Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

metalllic clunk sound when going over small bumps

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 06:43 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I have this issue with my 05 Z with stock shocks/ springs. It clunks whenever I take a speed bump. I have greased just about everything to no avail. The endlinks look good on mine too, no loss of grease.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:21 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by 3oh5z
well to be frank, STANCE and any other coilover setup is going to produce noise.period. They aren't made to be comfy daily driven products. But to answer your question, yes you can go very low with this setup....
says who?

installed correctly and proper supplemental parts there will be no noise.

If you have noise it is not the quality of the coilover but the install job or other parts failing due to being lower / stiffer suspension. i.e. bushings, swaybar endlinks, and overall tightness of the coilovers. My first install I didn't tighten the coilvoer enough and it would clunk. Tightened it properly, installed endlinks and adjusted it all properly and there is zero noise.

Anyone who says it's clunking didn't do something right.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:50 PM
bizarrosZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a clunk sound

Hey everyone , been trying to find out what's wrong with my car, I have an 06 Z, and recently I've been having a "clunk" sound when stepping on the brakes, it's coming mainly from the front passenger side,, I have a thread on here I just posted , "can any Z family members help me out" , so I'm sorry for going all over the place trying to find answers..

So someone recommended I change the lower control arm, since that's a main cause sometimes, changed it and put a new one on, it stopped my wheel from wiggling a lot, but now I still have that clunk sound, maybe I need to replace the driver side lower control arm aswell.. I also noticed my ball joint all greased up and it looks like it's worn out, could that be an issue on why it clunks aswell?
Attached Thumbnails metalllic clunk sound when going over small bumps-image.jpg