd.. but when I put it into the unit.. it only displays 255 of them.. i've burned it twice.. and its the same thing... i'm using a DVD+RW

also.. how do I change the background... i have pictures on the dvd as well.. but I can't push the button to change it.. it is greyed out.

please help!

THANKS!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:11 PM
chriskabobbers

wow this looks like an awesome unit, i'm so tempted but my wallet is too light ..
Old 04-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by K2`

I burn like 800 mp3s onto a dvd.. but when I put it into the unit.. it only displays 255 of them.. i've burned it twice.. and its the same thing... i'm using a DVD+RW

also.. how do I change the background... i have pictures on the dvd as well.. but I can't push the button to change it.. it is greyed out.

please help!

THANKS!
Hmmm... looks as though this is an "application limitation" designated by the programmers that prevents a memory failure. "256" is common limit. To avoid the problem, you burn no more than 256 units to a disk. That is easy enough.

Can't help with the quesiton you ask about setting the background. Hopefully someone else here knows about this.
--Spike
Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 PM
K2`

Originally Posted by Spike100
Hmmm... looks as though this is an "application limitation" designated by the programmers that prevents a memory failure. "256" is common limit. To avoid the problem, you burn no more than 256 units to a disk. That is easy enough.

Can't help with the quesiton you ask about setting the background. Hopefully someone else here knows about this.
--Spike
haha.. thats stupid.. can't you just hack it somehow? lol.. why would they limit you anyways.. i don't see a point.. that just becomes a flaw with the unit itself then.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:34 PM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by K2`

please help!

THANKS!
You can only put images on as wallpaper via the USB.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by K2`
haha.. thats stupid.. can't you just hack it somehow? lol.. why would they limit you anyways.. i don't see a point.. that just becomes a flaw with the unit itself then.
It is not stupid. Isn't MEM(ory) always the "wall?" I don't understand why you say: "i don't see the point" since that is important and obvious. When we write software applications, the most important aspect is never going past available RAM or capability of the device so that the user experiences a failure. And, no... you cannot "can't you just hack it somehow" if you want reliability.
--Spike
Old 04-09-2007, 08:06 PM
K2`

Originally Posted by Spike100
It is not stupid. Isn't MEM(ory) always the "wall?" I don't understand why you say: "i don't see the point" since that is important and obvious. When we write software applications, the most important aspect is never going past available RAM or capability of the device so that the user experiences a failure. And, no... you cannot "can't you just hack it somehow" if you want reliability.
--Spike

well.. i'm just saying.. u have a dvd capacity of 4.37 gigs.. and it won't allow u to use it...

on that note.. i wonder if it has the same issue with usb drives...
Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 PM
THE TECH

255 songs per disc just not enough??? If you want more space, you should just get an Ipod.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:17 PM
K2`

Originally Posted by THE TECH
255 songs per disc just not enough??? If you want more space, you should just get an Ipod.
I have an ipod.. it doesn't work with it.. cuz its a 4th gen..

255 is enough.. but its just that I chose all the songs I want..and it fits onto the dvd... so i'm missing stuff that i want to hear.. PLUS i'm on the highways a lot.. so its good to have more songs
Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by K2`
well.. i'm just saying.. u have a dvd capacity of 4.37 gigs.. and it won't allow u to use it...

on that note.. i wonder if it has the same issue with usb drives...
I wonder if you are not understanding this. If you want to support unlimited data input, you simply use an appropriate device. Kenwood devices handle this.
--Spike
Old 04-09-2007, 08:28 PM
jruocco

are those 800 songs just in one folder? try making multiple folders holding less then 255 each and navigating through them (if this is possible i'm not sure)
Old 04-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by jruocco
are those 800 songs just in one folder? try making multiple folders holding less then 255 each and navigating through them (if this is possible i'm not sure)
Good point. Keeping the directory to 256 units or less is always the wise thing to do.
--Spike

Quick Reply: New Dnx7100 Kenwood All In One Special Forum Price