Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SponGer
DI, how would you recommend cleaning a clear bra? It's yellowing just a little. Can I use the PC on it?
You can treat a clear bra with a buffer but you want to be extra careful and gentle with it. I would suggest polishing with a very light polish and pad combo. If you want to be conservative use a blue, black or crimson pad with the Menzerna Micro Finish (PO85RD Polish). You could also use an AIO on it like the Optimum Poli-Seal. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI
Old 05-08-2011, 11:18 PM
markcg09

Hi Greg, just have a few questions.

1. After applying sealant (Blackfire Wet Diamond), how long should I wait before wiping the sealant residue off?

2. Can I apply a layer of wax (Poorboy Natty Blue Liquid Wax) immediately after sealant residue has been wiped off? Or should I wait a few hours after the sealant has been cured.

-Mark
Old 05-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by markcg09
Hi Greg, just have a few questions.

1. After applying sealant (Blackfire Wet Diamond), how long should I wait before wiping the sealant residue off?

2. Can I apply a layer of wax (Poorboy Natty Blue Liquid Wax) immediately after sealant residue has been wiped off? Or should I wait a few hours after the sealant has been cured.

-Mark
Mark,

I usually wait 15+ minutes before buffing off the excess sealant. After you have removed all the product I'd recommend waiting at least one hour before you apply a second coat of sealant or wax. If you can wait a few hours that might help the first layer cure a bit more but usually within an hour it's pretty close to being done.

Greg @ DI
Old 05-12-2011, 03:26 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Greg,

Since Father's day is near, my wife wants to buy me some detailing tools/products that I have been wanting for years. I looked on your website and the Basic kit ($159.99) that comes with the 4" pads and the two mequires Polish and finishing compound looks like it will work wonders for my Super Black 05 Z. Will this kit get rid of swirl marks and other paint blemishes? Also what else do you recommend to spruce up my Z?

Thanks

Jason
Old 05-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Glad to hear she is hooking you up for Father's Day! If it helps we have a DI Accessories Detailed Image Gift Certificate available in any denomination. The kit you referenced is a great deal and will help you restore the paint to better than new condition. I would recommend getting at least one more of each pad though for best results. After polishing I would enhance the shine you just created and protect it with a top quality sealant. The Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger is my personal favorite as it looks great and protects for months. You can apply it by hand or with a buffer and a blue pad. I hand remove the excess polish and sealant with about 4x - 8x DI Microfiber All Purpose Towels. If you have any other questions please let me know!

Greg @ DI
Old 05-13-2011, 05:56 AM
tnk210

I recently purchased a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3. The main part of the dash is a soft touch rubber. I have been using Adam's Leather and Interior Conditioner in my Z but this stuff does not work well at all on this material. The product will not evenly spread over the surface like on hard plastic. Product recommendations?
Old 05-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by tnk210
I recently purchased a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3. The main part of the dash is a soft touch rubber. I have been using Adam's Leather and Interior Conditioner in my Z but this stuff does not work well at all on this material. The product will not evenly spread over the surface like on hard plastic. Product recommendations?
I'd probably use the Optimum Protectant Plus (Leather Protectant) on it to help remove dust but most importantly provide UV protection and a nice matte finish. I love the results from this product and use it all over the interior leather, rubber, vinyl and plastic surfaces. Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg @ DI
Old 05-31-2011, 11:54 AM
markcg09

Hi Greg, I just recently applied Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant. As for maintenance I intend on using a quick detailer on a weekly basis. I intend on getting the Dodo Juice Red Mist but was wondering if the Blackfire Quick Detailer would better a better choice, or if it would even really matter (currently using meguiars quick detailer).

Lastly, would following it up with a quick spray wax add more gloss or would the quick detailer suffice.

-Mark

Last edited by markcg09; 05-31-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by markcg09
Hi Greg, I just recently applied Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant. As for maintenance I intend on using a quick detailer on a weekly basis. I intend on getting the Dodo Juice Red Mist but was wondering if the Blackfire Quick Detailer would better a better choice, or if it would even really matter (currently using meguiars quick detailer).

Lastly, would following it up with a quick spray wax add more gloss or would the quick detailer suffice.

-Mark
Mark,

All three quick detailers will help clean the paint and add just a bit more shine. The Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Protection Detailer probably is the best of all three in my experiences.

