Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Valentine 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 08:26 PM
XtaZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: V1 install

Originally posted by MIKE3348
Here is a picture of the V1 mounted to the mirror. I make the mounts. PM me for details.
Hey Mike, will your mirror mount work on a roadster to hardwire the v1?
Old 08-22-2004, 11:21 PM
jreiter

Just so everyone is aware, the Logic and Advanced Logic modes *only* affect X-band. It's all covered in the manual and on the V1 site, but here's the deal:

Logic mode makes the detector do a visual but no audible alert for X-band signals it considers to be false alarms.

Advanced Logic mode makes the detector not do *any* form of alert (visual or audible) for X-band signal it considers false alarms.

I personally disabled X-band completely via the "secret" programming mode discussed on the V1 site. As far as I know X-band is no longer used by any police in California. It's all automatic doors and such. (And I don't particularly care to be warned about approaching grocery stores and gas stations.)
Old 08-23-2004, 03:16 AM
maximumsportZ

Originally posted by jreiter
Just so everyone is aware, the Logic and Advanced Logic modes *only* affect X-band. It's all covered in the manual and on the V1 site, but here's the deal:

Logic mode makes the detector do a visual but no audible alert for X-band signals it considers to be false alarms.

Advanced Logic mode makes the detector not do *any* form of alert (visual or audible) for X-band signal it considers false alarms.

I personally disabled X-band completely via the "secret" programming mode discussed on the V1 site. As far as I know X-band is no longer used by any police in California. It's all automatic doors and such. (And I don't particularly care to be warned about approaching grocery stores and gas stations.)
so you took off X band and use All bogeys?
Old 08-23-2004, 02:14 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by maximumsportZ
so you took off X band and use All bogeys?
Once you disable X-band the logic modes have no effect, so you could set it to any mode you wish.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:52 PM
maximumsportZ

Originally posted by jreiter
Once you disable X-band the logic modes have no effect, so you could set it to any mode you wish.
great, can you explain to me how do I disable it?? I went on v1 site but i was kind of confused... maybe you can clear it up for me..
Old 08-24-2004, 01:46 AM
jreiter

Originally posted by maximumsportZ
great, can you explain to me how do I disable it?? I went on v1 site but i was kind of confused... maybe you can clear it up for me..

Yeah, seems like no one can ever find the programming page on the V1 site. Not sure why. Here it is:

http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

It's under:
Ask Mike -> Tech Reports -> report #3

Has a whole bunch of stuff you can do to the unit. It even includes the way to enable Ku band if you are going to use your detector in Europe!
Old 08-25-2004, 09:41 AM
JFAIR

this maybe a really stupid question but can anyone give me a picture or a discription of what fuse to connect to when hard wiring the v1. thanks.

silver touring 2003
sp 6
Old 08-25-2004, 04:13 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by JFAIR
this maybe a really stupid question but can anyone give me a picture or a discription of what fuse to connect to when hard wiring the v1. thanks.

I actually just spliced it into the cigarette lighter's power wire. I mounted the V1 in the popular spot on the ceiling in the rear of the car, then ran its wire down inside the trim panels over to where the cigarette lighter is between the two seats. The lighter already has its own fuse up front, of course, and the V1 has a little fuse built into its hardware thingie. Plenty of fuses.

This is handy because the lighter goes on and off with the car, so you never have to touch the main V1 unit to power it on and off.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:39 AM
JFAIR

sounds good but i was wanting to mount mine on the front windshield and run the wires into the fuse box that i believe is on the driver side down by the floor board. any ideas?

silver touring 2003
6sp
Old 08-26-2004, 03:57 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by JFAIR
sounds good but i was wanting to mount mine on the front windshield and run the wires into the fuse box that i believe is on the driver side down by the floor board. any ideas?

For windshield installs, many people just tap into the power line that goes into the auto-dimming mirror.