Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Damn Front Brakes!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:35 PM
ppw350zinmd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Damn Front Brakes!

Well, I just hit 28k on my 04 touring and my passenger side front brake started squeaking like a mf! The noise is only present during braking and cruising at speeds below 30mph so I am assuming that this is the brake pad indicator telling me that it is time for new pads. This is soooo annoying as people give me that "wtf" look when they pull beside me and not to mention the looks I get when I pull into the parking lot at work. I guess that I will be going to the stealership in the am for new front pads. Do they normally stock the nismo r tune pads or any others (hawk, etc.) as I really do not want the oem pads for obvious reasons in which I am sure that everyone here is aware of?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:37 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just call the dealership and find out.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:22 PM
ppw350zinmd

I will be calling the dealership in the am and hopefully they do have the nismos or hawks in stock. Well, at least my new rims will be arriving tomorrow!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:25 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ppw350zinmd
I will be calling the dealership in the am and hopefully they do have the nismos or hawks in stock. Well, at least my new rims will be arriving tomorrow!
i doubt they would have either in stock. They probably can order nismos though. That's the one i would choose out of the two you posted. If i was you, i would order brake pads and bring it to them to get replaced. save a few bucks.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:12 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, ANY brake pads will indicate when they're worn down. If you're interested in getting new pads just do it yourself...the dealership will charge you upwards of $500 just to replace your pads. One of the thing I like about having a BBK or the Track Brembos is that replacing pads is a piece of cake. Like on the Stoptech BBK replacing pads is 2 bolts! Gotta love that
Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ppw350zinmd
Do they normally stock the nismo r tune pads or any others (hawk, etc.) as I really do not want the oem pads for obvious reasons in which I am sure that everyone here is aware of?
Are you kidding???

NiSSan sells the oem pads and maybe you can fast talk the stealership into ordering your the Nismo r tune pads, with a huge markup. Why not look on this site for the pads you want and change the pads out yourself, you drive the Z car, learn to do your own wrenching.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:08 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Well, ANY brake pads will indicate when they're worn down. If you're interested in getting new pads just do it yourself...the dealership will charge you upwards of $500 just to replace your pads. One of the thing I like about having a BBK or the Track Brembos is that replacing pads is a piece of cake. Like on the Stoptech BBK replacing pads is 2 bolts! Gotta love that
Stock brakes are 2 bolts too.
To the OP , just order some EBC greens , Hawk HPS or grab a set of whatever at the local parts store.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:24 PM
SoCal.VQ35DE

The pep boys here in CA stock Hawk. I absolutel love my HPS. They are very linear and bite hard right from the get-go. Yeah they do dust, but not much worse than stock, and the oem Nissans literally wore a groove the entire width of the pad in my rotors.

Mine had a similar sound, but it was because the pad dug into the rotors so much the pad backplate was hitting the rotor (Hard to describe)

But amazingly, the stock pads still had meat on them when I replaced them.