Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

2004 350z Bose Speaker Amp replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 09:42 PM
draven91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 350z Bose Speaker Amp replacement

I am new to car audio, and am looking to replace the bose amplifier, found to the left of the spare tire, with an aftermarket 4 channel amp. I am mainly wondering if it is possible to reuse the factory wiring from this amp or will I have to rewire the entire system. Currently the only change I have made to the bose system is replacing the head unit with a Boss Elite BE10ACP touch screen head unit using the PAC ROEM-NIS2 Wiring Harness. Im not quite sure where to go from here any insight would be appreciated.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:16 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,102 Likes on 782 Posts

If you are planning on using the 4 channel amp to power the front and rear speakers, then you can ditch the PAC unit and essentially have 2 options. If you leave the PAC unit in place, you cannot use the existing wiring leading to the Bose amp since the PAC unit has altered the output signal to the usable ohm setting that Bose products utilize. You can use the existing speaker wires leading to your speakers from the new amplifier. You basically have 2 options:

1. Run RCA cables from the pre-outs on your head unit to the new amplifier for the input signal. Then, from the amp, run the output speaker wires back to the head unit location where the existing speaker wires for the front and rear channels are located that you currently have wired to the PAC unit output side.

2. If your new amp has line level inputs, then you can splice the output speaker signal wires from your head unit to the correct wires that lead to your Bose amp, connect the line level inputs to your amp, and then run the amp output wires back to your head unit and connect them to the corresponding OEM speaker wires.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:23 AM
DarkZ03

Received 493 Likes on 413 Posts

You can replace the Bose amp with a mini amp, any and all wiring is there and if the mini amp has a sensing feature you don't even need a remote wire.
The catches: it won't be much power, won't work with Bose speakers and I don't know if I got this right (been a while) the amp sends signal to the sub amp and can't be retained?
You would be looking at around 45-50w RMS × 4, that's what I'm running with a separate powered sub and I'm quite happy with it.

Last edited by DarkZ03; 07-23-2021 at 12:24 AM.