Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Nismo Vs 350z

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM
supracar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NISMOFO
I have the 07 Nismo suspension on my car + S-tune sways. Apparently, the 07 Nismo sways are the same as the stock sways from what I've heard...and similar if not identical to the S-tune sways.

Now I don't have the reinforced welds like a Nismo Z, but apparently that makes all the difference in the world? Driving two different cars on the track with different setups is not a valid comparison unless they're on identical wheel/tire setups I would think.

But I rode in an S-tune the other day with S-tune sways....it was slight stiffer, but it definitely handled better than my 07 Nismo. I could tell after the first turn we took and this car had stock wheels with 18K miles on the stock tires....vs. my 18" nismo wheels with brand new tires.

But I do think the shocks on the 07/08 Nismo are soft enough to make up for the high spring rate. Spring rate is only half the story. Anyways, I'm probably taking my Nismo suspension off in the next month, putting it on the market and going with S-tune most likely. The drive between my car and the s-tune was enough to convince me of the difference between the two. The s-tune will surely be a more bumpy ride though.

I'm not looking forward to the car being lower because of tear wear, but I wouldn't mind a slight drop. I've owned 2 350Z's before that had Hotchkis drops with SPC rear camber/toe kits...but I'd don't think I'm going to do that this time....no camber/toe kit.

Now, if I had a 07/08 Nismo Z....I probably wouldn't touch a thing or it would mostly defeat the purpose of the purchase. Although, the body kit alone is mad bank for that car. The mod bug hits...and driving a stock car can start to get boring if you visit the forums here too often.

The Nismo Z was advertised as the best handling Z ever. Well, it handles good I'm sure...but I think thats just marketing. Take the body kit off the car and then go drive it. Does it really handle THAT good, or is it all in your head? I definitely agree its WAY better than stock...huge improvement for sure. I also think there are a lot of guys that don't know (myself included) how to match up a set of shocks with their spring rates and their cars handle like ace. I'm pretty sure this is common, and in those cases the Nismo Z will eat them up. I prefer going with Nismo suspension just because I know it's designed to work together (shocks/springs). I'm not into coil-overs or adjusting my car...no need for my driving habits. I just want to drive it and have the best of both worlds...and I think that's what the Nismo Z does...the best of both worlds. Driver friendly on the street and probably great on the track too...it's kinda like warm porage...not too hot, not too cold...but just right for the average Z driver.
Interesting - thanks. I priced together the Nismo f/r springs/dampers/sways setup in another post and it was only about $1,000; which is cheaper than the S-tune.

I have found through many many tests that the Nismo Z handles signifigantly better than my 05' Track. I guess it is a combo deal then?

How much would you sell your 07 Nismo suspension for?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:49 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supracar
Interesting - thanks. I priced together the Nismo f/r springs/dampers/sways setup in another post and it was only about $1,000; which is cheaper than the S-tune.

I have found through many many tests that the Nismo Z handles signifigantly better than my 05' Track. I guess it is a combo deal then?

How much would you sell your 07 Nismo suspension for?

Someone who just slaps on the suspension on his car expect it to handle like a real NISMO? There is a lot more to the car that he does not have that helps the handling. Having one 350z to a NISMO and I know several who have done this have told me they handle much better vs their old 350z with aftermarket suspension.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:33 AM
NISMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Someone who just slaps on the suspension on his car expect it to handle like a real NISMO? There is a lot more to the car that he does not have that helps the handling. Having one 350z to a NISMO and I know several who have done this have told me they handle much better vs their old 350z with aftermarket suspension.
I know I don't have the strut tower brace or reinforced welds. And I didn't SLAP the suspension on....I bolted it on.....lol. I get it....if my car doesn't have a nismo plaque on the center console it's a POS and handles like ace...lol.