Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Summit Point Main - Lap Times

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:48 AM
commasense

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nihilation
Too technical for you eh? Of course driving that track is a lot of work, it takes a lot of finesse to be fast there, and that's why it's one of my favorites. It separates the "I just want to drive fast with a few turns here and there" people from the real drivers. My $.02
Them's fighting words, pardner! Stand up and draw, you lilly-livered sissy!

Just kiddding. You're right, of course. One thing that bugs me about it is that it makes me sick. Literally. No other track makes me queasy when I'm driving, but Shenandoah does it in about half a day. And it only takes one or two sessions from the passenger's seat. All those roller coaster humps, bumps, and twists are a little too much shaking for an old fart like me. The last time I was there for a Seat Time, I took a Dramamine, and it helped a lot. (The staff keeps a bottle of them by the water cooler in the classroom!)

Also, it would be a lot more fun in a lighter car than the Z. A Miata or an Elise/Exige would be great on the Shenandoah.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Nihilation

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by commasense
Them's fighting words, pardner! Stand up and draw, you lilly-livered sissy!

Just kiddding. You're right, of course. One thing that bugs me about it is that it makes me sick. Literally. No other track makes me queasy when I'm driving, but Shenandoah does it in about half a day. And it only takes one or two sessions from the passenger's seat. All those roller coaster humps, bumps, and twists are a little too much shaking for an old fart like me. The last time I was there for a Seat Time, I took a Dramamine, and it helped a lot. (The staff keeps a bottle of them by the water cooler in the classroom!)

Also, it would be a lot more fun in a lighter car than the Z. A Miata or an Elise/Exige would be great on the Shenandoah.
Haha!

Yea I totally see how you could get nauseas from that track in the passenger seat. I passed on Tmak's offer earlier this year. Hell, I refuse to ride with anyone as it is, instructors included. I'll blow chunks in my full face helmet.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:24 AM
tmak26b

As a passenger, just look straight, dont ever look out the side
Old 07-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Black Duck

Ok I'll admit I did close my eyes at one point as a passenger in Tmaks car.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:41 PM
tmak26b

haha it wasn't that bad, it would have been scarier if I had my street tires on.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:50 PM
joeygill

Originally Posted by Nihilation
Too technical for you eh? Of course driving that track is a lot of work, it takes a lot of finesse to be fast there, and that's why it's one of my favorites. It separates the "I just want to drive fast with a few turns here and there" people from the real drivers. My $.02

And my best lap time there in the Z on street tires/pads in full circuit configuration w/out the pit straight was 1:45.4. Long live the Shenandoah Circuit!
Nice lap time! My best so far is only a 1:49 (w/o pit straight, street tires), will hope to improve on that come August 3rd weekend. Running an event there with the M-Benz club.

Anyone doing the NASA Aug25th event at SP Main?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:12 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Care to add the times to here?

https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-road/285274-lap-times-db-and-track-videos.html