Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Nissan FINALLY has a 350Z brake duct!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 06:30 PM
GWord256

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by herrschaft
Any issues installing these on a G35?
Just checked, the mounting points are the same for the Z/G. Just need to cut off the stone guard.

On a side note I'm 75% done with fab'ing up some customs that mount to the caliper bolts. The plumbing is a little easier since mine will mount ahead of the suspension. I'm going to stick the prototype on tomorrow and see if there is any rubbing.

Mine aren't CF though so a bit more unsprung weight there

Boy seems like a lot of flaming going on in here /b/ is <--- that way!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:47 PM
herrschaft

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

alright, thanks
Old 10-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by l30thelion
Well, I actually run Raybestos ST43 compound pads on my rear stock non-brembo 03 calipers, my opinion is they are definitely track worthy. But maybe thats because I run StopTech ST40 calipers up front on Raybestos ST41 compound, that helps the rears a lot.

What I'm looking for is a way to run stock calipers front/rear w/ the Raybestos pads but have the rotos/pads last longer than 1 NASA weekend event. Reason being, in NASA TT changing of calipers is a +2 points mod, which I would love to avoid.

If these brakes ducts can cool down the brakes enough to give me more life out of pads/rotors, it would be a huge win for me.

The front, coupled with your tire choice and the driver technique really goes hand in hand in hand. Any track event I ever did with my car was with my previous AP setup, and a variety of pads (DS3000, or Porterfields), and stock rear rotors, stock rear calipers, and stock rear pads and A048's. But, I am not particularly hard on brakes at all, at least at the tracks I was running at (mainly Lime Rock). I think you are asking for an impossible order to run a stock front caliper and have it truly be track worthy (in the competitive sense). To run an HPDE with it is one thing. To run competitively with an r comp I can't forsee happening. Worth trying? Maybe, but if you have a front Stoptech kit, I can't understand why you would want to take such a giant leap backwards. The ST40 affords you less weight, way better pad selection, and way better heat coping capabilities. While it's a penalty, I'd focus more on improving your weight, and other aspects of the car, vs retrograding backwards
Old 10-03-2010, 05:13 PM
GrandAm350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by herrschaft
Any issues installing these on a G35?

I believe the arms are the same, so it should work without a problem. Just check the location of the wheel speed sensor. It won't work on the 370Z for that reason...
Old 10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
INTIMAZY

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to be clear.... These are just ducts on the site? Or are those mounting straps shown in the picture included?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:53 PM
GrandAm350

The mounting straps shown in the image are pre-production. The production straps ARE included, and will be slotted to allow for some adjustment.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:58 PM
GrandAm350

BTW, Last night I weighed the duct without the (included) strap, and the carbon duct itself weighs 40 grams. Less than an once and a half, and seriously strong. I love carbon fiber... ;-)
Old 10-07-2010, 04:07 AM
idrive_MD

Going on the list for next year! $300 for a factory produced/provided solution to brake fade made of high quality CF and craftmanship (that's a seriously well put together part coming from someone who handles CF parts occassionaly for work) is a good deal.

For metal spindle ducts, FordRacing charges $125

Their full packaged brake duct kit goes for $1199 using CF spindle and bumper ducts plus hosing and clamps.

So again, $300 for cf ducts and mounting brackets is a good deal. Hose and clamps should only cost you another $100 maybe. Sad thing is, if I took the time I could make my own here at work out of a host of materials, but I am just not that inspired and $300 seems like a good deal to me.

Last edited by idrive_MD; 10-07-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:06 AM
mw9

Just bought a set from trackhaus, I'll let you know more we I get them. Hopefully this week. Seems trackhaus is a good group, answered all my questions, very friendly.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Fixxxercask

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered mine too. Can't wait to get 'em. I was just about to start fabbing some up until I saw this thread.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:26 AM
GrandAm350

Hey guys,

Looks like the moderators don't like third party non sponsors to be listed as sources for parts on this forum.

I guess if want to know where to buy a part that isn't sold by a sponsor, they aren't going to allow the link or phone number for the guys at Nissan Motorsports.

If anyone wants the contact info for the people that I know have this part, PM me directly and I'll let you know where you can order them.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:56 PM
06platinumG

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

GrandAm350, please PM me the contact info

Thanks
Old 10-20-2010, 02:37 AM
mw9

Originally Posted by GrandAm350
Hey guys,

Looks like the moderators don't like third party non sponsors to be listed as sources for parts on this forum.

I guess if want to know where to buy a part that isn't sold by a sponsor, they aren't going to allow the link or phone number for the guys at Nissan Motorsports.

If anyone wants the contact info for the people that I know have this part, PM me directly and I'll let you know where you can order them.
Wow, great forum we have here. Just got mine in the mail from

TrackHaus, great people to deal with

definitely a cool piece. I ordered from TRACKHAUS and received them in a few days.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:31 AM
RandomHer0

Review? Pics of finalized brackets?
Old 11-14-2010, 07:19 AM
GrandAm350

Any reviews on these?
Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Fixxxercask

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine, but I haven't installed them yet. They are definitely some nice carbor fiber and very light and durable. The shape of the duct forms to the contour of the spindle arm very well too. I will take some pics once I get them installed, but it won't be for awhile.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:04 PM
LaoSiFu

Originally Posted by Fixxxercask
I got mine, but I haven't installed them yet. They are definitely some nice carbor fiber and very light and durable. The shape of the duct forms to the contour of the spindle arm very well too. I will take some pics once I get them installed, but it won't be for awhile.
Fixxxercask,

If you wouldn't mind while doing an install. A few pics and DIY as well would greatly be appreciated

~Robert
Old 11-15-2010, 09:28 PM
lgear080

so... is this a front set only? wonder if this would mate with my r35 setup?

hmmm...
Old 11-16-2010, 04:23 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

it would have to only be a front set there is nowhere to extract rear air from

BTW, we have these kits in stock for anyone who wants. It will require the hose to work, the kit itself comes with the ducts and brackets and hardware only. The bracket shown in pic 1 is the bracket that is included with the kit. Carbon weave is very nicely done.....better than 90% of the hoods on the market fwiw (and unlike those, this is actually full carbon)

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 11-16-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:00 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
In for your reasoning.....the price is on par with equal parts for other makes. I am all for a good DIY project, but the average or even advanced DIYer can't replicate this for much less. Keep in mind that for us people who track our cars that this region is EXTREMELY hot. People pay 90-100 bucks for a fake carbon front bumper scoop.....frankly, I think these are a bit of deal.

But....go ahead....give me a good facepalm reply .
deal you say! MAYBE

I like how you internetly roll'd your eyes.

That's ok...

I'm the idiot though cause I didn't go to school nor do I hold any degrees in anything.

someone made a brake duct....hooray! The same thing with everything needed to assemble could of been put together for the same price.

instead of high price carbon fiber I'm sure aluminum covered carbon fiber weighing a few ounces more will get the job done. FACT

function over pretty carbon fiber...

most of us who buy this air duct aren't breaking 1700F temps on our rotors EVER...

if the air duct are coated correctly I'm more than sure that an aluminum air duct covered in carbon fiber or even fiber glass would do the trick for a weekend warrior...

well who I am anyways

Quick Reply: Nissan FINALLY has a 350Z brake duct!