Notices

DIY: 06+ Base with Cruise Control using Uprev + OEM Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

You're preaching to the choir but he said he wants no upgrade.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If it wouldn't be too inconvenient could one of you guys post a picture of how you have the wires for the controls hooked into that terminal? I'm still a little confused on how they should go, but I am super relieved to know I can do it. I'm about to order the parts.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:33 PM
The_Laughing_Man

DIY: 06+ Base with Cruise Control using Uprev + OEM Parts-tsuxl.jpg

I see from the picture on courtesy parts that it comes with that terminal thing too. Do I take the wires out of that and just put them in the one on my car? Or use the one that comes with the controls? Sorry, I'm confused on this. As I previously posted, if some one could snap a picture of theirs it would help me a lot.

EDIT: Sorry guys, I think I finally see what you're saying. I'm supposed to take out that whole gray terminal thing with the red wire in it, then replace that with the gray harness that comes with the controls. Am I right? Sorry for my confusion. Haha Just want to make sure I do this right.

Last edited by The_Laughing_Man; 04-28-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:42 PM
masphx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ian99rt
The ECU must be flashed with the software from a higher end ECU. The way to do this is via an UpRev reflash. This can be done by: a local tuner with the Uprev package, sending your ECU to Uprev for reflash, or having an Uprev usb tuner cable with Osirus Standard or Tuner license. Either way an Uprev tune is needed so your looking at a performance upgrade.
Well that sucks. So I would have to shell out $300+ just on software and then buy parts on top of that for cruise? There is no 'higher end ECU' floating around? All I want is the CC option, don't need or want more power. This mod will have to wait if so. Don't have crazy amounts to throw at a CC system right now.

BTW, I sapped your SG

Last edited by masphx; 04-28-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:49 PM
ian99rt

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Laughing_Man

I see from the picture on courtesy parts that it comes with that terminal thing too. Do I take the wires out of that and just put them in the one on my car? Or use the one that comes with the controls? Sorry, I'm confused on this. As I previously posted, if some one could snap a picture of theirs it would help me a lot.

EDIT: Sorry guys, I think I finally see what you're saying. I'm supposed to take out that whole gray terminal thing with the red wire in it, then replace that with the gray harness that comes with the controls. Am I right? Sorry for my confusion. Haha Just want to make sure I do this right.
You got it
Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 PM
ian99rt

Originally Posted by masphx
Well that sucks. So I would have to shell out $300+ just on software and then buy parts on top of that for cruise? There is no 'higher end ECU' floating around? All I want is the CC option, don't need or want more power. This mod will have to wait if so. Don't have crazy amounts to throw at a CC system right now.

BTW, I sapped your SG
Yeah its a great cheap mod for those already with an Uprev setup. For those without its an extra perk to motivate them
Old 04-29-2012, 05:24 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Great! I'm going to order the parts tomorrow and get this under way! I'll report back.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:20 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Parts are ordered! After that I just have to install them and make the trip to Uprev!

By the way I'm jealous at how cheap the dealer got your parts. From my local dealer the total was over $180, hence why ordered instead of picking up.

Last edited by The_Laughing_Man; 04-30-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:04 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Parts wont ship until mid next week. Steering controls are on back order. :/
Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 PM
fla350tt

Originally Posted by masphx
So this is the sequence I need to do for my 2008 350z Base?...

Buy these two parts and install around pedal area...

-25300-at300
-25300-62JOE

Buy this part and install in steering wheel (need to take out airbag for install, then put back in)

-25550-CF40A

After those three parts need to configure the car computer. This is the part I don't quite understand. How do I get the software (I don't want to change anything about the performance about the car) and how do I install it in the car?

After these steps I should have cruise control on my base 2008 350z w/o lights in dash?

