Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Thoughts on stoptech slotted rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Theheff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on stoptech slotted rotors

Hey everyone.

I'm from the UK. Have a 2004 350z with brembos.

I need new brake discs all round and have been looking at the stoptech replacement rotors, will be going for slotted ones.

They appear to be quite a new brand to the uk so can't find any reviews on our 350z forum. I'm wondering what your experiences are with them. I have searched but only seem to come up with traders adverts.

The disc surfaces don't appear to be treated from what I've read, will this cause the slots to hold brake dust and go rusty when standing, and will this clear when they are used again?

Cheers

Paul
Old 07-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Theheff

Sorry, I know the dust will build up but without the coating as used by other companies like ebc will it have any sort of negative affect on the rotors
Old 07-15-2013, 11:48 AM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ive used stop tech cryo slotted rotors in the past a 3 or so years ago and loved them, but that was on my old honda civic pos. those with hawk hps pads worked well then. Havent used them on my Z yet though
Old 07-15-2013, 11:52 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

If it helps with finding reviews, Power Slot and StopTech are the same rotors. I just installed them last month and so far no complaints.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Theheff

Thanks so far guys, anymore opinions?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 AM
stuartc323

The Stoptech rotors are awesome, another good brand would be EBC or you can just go OEM blanks for best performance
Old 07-16-2013, 01:12 PM
DanQ

Received 227 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
The Stoptech rotors are awesome, another good brand would be EBC or you can just go OEM blanks for best performance
Hey stuartc323, could you qualify the performance statement please?
  • braking
  • longevity
  • noise
  • any other factor in your opinion
I've got factory Brembos and have been looking around at different options. Been watching this thread and reading a lot of the older threads trying to get a more clear idea.

Any advice would be welcome!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:50 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been running the Stoptech slotted rotors with my OEM Brembos and Stoptech street pads for the past year now. I don't daily drive the car so 95% of my experience is on the track and autocross.

I'll say that they are just fine for any application. My limitation was found in the pads on the track, but that's an easy fix. I can't speak to how the rotors react to high heat pads on the track, but I don't foresee a problem. As for rust in the slots I've seen none.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Theheff

Well I'm guessing the lack of negative reviews can only be a good thing. It is either these or dbas t3s. I will very unlikely be tracking the car so don't think the extra £300 for the dbas is going to be worth it. I won't be ordering till end of the week so anymore views would be good to hear.

Thanks everyone so far
Old 07-17-2013, 09:53 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,108 Likes on 6,563 Posts

a company that has kinda caught my attention is Adams Rotors, not sure how they compare to the stoptech, but i do like how you have your choice of drilling and slotting

http://www.adamsrotors.com/
Old 07-17-2013, 10:11 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by DanQ
Hey stuartc323, could you qualify the performance statement please?
  • braking
  • longevity
  • noise
  • any other factor in your opinion
I've got factory Brembos and have been looking around at different options. Been watching this thread and reading a lot of the older threads trying to get a more clear idea.

Any advice would be welcome!
I had used them on the track before, and they work very well. Very good heat dissipation, pads grabbed the rotors very well, and I experienced no brake fade when i paired them with the proper pads. The ones i had were slotted and when i switched them to the blank versions, they performed a whole lot better.

The only other rotors that would be equal to the quality of these are EBC, which i have used extensively as well, you wont go wrong with either.

Best performance:
Blanks

Best performance and looks
Slotted

Best looks
slotted and drilled/dimpled

Originally Posted by Theheff
Well I'm guessing the lack of negative reviews can only be a good thing. It is either these or dbas t3s. I will very unlikely be tracking the car so don't think the extra £300 for the dbas is going to be worth it. I won't be ordering till end of the week so anymore views would be good to hear.

Thanks everyone so far

I dont think i have ever seen one bad review on the stoptech or powerslot rotors, they are a very good brand with much proven racing experience.

Originally Posted by travlee9374
a company that has kinda caught my attention is Adams Rotors, not sure how they compare to the stoptech, but i do like how you have your choice of drilling and slotting

Adams rotors are some of the best rotors in the world, they just have a cost. I dont know OPs budget.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:26 AM
adamsrotors
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by travlee9374

appreciate the thought...

Originally Posted by stuartc323

Adams rotors are some of the best rotors in the world, they just have a cost. I dont know OPs budget.
thanks!
but no, we're really affordable...factor in we're all-inclusive, machined to order, silver zinc dipped, AND shipped to your door.
check out ANY of our threads here on the boards or our website.

our brand new webstore now this & many other application's pricing & options loaded.

have a look by selecting your vehicle from the drop down menus: www.adamsrotors.com

if you have any other questions, please let us know via email!
thanks
-a
Old 07-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Theheff

I looked at the Adams rotors and was tempted and contacted them, they were well in budget until I got given the $300 shipping quote to uk, plus when the bastards at customs got their hands on them, import taxes etc. they work out rather a lot more than they would do for you guys to buy. I'd be looking at dba t3 money for them.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,108 Likes on 6,563 Posts

Originally Posted by Theheff
I looked at the Adams rotors and was tempted and contacted them, they were well in budget until I got given the $300 shipping quote to uk, plus when the bastards at customs got their hands on them, import taxes etc. they work out rather a lot more than they would do for you guys to buy. I'd be looking at dba t3 money for them.
yeah shipping overseas would kinda suck. i will be looking at them more seriously when i am ready to do brakes.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:21 AM
adamsrotors
Vendor - Former Vendor

wish we had a better alternative, but rotors are heavy & awkward to ship...
Old 07-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Theheff

Yeah. Its a shame as i really liked the look of your rotors. plus they worked out very cheap in comparison to the equivilant rotors here.
Everything is so much cheaper for you guys over there. All imported parts we get here are the equivalent in pounds as they are in dollars, sometimes it's better to get stuff from overseas but its hit and miss wether it gets through customs without picking up charges.