Using a spray on sealant or wax will add a bit more gloss, but the results will vary depending on a variety of factors. You'll notice more shine and protection if you use something like the Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray with Polycharger or the Optimum Car Wax. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI
Old 06-03-2011, 03:13 PM
markcg09

^^ Thanks Greg, I'll probably get the Dodo Juice Red Mist and give the Dodo Supernatural Wax 30ml sampler a shot instead of the spray on wax.

-Mark
Old 06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greg,
For a car that does not need any/minimal correction can I still ues M205 finishing polish or should I be using something with even less cutting ability?
Old 06-15-2011, 02:33 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Greg,

I got my Fathers day gift this past weekend, Chem brothers citrus wash, Mequires 105 & 205, PorterCable Xp tool, Chemical Brothers quick detail spray, and the Black Fire. I will say I am very happy with the results. Best stuff I have every used! You have a customer for life lol.

One question, would it be ok to use the Meguires 105 at a higher setting on the XP tool other than 1 (following directions on bottle) for scratch/blemish heavy parts like my hood?
Old 06-16-2011, 09:44 AM
djwatts

Hi Greg,

I have a question regarding interior cleaning aimed towards my cloth seats. I have stains and other imperfections that I'd like to get rid off, any tips?

Thanks
Old 06-17-2011, 01:51 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Zaino for years, do you have another products that are on par with Zaino and alittle easier to use.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for answers
Old 06-21-2011, 05:38 PM
buckey48

Hi Greg,

I have a black roadster (2004). It looked good until I had it waxed by a detailer. Now I see spider webbing. He claims the wax will magnify imperfections and that I should have had him do a light rubbing out then waxing. Don't know but looks worse then it did and I hate it.

Is he right? He has been doing this work for 18 years and on some very expensive cars.

If this is the case what and how to maintain finish ?

Spray wax/polish. How to apply by hand
Want it simple without causing more problems.
In a community garage with OEM Nissan cover.

Thanks

Community garage with Nissan oem car cover.

Last edited by buckey48; 06-21-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Additional info request
Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 PM
MikeBit

I GOTS QUESTIONS!

Ok so...

#1 - One of my tail lights is pretty banged up..... Swirls and some scratches (not too deep). I don't have anything particularly for polishing tail lights/head lights. I have Meg's PLASTX. My first question is.... can I use the compound that I use on my paint with my PC, and use it to polish out my head/tail lights? If so, which of these should I use because these are the polishes I have:

Menzerna Power Gloss
Menzerna Power Finish
Menzerna Super Finish

I have orange, green, blue, gray, and white polishing pads.

Question 2:

I have slight stains on my CLOTH seats. I'm not sure what I should use to get rid of them. Any suggestions, Greg?

Thank you!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

I apologize to all for the slow response I'm not sure how I missed these questions.

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Greg,
For a car that does not need any/minimal correction can I still ues M205 finishing polish or should I be using something with even less cutting ability?
The M205 with a white pad is absolutely perfect for a car in good condition. It's a light polish that will help improve the great finish and reveal and even better shine. Follow up with your favorite sealant or wax afterward.

Greg @ DI
Old 06-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
Hey Greg,

I got my Fathers day gift this past weekend, Chem brothers citrus wash, Mequires 105 & 205, PorterCable Xp tool, Chemical Brothers quick detail spray, and the Black Fire. I will say I am very happy with the results. Best stuff I have every used! You have a customer for life lol.

One question, would it be ok to use the Meguires 105 at a higher setting on the XP tool other than 1 (following directions on bottle) for scratch/blemish heavy parts like my hood?
Thrilled to hear the products worked out so well! We appreciate your purchase and it's always great to know the combos we recommend are working! Typically I polish (M105 and M205) on speeds 4 - 6 with a PC 7424XP, this will work the polish in faster and give you much better results. if you used speed 1 you definitely did some good but you didn't optimize the product! Next time start at least on speed 4 and you should see even more shine!

Greg @ DI
Old 06-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by djwatts
Hi Greg,

I have a question regarding interior cleaning aimed towards my cloth seats. I have stains and other imperfections that I'd like to get rid off, any tips?

Thanks
Spray the 303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner on the fabrics, let it sit for about 1 - 2 minutes. Then dip your brush in a tray of warm/hot water and agitate the stains with light to medium pressure in multiple different directions. It should leave the fabrics much cleaner and looking their best again! It can be used as is or dilute it down 8:1 for a great value. I also use this same product diluted on the doors, console, arm rests, carpets, fabrics, etc. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer...