Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

How to get the best shine??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 11:19 PM
HAKKA-BOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get the best shine??

I have a silverstone Z and can't seem to get it to shine like some of the Z's I seen on this fourm. Some of the pics on this fourm are awsome, mirror shine

Some-1 told me to use a clear cote sealer since me car is only 3mo. old, they say it'll make a big difference. Is this so?? If it's so, where and what brand do I get??

Thanx......
Old 11-22-2003, 05:40 AM
SungNamZ

Default Re: How to get the best shine??

Originally posted by HAKKA-BOY
I have a silverstone Z and can't seem to get it to shine like some of the Z's I seen on this fourm. Some of the pics on this fourm are awsome, mirror shine

Some-1 told me to use a clear cote sealer since me car is only 3mo. old, they say it'll make a big difference. Is this so?? If it's so, where and what brand do I get??

Thanx......
All those "Z's" or at least a majority, are using ZAINO. Don't hesitate, visit: www.zainostore.com
Attached Thumbnails How to get the best shine??-mod-2-z-pic-8-oct-2003.jpg  
Old 11-22-2003, 07:41 AM
kbomb

Try 3M hand glaze and then liquid wax...I saw a post where Droideka said he uses it...definitely works and only 3 bucks a bottle.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:26 AM
majik
Banned

ron k..i have a question for you..and your brick looks good by the way....I went to the zaino store..and they have alot of stuff...not admitting to be a professional detailer or anything..but which combinations did or do you go with...I have a brick as well..and want it to bling!! i want to order some..but what combos? thanks man!
Old 11-22-2003, 10:30 AM
SungNamZ

majik, if you want to do the entire treatment, starting the washing with Dawn, then moving on to claying, followed by Z5 and Z2, just get the "Kit". It will have everything you need with exception of Dawn. Follow the directions! Visit the Zaino site and look at "tips & tricks". Still have questions call Sal or look at the numerous posts by Dr Bonz. He is our leader! Avoid the 100% Cotton towels! Order towels from dftowel.com at the same time and both should arrive via UPS and USPS about same time. Enjoy the "bling"
Old 11-22-2003, 10:33 AM
Kevin Overall

Originally posted by majik
ron k..i have a question for you..and your brick looks good by the way....I went to the zaino store..and they have alot of stuff...not admitting to be a professional detailer or anything..but which combinations did or do you go with...I have a brick as well..and want it to bling!! i want to order some..but what combos? thanks man!
I am a www.dftowel.com distributor so my customers are getting their Zaino and DF towels all at the same time from me to save on shipping.

Here is what to do:

Its not that hard, so here goes:

1. Wash and dry the car, use Dawn as the soap if you have waxed or polished the car before, you can use Z-7 car wash if you are sure you have only bare paint currently, the paint should squeak under your fingers after you have stripped it and dried it.

2. If you want to clay bar it, take your Z-18 clay bar, I like to use 1/2 of 1 of the 2 bars. Mix up your clay solution using 1/2 cap full of Z-7 into 16 to 20 ounces of water, work one foot sections, spray and using a pan cake shaped clay bar with two fingers pressure slide the clay over the paint after lubing it, it may not slide so easy at first and drag a little, this is good, this is the clay bar removing the paint contamination. When done with an area, you can give it a quick wipe with your towel to prevent water spotting. Always clay on a completely cool surface out of the sun.

3. After clay entire car, it is best to rewash with Z-7 to completely remove all clay lube.

4. Mix the ZFX either into Z-5 or Z-2 depending on which one you are using. If you have BOTH Z-2 and Z-5, ALWAYS use Z-5 FIRST for the first few coats and then go with the Z-2.

5. Apply ZFX activated Zaino polish the entire car, all over using back and forth motions. Apply thin and EVEN. 1/2 to 3/4 of an ounce is plenty for a Z car. On the first coat the paint will take more polish so you might use a tad more polish on the first coat and less and less on the coats after the first one. Take the Zaino applictor and slightly dampen it with either water or Z-6 to make the polish slide more.

6. Wait for the polish to dry, should be dry in less than 30 min to an hour if the temp outside is above 60 or 70, might be longer if cold or damp outside or if you are a newbie and put too much on the paint the first time. From 10 feet away, you should just barely be able to tell that there is any polish on the surface.

