Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose Issue is Resolved!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Wedge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad my information helped you shb4........too bad the sound isn't richer, but there has been some improvement since the amp switch........at least the system is somewhat "listenable" now........

lungta - go to page one of this thread, scroll down to my post entitled "New Information". The details of the difference between 086 and 087 is spelled out in detail
Old 10-10-2003, 04:24 AM
BillR

Originally posted by PropaGanda
Whats the word on this fix for the G35C with the Bose? Is it the same system? Would we need to ask for the same amp number?
The G35 has a different system. It actually sounds ok. Compared to the 350Z Bose, the G35 is awesome. The only change I made was: I swapped out the Bose tweeters for some Boston Acoustics. That made the system sound really ok.
BTW: I own an audio store, so I am likely more picky than the avg owner.

Also: Bose is about marketing, they could care less about sound "quality". Have you EVER heard ANYTHING Bose that really sounded good? I haven't!!
Old 10-10-2003, 05:32 AM
lascala26

So has anybody noticed a difference between the 2004 Bose and the upgraded and updated 2003 Bose system?
Old 10-10-2003, 05:37 AM
FLY BY Z

Yes the 04 sounds way better.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:06 AM
Scotty

I had the fix done yesterday but I am still disappointed with the whole system.
The fix did make the bass better and I believe the radio sounds a bit better.
My disappointment is with the mid-range and the separation between the left speakers and right speakers. To me, the sound is almost MONO.
I have two other cars with premium sound systems, one is a 1996 Dodge Caravan which uses a stock Infiniti system and a 1992 Dodge Stealth RT which uses a stock unknown system. I tested both of these cars and they are much superior to the Bose. All you have to do to compare is to play a Beatle CD and it sounds like music is coming to you from several angles and the separation is superb. These systems have great mid-range and the sound is not distorted when you turn the volume up high. The Bose is louder now but that is about it. All the Bose fix does is turn up the volume but the sound is nearly the same as before. Its obvious that Bose does not want to correct this sound system, which I guess would be a new head unit.
Shame on Bose, they must be deaf.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:23 AM
N74DV

I hope some schmuck at Bose is reading all this.....

**** YOU BOSE! you ****ing a$$holes..... if your mothers knew you were robbing people of their hard earned money they'd be ashamed.

Bose equipent sucks a$$. I feel sorry for the peckers that buy that Bose Soundwave radio that we all see on TV all the time.... Don't they charge like $500 for that piece of $hit?!
Old 10-10-2003, 08:00 AM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Are We Unhappy with Bose?

Hey are y'all listening over there at BOSEland? N74DV is one real angry #&!$!%!! ......... And............. the negative hits will just keep 'a comin' unless you poor excuses for audio engineers [dimbulbs] do not clean up your act real soon. Oh Yeah, REAL SOON!!!

All Brought to you by BOSE!
B.O.S.E. = Bogus Overated Sound Engineering
Old 10-10-2003, 08:08 AM
BillR

Why rant???

They REALLY don't care.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:28 AM
frankmusic

Default Why........?

Why NOT rant? These types of forums really help to educate a segment of the buying population. (like potential "Z" buyers who will hear the word 'Bose') As the word infiltrates everywhere - Bose will indeed be affected. When companies continue to be bombarded with negative publicity, via trade publications (and they have), the internet, and word of mouth - a growing number of people will eventually avoid products with a Bose label on it. Wholesalers may even consider buying less of their junk, based on the bad press. Who wants crap that won't move from their shelves? Regardless of what the particulars the niche population is being made aware of - they will begin to stay away.
Hitting a Big company in the pocketbook always gets their attention.

(A) - Hmmmmmm, I heard people are unhappy with Bose products.

(B) - Really? What's wrong with their stuff?

(A) - All I know is that they have a bad name.

