Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Farenheit Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:26 AM
Goku350z2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the link to the pictures

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee144/goku350z2007/

Spike question for you off topic, i'm getting a Viper 5901 installed in my z the guy wants says it'd be better if they install loud horns in the car to scare away the thieves, do you think the loud horn is going to be make the car cheese?

Carlos
Old 02-25-2009, 04:35 AM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goku350z2007
don't buy the monitor from ebay, i bought mine from ebay and i think i have to get another it never turned on.
did you use the remote? some ebay scams dont sell you the remote. you need to get ones that say it comes with remote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Goku350z2007

Originally Posted by MUZZY
did you use the remote? some ebay scams dont sell you the remote. you need to get ones that say it comes with remote
It was a wiring problem I did, but it's fixed now.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Goku350z2007
Here is the link to the pictures

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee144/goku350z2007/

Spike question for you off topic, i'm getting a Viper 5901 installed in my z the guy wants says it'd be better if they install loud horns in the car to scare away the thieves, do you think the loud horn is going to be make the car cheese?

Carlos
Carlos, I’ve never been a fan of really loud horns, but I see the point when connecting to a burglar/car alarm. I suppose the problem is having this very loud horn when you only want to “bump” another driver sitting at a changed light or some other warning in traffic (not burglar alarm situations).

The pics are great. Super job on the dash (the fit and finish is the best I’ve seen).

I don’t think this thread will get moved to the “Audio Builds” section since it starts with a question about buying a Farenheit monitor that eventually moved to your solution (which is slightly off-topic but very relevant).

I think you should start a thread in the “Audio Builds” section showing your pics and describing your solution.
  • One question I received in PM’s multiple times was: “Can you shoot the navigation video from a Kenwood DNX-8120 to a remote monitor?” Obviously you answer this question.
  • You also mount a monitor in the upper/forward cubby on a newer Z, and that is a question asked here many times by our members.
If you create a “catchy” title, your thread here will get a few thousand reads, and I have somewhere to direct the PM’s I get constantly about this question (shooting navigation to a remote monitor).

--Spike
Old 02-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Goku350z2007

Originally Posted by Spike100
Carlos, I’ve never been a fan of really loud horns, but I see the point when connecting to a burglar/car alarm. I suppose the problem is having this very loud horn when you only want to “bump” another driver sitting at a changed light or some other warning in traffic (not burglar alarm situations).

The pics are great. Super job on the dash (the fit and finish is the best I’ve seen).

I don’t think this thread will get moved to the “Audio Builds” section since it starts with a question about buying a Farenheit monitor that eventually moved to your solution (which is slightly off-topic but very relevant).

I think you should start a thread in the “Audio Builds” section showing your pics and describing your solution.
  • One question I received in PM’s multiple times was: “Can you shoot the navigation video from a Kenwood DNX-8120 to a remote monitor?” Obviously you answer this question.
  • You also mount a monitor in the upper/forward cubby on a newer Z, and that is a question asked here many times by our members.
If you create a “catchy” title, your thread here will get a few thousand reads, and I have somewhere to direct the PM’s I get constantly about this question (shooting navigation to a remote monitor).

--Spike
Spike

Thanks for all your compliments and yes i thrink i should create a thread about my DNX-8120 + upper cubby install, i will start on this as soon as i'm done installing the subs and amp all put together in hopes to get all these questions (Can you shoot the navigation video from a Kenwood DNX-8120 to a remote monitor?) off your back, LOL.

Carlos