Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Can I add steering wheel controls to my 2006 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Marcodiaz93

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Can I add steering wheel controls to my 2006 350z?

I have a base 2006 350z with no steering wheel controls for the stereo. Can I add it to my z? Is it prewires for the switches so I can just buy the switches?
The following users liked this post:
Maz35 (06-05-2022)
Old 01-07-2013, 02:31 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

??Do you currently NOT have SW controls on your car?Is it a base?
Is that what you are saying?If so,you want to add controls on your steering wheel
to control your stereo,right?If you DID have controls,it would seem there would be
a way to disconnect say your cruise control and convert to controling your sound
system.If no controls and you want to install some,IMO seems like a like of time and expense (if you could figure out how to do it)to be able to control your volume etc
at the wheel.If this feature was important to you,should have bought a car other than a
Z.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:32 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

Originally Posted by JCITY
Is that what you are saying?If so,you want to add controls on your steering wheel
to control your stereo,right?If you DID have controls,it would seem there would be
a way to disconnect say your cruise control and convert to controling your sound
system.If no controls and you want to install some,IMO seems like a like of time and expense (if you could figure out how to do it)to be able to control your volume etc
at the wheel.If this feature was important to you,should have bought a car other than a
Z.
The answer to op question is yes.

How did he offend you?

I bought a base because I did not want traction control, or leather or heated seats.

I added CC, audio controls, homelink mirror etc just like I added a quaife and coil overs.
The following 2 users liked this post by e30cabrio:
energydrop (12-08-2023), Maz35 (06-05-2022)
Old 01-07-2013, 04:12 AM
Aust350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. I added them to my 03.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Marcodiaz93

Angry

Z.
If you lived close to me I swear to god I would drive to u **** your car up and teach u some ****ing manners you piece of ****.
The following 2 users liked this post by Marcodiaz93:
energydrop (12-08-2023), Maz35 (06-05-2022)
Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Marcodiaz93

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
The answer to op question is yes.

How did he offend you?

I bought a base because I did not want traction control, or leather or heated seats.

I added CC, audio controls, homelink mirror etc just like I added a quaife and coil overs.
Thanks bro. Idk why people even bother posting of its just to talk ****. Anyway, how easy is it to add just steering wheel controls and maybe even cruise control later on. What are the steps?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 AM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcodiaz93
If you lived close to me I swear to god I would drive to u **** your car up and teach u some ****ing manners you piece of ****.
woahhhh there partner.... calm down, don't get your feathers all ruffled up. His reaction to your first post was because you could of easily searched the forums or googled and found the answer to your question much faster without the need to start a new thread...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 AM
TuckerE36

Thanks bro. Idk why people even bother posting of its just to talk ****. Anyway, how easy is it to add just steering wheel controls and maybe even cruise control later on. What are the steps?
CC steps:

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...market-bs.html

adding controls to steering wheel:

https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...t-install.html
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Marcodiaz93

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
woahhhh there partner.... calm down, don't get your feathers all ruffled up. His reaction to your first post was because you could of easily searched the forums or googled and found the answer to your question much faster without the need to start a new thread...
Woah partner. I'm sorry I didn't know opening up a new thread hurt people on the forums so bad. Ill make sure not to do it again I don't want to hurt anyone by doing it lol. Btw I searched for about 2 hours all over the Internet and found nothing. People on here really need to mind their own business unless its directly affecting you. I can post as many threads as I want whenever I want. If you don't want to see them then u can easily not click ok them but since someone always has the nerves to click on them and post some ********, then it's ok them and should get a ****ing life
The following 2 users liked this post by Marcodiaz93:
energydrop (12-08-2023), Maz35 (04-15-2022)
Old 01-07-2013, 09:33 AM
TuckerE36

Woah partner. I'm sorry I didn't know opening up a new thread hurt people on the forums so bad. Ill make sure not to do it again I don't want to hurt anyone by doing it lol. Btw I searched for about 2 hours all over the Internet and found nothing. People on here really need to mind their own business unless its directly affecting you. I can post as many threads as I want whenever I want. If you don't want to see them then u can easily not click ok them but since someone always has the nerves to click on them and post some ********, then it's ok them and should get a ****ing life
Hey don't get mad at me...I just helped you out by providing links for the DIY. If you don't want to get flamed just do a quick google search before posting, that simple. No hard feelings...BTW I'm actually installing the steering wheel controls today that I bought from Courtesy Nissan!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool ??did I miss something?

I answered your question--I think?
Chill out,bro!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
myork

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That's just JCITY and his garbled, nonsensical way of posting. Dont worry, you'll find out soon enough that 75% of what he posts is garbage.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mad bro?
Old 04-15-2022, 09:54 AM
Maz35

Z.
why is it when someone asks is it possible to Retro fit something,the answer always ends with you should have got a car with it fitted... Why be sarcastic the guy needs help
Old 04-15-2022, 11:25 AM
Dr Hoon

Received 282 Likes on 222 Posts

No. The guy needed help... 9 years ago
The following users liked this post:
MicVelo (04-15-2022)
Old 06-05-2022, 10:17 AM
Maz35

Originally Posted by Dr Hoon
No. The guy needed help... 9 years ago
and your point being, I'm just saying , this is why some wont ask there fellow Z Enthusiasts ,for fear of being shot down...