(B) - Okay, Thanks for the info.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:36 AM
CopperZ

I know the people at Nissan and BOSE don’t care, But as far as I am concerned I am not buying Nissan/Infiniti/BOSE products any more. I was even looking for a BOSE surround system for my living room, which cost about $1500… HAH! Well I’m going with Polk audio now. As far as for Nissian/Infiniti, When I had my Infiniti it was nothing but trouble. Now I got the Z and same old story. That car has been in for service 3-4 times now. WTF??? My mom’s 1996 Toyota corolla NEVER went in for service, only oil changes. Oh and if you guys at Nissan are reading this: all my friends keep on asking me “ can I drive the car, I want to get on next summer” I say yea you can drive it but don’t buy it, 4 of them that test drove it and they are impressed with the ride. But 4 are getting other cars after I told them how unhappy I was and all the crap I have to go through with Nissan.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:56 AM
frankmusic

Unhappy It's too bad about your difficulties

Sorry to hear about your terrible nightmares with Nissan/Infinti and Bose. Your voice dissent should continue to be heard loud and clear. It can only be helpful and to others as well. People who are considering making a purchase for said items - may reconsider before they do so.

I hope there is a dealer in your area that will be able to assist you with your ongoing auto problems. Service by most dealerships in general, just plain SUCKS! (and that's in the foreign or domestic camp)

As for the Bose corporation - maybe they should consider manufacturing burgular alarms for goldfish bowls.

Uhhhhhhhhh. Do ya think they'd get that right?
Old 10-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Scotty

When I got the Bose fix yesterday, which I was terribly disappointed, there were three other Z's in the same line when I pulled into service area, I asked the other three owners about quality problems, I was amazed at their answers.
All three owners had already replaced their transmissions. Oh I have a automatic. Two the three owners had their front tires replaced before 8k miles. For the record, I had my front tires replaced at 648 miles. Yes, 648 miles.
Thread wear was 3/4 gone. Yikes. This was in early October 2002.
All three owners said they hated the radio, including one of them which was manufactured in April 2003. There was NO fix for that owner. I talked with the service manager and he said he is making a bundle on Z warranty problems. He said he gets the same labor rate as the other regular customers, but it has a stated time rate window. He said he had replaced 17 manual transmissions on the Z. Some of them twice. I love my Z except for the stereo. Tire wear is normal now, nothing was done except replacements.
First year cars should not have these many problems. Nissan had nearly2 years of testing before they released the Z. If nothing else happens I will keep the car but I can see I will have to find a solution myself on the Bose issue.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:27 AM
frankmusic

Unhappy Must be Growing Pains

During the first model year of a car that integrates new design in their engineering there is bound to be a certain amount of bugs (if you will). With the amount of bugs that have surfaced during the first year of the "350Z" - well you'd wonder what the hell has Nissan actually learned after being a car manufacturer for all these years. On the other hand, Nissan was recently on the brink of bankruptcy - only to be saved by new product line like the 350Z. It's time for Nissan to reevaluate their responses to this new unprecedented customer loyalty. C'mon Nissan, do the right thing. After all ..............
We plopped down our cash, you certainly made your dough, so let's keep a (perceived) good thing going and MAKE IT EVEN BETTER! Okay?!

As far as the Bose issue goes - that company has got to be held accountable by exposing their ongoing 'smoke and mirrors' marketing that they engage in. Their products are all....... HELLO?!......... JUNK!!! Nissan should drop their contracts with them as soon as possible. They need to place an infinitesimal amount of distance between their name and BOSE. (Bogus Overrated Sound Engineering)

Old 10-10-2003, 09:57 AM
CopperZ

I think you will find this kind of funny. I was Just in my garage, vacuuming the Z and this guy that I don’t know stops and parks his car, walks up my driveway and says NICE Car! Wow! I like it! and asked me to tell him a few things about it. So I told him about the models, HP, blah, blah, and then I stated talking about Bose, and the transmissions that people are having problems with and the rest of my problems with the car… You should have seen his face, He did not know all these problems existed. He was looking to buy the Z or triad in his 98 M3 for a 2001 M3. I asked him if he ever had any problems with the M3, Not 1, he replied. He’s going with the 01 M3 now…. But he did say he would look back in the Z in 3-4 years when hopefully all these problems are fixed. I am now personally responsible for taking out 5 potential customers from Nissan. FIX OUR S%#T, NISSAN OR THIS WILL NOT STOP!!!! LOL
Old 10-10-2003, 10:04 AM
N74DV

that sounds like a "kill" story to me..... nice kill!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:18 AM
swoobyz

Originally posted by lungta
Does anybody know what is the difference between the NTB03-86 and the NTB03-87 ???
Read the thread dude!

Pv
Old 10-10-2003, 10:22 AM
swoobyz

Originally posted by CopperZ
We have to advertise the Bose petition on other 350’s forums on the web… I am sorry to say but we only have 187 people. There were 6100 touring cars made, we are a minority. For Nissan to actually something better then a rewired amp, we need way more then 200 people. Please help me spread the word.
If y'all could help me out with this that would ROCK!
I tried this in the past and got a few responses, but I was hoping that since I took the time to create the petition, some other people could take the time to spread the word about the petition.

On a related note, informing other sites about the petition is going to take several days.
If y'all are really going to help me spread the word, then I will consider delaying mailing off the petition until 11/2/2003.
Please use the following thread to vote on whether I should delay mailing off the petition [again] or not:
https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video/45695-when-should-the-nissan-bose-petition-be-mailed-off.html

Pv

Last edited by swoobyz; 10-10-2003 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:27 PM
frankmusic

Thumbs up Give it some more time!

swoobyz,
You've done an EXCELLENT job representing yourself and the many other unhappy "Z" Touring owners who are currently enduring their inferior audio system. So, what's the rush on serving the culprits with that petition? Let it grow in size some more. While it has been mentioned earlier that there are approximately 6,000 other Z guys that could easily scribe their names on that petition, how does one know if they even know about these threads? Keep spreading the ugly word and the responses will surely come.

Before I picked up my car on August 5th, I had asked my Nissan salesman if the Bose problem had been solved. I told that I had read some awful reports on the many 350Z forums. He explained to me that he was indeed 'hip' to the glaring faux pas by Bose. But he added, "Not to worry Frank, the problem has been duly recognized and hence, has been resolved.

Wow, I thought! Unbelievable! A big company actually did the right thing for once. I must have really lucked out this time. I don't have to bring my "Z" back like all of those other dudes are doing now.

B-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-!!! WRONG!!!!!!!

On my initial drive home, I popped in one CD from my wife's car. UGH! The tone quality sounded so terribly inadequate. I thought, "This can't be. He said the Bose problem was fixed. Maybe I've got to play with the settings some more while I'm, in my driveway.

Nothing helped. I had asked him on the phone the following day,
"Is this really the Bose fix?"

Well, we know the answer to that one now. That's why we're here again and that's why we really need many MORE signatures.

Keep it going for some time longer. I really doubt that there are individuals who are not signing it because they love the Bose system in the Touring "Z"!

...and if there are, besides the petition, we'll take up a collection to have you sent to the school for tonally challenged. There should be plenty of room for you newcomers - after all - no engineer from Bose has enlisted their services yet. .....and that's overwhelmingly evident in all of their many audio products.

Old 10-10-2003, 12:28 PM
bz8

Originally posted by swoobyz
If y'all could help me out with this that would ROCK!
I tried this in the past and got a few responses, but I was hoping that since I took the time to create the petition, some other people could take the time to spread the word about the petition.

On a related note, informing other sites about the petition is going to take several days.
If y'all are really going to help me spread the word, then I will consider delaying mailing off the petition until 11/2/2003.
Please use the following thread to vote on whether I should delay mailing off the petition [again] or not:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=45695

Pv
Try asking the admin to but this thread in the General Forum so everyone could see.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:10 PM
acjet

forth times a charm- the z has been in the shop for a week and a half waiting on a new hu and other stuff. the day after i brought it in, tsb-087 came out. so i stopped by and asked them to order me a new amp as per 087. a couple days later i stopped by again since i hadn't heard anything from them to see what was up. they said the hu wasn't in and that they couldn't order the new amp because the tsb didn't cover my car. he showed me the tsb and of course it was 086. i told them to pull up 087, again, and order a new amp. today i show up to see how things are going and of course they can't order me a new amp. he said that there was a campaign recall for the bose and my car didn't fall under it. so i said i would take care of this with nna. then he decides to check one more time. and of course 087 pops up and my car falls smack dab in the middle. make sure you stay on them.

Quick Reply: Bose Issue is Resolved!