Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose Issue is Resolved!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 04:53 PM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sounds very interesting.

A Basslink Sub, you say?

Hmmmmmmmmm. Now that's a good piece of information that I will surely research and ponder .......and then probably purchase.

I'm NOT at all interested in achieving an obnoxious (juvenile) sound that annoys the livin' s**t out of everyone in my neighborhood - nor be adversarial to other drivers when I'm stopped at a light. YIKES! (I still enjoy my acute hearing) I'd like it to sound as close as I can get to my living room. Yeah, that's right. I've heard systems that sound that good (....and you don't have to refinance your house to accomplish it).

Thanks for the info again!
Old 10-12-2003, 08:20 AM
Z-Desperado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I due to have the amp changed this week. I have already installed a new sub and a 250-watt amp feeding it but it’s the flocculating of sound that drives me nuts. That is all I am interested in getting fixed and the dealer is going ahead with the change even though I have trashed the Bose sub-woofer. Curious to see what happens on the rest of the sound because the other Bose speakers and Clarion head unit will go along with this new amp if it doesn’t help.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Wedge

Z-Desperado.....This fix should help the sound fluctuation. What kind of sub did you put in? Did you put it in the stock sub location?
Old 10-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Z-Desperado

I bought the JL Audio 10W3-D4V2 sub and a JL 250watt Monoblock Sub Amp.Var Xo amp. The sub is under the passenger seat feeding just the sub woofer. The dealer didn’t care to put the Bose amp in to care of the flocculating sound problem as describe in the bulletin.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:30 PM
frankmusic

Lightbulb Life with (and after) Bose

Not all of the current "Z" owners and outstanding members of the car forums are equally savvy in the arena of Car Stereo Installation.
What may be helpful to those of us who are seriously considering the "Z" stereo modification process in the near future - would be to view a few basic "Z" wiring diagrams. These diagrams could illustrate all of the existing component locations and their respective replacement suggestions. Other alternate stereo configurations could also be recommended, coupled with a short list of the available car audio hardware. I've seen some very good pics that demonstrate Sub, removal & replacement - Door Speakers, removal & replacement that are scattered through related threads. Those images are extremely invaluable when one is attempting to remove 'new' car panels without leaving a heart breaking trail of destruction in the process. Creating sort of a "do's and don'ts" list pertinent to a particular configuration (ex: keeping HU + replacing speakers & amp) from the more experienced members would surely be welcomed.
At the end of the day, there will be some who still feel more comfortable with the idea of bringing their "Z" to an installer of his/her choice. However, after perusing actual "Z" owner audio information, they would truly be that much wiser in their selection of audio gear. Whether you're planning an audio installation by a Pro or utilizing the DIY process, having the knowledge of what you'll need to finally hear good sound (while also staying within one's budget) is something a large handful of "Z" owners apparently are wishing for. Every "Z" should sound GREAT!

Let YOUR Music Play In The "Z" - - - Like it Should!!

Woooo Hooooo!!

Old 10-12-2003, 01:45 PM
Z-Desperado

Default Bose and the fix or change

I will have to say my system does sound a lot better than the stock system. When they do the fix then that should take care of the fluctuating sound which the only problem now. I did have Audio Crafters do my work and they sat down with me to figure what we were trying to accomplish afterwards. Thus I finally have a clear base sound
Old 10-12-2003, 07:01 PM
z430hp

My car was built 12/02. It has plenty of base and I have not replaced anything yet. I keep reading from different posts that Some are complaining of lack of base. My major issue is the system sounding muffled. The FM radio sounds terrible. Like stated many times on this forum, "Like an AM clock radio" Some CD's sound decent but not great. My question is:
Will replacing my amp with this new TSB 087 take the base I have away? Or will the base stay and my system sound clearer? If this has already been covered in this forum, Sorry. Otherwise, Thanks for your input.
Thank,
Tom
Old 10-12-2003, 07:57 PM
koolzero

So if had the first amp replaced then I need to have my service manager look at TSB NTB 03-087? My car was built 9/12.