7. Take your DF towel, cotton towel, or other micro fiber towel and buff off the Zaino residue

8. Gently mist the Z-6 on one foot sections and wipe until dry for a high 3D gloss.

9. You can repeat 5 thru 7 up to 3 times in one day, unlimited use of Z-6.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Kevin Overall

Originally posted by majik
I can not respond to the private message you sent me as 350z.com tells me you do not allow private messaging. You will need to change that in your profile.

BTW, I answered your question in my last post in this thread.

Email me at:

koverall@cddn.com or
koverall@ecsis.net or
koverall@first-state.net (work)
Old 11-24-2003, 08:06 AM
cordlessfunk
Banned

sorry dude...mike banned me cuz he is a *****, and i got on morons that were showing out on a thread...but i have your address and i will keep in touch....thanks
Old 12-06-2003, 12:04 AM
HAKKA-BOY

Thanks for all the info and help...

So if u guys have to choose between "Zaino" and "Crystal Guard" which woud u guys choose?? and why??

Do both last about the same time??

Is one safer to use then the other??
Old 12-06-2003, 09:10 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

How about BLACKFIRE ?
Attached Thumbnails How to get the best shine??-z-in-garage.jpg  
Old 12-06-2003, 12:41 PM
s9am_me

yeah I agree.. what about Blackfire?? Blackfire is always left out... its always Zaino and Crystal Guard
Old 12-06-2003, 09:11 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cause zaino came in 1st in any tests(for whatever thats worth. in a game of inches, you gotta take your victories where you can)

and CG... well it is owned by the site owner. but honestly; Ive never heard the stuff mentioned outside of this forum... unlike zaino and blackfire. *prays the holy one doesnt strike him down*

but in reality, I highly doubt, all things equal, anyone anywhere could tell the difference between zaino, CG, or blackfire in a blind test. just my guess.

its all about tecnique, if you clean the car well, prep it properly, and apply it correctly, it will shine. no doubt.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:34 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I Personally use what is recommended by Car & Driver experts. Meguire's #7 Show Car Glaze followed by Mothers California Gold. Its unreal. A frined of mine swears by Zaino but after we shined our cars, we could not tell the difference between the two.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:16 AM
buzzdsm

[i]

but in reality, I highly doubt, all things equal, anyone anywhere could tell the difference between zaino, CG, or blackfire in a blind test. just my guess.

its all about tecnique, if you clean the car well, prep it properly, and apply it correctly, it will shine. no doubt. [/B]

Exactly. If you spend the time and get a good product you'll get a good shine.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:23 PM
JamRWS6

My personal opinion......LOTS of products give you a great shine. Zaino IMHO protects better and for longer than any of these.

As far as shine.....the darker the color the more reflective and "shiny" it will be...hence the properties of light say that the object absorbs light of the color it shows to be....therefore it will be reflecting the brighter shades of light and be more "shiny".
A white or silver car will NEVER be as reflective as a black or dark colored car.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:14 AM
FlaPhil

Blackfire is my choice. But, the ??? of 'How to get the best shine' is really in the eyes of the beholder. What those "independent" tests show is that is what "they" liked. It doesn't mean that's what you will like.

If you like the multi-step process of Zaino, then nobody is going to say you are wrong. If you like the 2-step process to get a great shine, you really should try Blackfire.

I think it is slicker and wetter looking than anything else I've used. Plus, the people at Classic Motoring are extremely helpful and knowledgable about their products. Plus, you are buying from an established company.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:18 PM
bhobson333

Blackfire & Zaino are very much the same thing - a polymer (plastic) coating instead of a wax. As such they are very similar in their results. There are differences in application and slight differences in results but my experience is that you like whichever you try first. I don't remember anyone ever saying they had tried both and prefer one over the other.

You can get very good results from wax (like Meguiars) but it will not last like a polymer. The melting point of wax is far less than the surface temperature of your paint under the summer sun. It melts right off your car. It also leaves nasty white stains on all the rubber it touches and leaves a lot of powdery residue, which the polymers do not. The waxes are usually more difficult to put on and take off than the polymers. A lot of people still swear by the waxes but I don't remember hearing of someone going back to wax after using the polymers.

I will not comment further about Crystal Guard. If you're interested in my experiences, use your search engine.