Please let me know if I got this right and thanks for the amazing find guys. One thing I really want on my base is the CC followed by a LSD but that is way off in the future.
This is off topic but will give you my 2 pennies worth about a LSD. go with the stock VLSD out of a higher model Z, they work great. I had a cusco 1.5way in my car and it sucked, it always locks and ulocks in parking lots or just turning. It will being going up for sale soon.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
ian99rt

Originally Posted by fla350tt
This is off topic but will give you my 2 pennies worth about a LSD. go with the stock VLSD out of a higher model Z, they work great. I had a cusco 1.5way in my car and it sucked, it always locks and ulocks in parking lots or just turning. It will being going up for sale soon.
That's why you go with a quaife

Plus you can't burn it up like a vlsd
Old 05-04-2012, 01:27 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ian99rt
That's why you go with a quaife

Plus you can't burn it up like a vlsd
QFT,

Go quaife or go home.

I am so sick of having an oem geared open in my car. I will be getting mine back in this weekend!

Name:  2dde83e7.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  128.0 KB

Can't wait!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Hey guys, parts get here Friday and are going to be installed this weekend. Just one thing I wanted to check on is taking off the steering wheel. Is there anything in particular I should know? Or is it just turn it right until it locks, take it off and put it back on again? Is it guaranteed to line back up? Any help on that would be appreciated. Really the only thing I'm sheepish about at the moment.

Last edited by The_Laughing_Man; 05-10-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:19 AM
fla350tt

Hey guys, parts get here Friday and are going to be installed this weekend. Just one thing I wanted to check on is taking off the steering wheel. Is there anything in particular I should know? Or is it just turn it right until it locks, take it off and put it back on again? Is is guaranteed to line back up? Any help on that would be appreciated. Really the only thing I'm sheepish about at the moment.
here is a link to a DYI thread about removing streering wheel. You will need a TT30 torx bit tamper proof

https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...t-install.html
Old 05-10-2012, 03:46 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

The steering wheel does not have to come off to do this.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:05 AM
fla350tt

Ya you just have to take the air bag off
Old 05-10-2012, 06:51 AM
joeysr20det

If you do wanna take the wheel off though just remove the large nut on the steering shaft. Then before pulling the wheel, take a Sharpe and mark a line on the steering shaft and steering wheel. Then when you put the wheel back on, just line up your marks.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:22 AM
The_Laughing_Man

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
The steering wheel does not have to come off to do this.
Originally Posted by fla350tt
Ya you just have to take the air bag off
How can I install the steering controls without removing the wheel? When I took out the airbag last weekend it looked like I wouldn't be able to get the right steering trim piece off without removing it. Please let me know how to without removing it. That would make things a lot easier!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:23 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

How can I install the steering controls without removing the wheel? When I took out the airbag last weekend it looked like I wouldn't be able to get the right steering trim piece off without removing it. Please let me know how to without removing it. That would make things a lot easier!
Look, this is up there with replacing a bulb from a lamp. Agreed there are numerous different "bulbs" but this is really plug and play.

I and others have answered question after question for you and held mt "tongue" but enough is enough.

Look at it, work out what needs to be done OR pay some one to do it for you.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:46 AM
The_Laughing_Man

I understand that you, ian99rt and fla350tt have answered the many questions I've had, and I really appreciate it. The three of you have done this before, I have not, that is why I have these questions. I'm not trying to annoy anybody. I'm sorry if my questions come off as pestering. You have to understand, though, you did something that not very many people on this forum have done, so you're going to be asked questions about it.

I completely understand that it's plug and play, thats why I'm doing it. Like i said previously, I removed my airbag to see what exactly I would need to do to install those steering controls and I found that the right trim piece would not be able to be removed without removing the steering wheel. So I attempted to use your advice last weekend of "work out what needs to be done" and what I worked out was that I would need to remove the steering wheel. Now, I've never removed it, thats why I was asking about anything in particular I need to know when doing it. Then there are two replies stating that I do not need to remove the steering wheel to install the controls. Hence my question on how to do that. I did not find a way to install them without removing the steering wheel, you know a way, so I asked you. It seems that it would be a more convient way to install them, so I would like to know how. But again, I apologize for the numerous questions. I'll just remove the steering wheel and line it up with the advice from joeysr20det.

Thanks for all the help, you guys.

Quick Reply: DIY: 06+ Base with Cruise Control using Uprev + OEM Parts