Edit i just now read the part where it says the fix is the same for both TSBs

Last edited by koolzero; 10-12-2003 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:43 PM
Wedge

z430hp....this fix should let you keep your bass but the audio should sound clearer
Old 10-13-2003, 01:33 PM
suehproM

Last edited by suehproM; 10-14-2003 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:23 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I signed the petition...even though I already gutted the Bose system... it would be nice to see a few bucks come my way for the work that I did and equipment I used to repalce that so-called "Premium" Bose stereo I paid for...
Old 10-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Z-Desperado

Default Same here

Originally posted by onecoolee
I signed the petition...even though I already gutted the Bose system... it would be nice to see a few bucks come my way for the work that I did and equipment I used to repalce that so-called "Premium" Bose stereo I paid for...
I also signed the petition and would prefer the money instead of the fix. I already did change the sub woofer and an amp feeding it. I am getting the Bose amp replaced tomorrow just to get rid of the flocculation and probably will end up changing the whole system anyway.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Scotty

Default 2004 Z's

Yes I am still unhappy about the New Bose fix...But I went to the epinions.com
and was reading the post about the 2004 Z. All the posts there rave about the Bose system there. One person on this thread listened to the 2004 Z model and it sounded to him like the 2003 Z touring model The questions here is did Bose change the head unit on the 2004's
or did Bose do something to make Bose sound better?
Can anybody check and find out the real truth? I does seem that Bose is not going to any more fixes....We are stuck.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:43 AM
FRIT-Z

Default 05/03

My touring built 05/03, should be covered. I'll call dealer prior to first service...

Thanks
Frit-z
Old 10-15-2003, 11:03 AM
qirex

cmon...guys the fact that bose even did *anything* is amazing.

I guess sonic igorance is bliss!
Old 10-15-2003, 03:33 PM
Stinger1

Haven't received my letter yet and I talked with Patty at Bose three times about this problem. Is anyone else still waiting?????
Old 10-15-2003, 04:26 PM
frankmusic

Default Don't let them off the hook!

I wouldn't hold my breath about receiving any correspondence.
You might as well just call your dealer and tell them you would like to make an appointment regarding the Bose amp swap. If they give you the typical run around - tell them the TSB# is NTB 03-87 and it involves an amp replacement. Your friendly serviceman may have to order the part for you. (or that's what he may tell you) Have them put your name on their Bose Swap list for your eventual replacement. After that, periodically continue to check up on the dealer about this issue. Stay on top of them until they finally give in and swap the old amp for the new one.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:27 PM
BlueDragonZ

Angry

You know, I have been following these types of thread regarding the BOSE issue and I WAS the one that wasn't complaining. Well, guess what!!! I'm pissed. My CD player have been skipping CD's from time to time and it's starting to aggrevate me. The sound has gone DOWNHILL since I first got it. The clarity on the radio is a joke. My alarm clock radio sounds even better. I guess here's another one I have to add to the list of THINGS TO BE REPLACED. BOSE.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:32 PM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by Stinger1
Haven't received my letter yet and I talked with Patty at Bose three times about this problem. Is anyone else still waiting?????
My normal NNA is Michelle B., but she has been in training or ????. Haven't had phone calls or numerous faxes responded to.

I was lucky, got to talk to Loni! She pointed out, not Loni Anderson. Probably would not have gotten the help or answers to my questions from Anderson. She checked on OEM tires on backorder, but most importantly advised me that I would get a letter, however they were waiting until my dealer had Amps on the shelf. Estimated time for my area, 2 weeks.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:32 PM
AmyCroft

Default Letter?

Originally posted by Stinger1
I have not recieved the letter of notification yet? vin 12104 CS Touring..

Quick Reply: Bose Issue is Resolved!