Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex@VTR
ok since it was brought up on the mrc vs. alberto thread here's one for the ages...

Built/Designed by VTR for our old shop Performance Motorsports.

This is a daily driven street car, that had a cage (for the sheer purpose of being to compete in the street tire class) ... has A/C ran everday and has a full interior!

8.33 @ 176 mph... according to the specs of the other cars on the list I believe this qualifies...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDhhS__FJp4
This is a flat out lie and insult to the 350Z community.That car was fully gutted with a full cage, DID NOT have A/C,DID not drive more than 30 Feet from the staging lanes to the tree,and was no where NEAR a street car...The car drove from the trailor, to the staging lanes and down the track.
Please get your fact straight from your own boss's shop..
Old 09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ok since it was brought up on the mrc vs. alberto thread here's one for the ages...

This is a daily driven street car, that had a cage (for the sheer purpose of being to compete in the street tire class) ... has A/C ran everday and has a full interior!

8.33 @ 176 mph... according to the specs of the other cars on the list I believe this qualifies...
The ET is impressive, but I see several problems posting the times.

Consensus here is that times are posted by the member, the member owns the car, and the member drove the car.

A video is cool, but we are missing details such as 60-foot time. Besides, it is impossible to ask the driver questions such as What kind of tires?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:25 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

No disrespect to VTR but thats a full up race car and that a no go!
The break light dont even come on at the begining and the end, and if you have a chute.... well that pretty much seals the deal. Thats like a totally NOPI sponserd car comming on here and posting a 7 sec time..... Wait did I see NOPI sticker on that car? If you want to start a full on drag set up top 10 list then I am all for it but to ask to take the top spot on the street car list well I think there is going to be some issues. Hell every once and a while there are arguments about the PF car not being street legal when they ran a 10.4. If you want my opinion I think you need to ask the forum members what they think about it. Once agian with all due respect IMO that is not a street car.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:26 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by davidv
The ET is impressive, but I see several problems posting the times.

Consensus here is that times are posted by the member, the member owns the car, and the member drove the car.

A video is cool, but we are missing details such as 60-foot time. Besides, it is impossible to ask the driver questions such as What kind of tires?

+1
Old 09-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

As you can see, no interior..

Old 09-07-2007, 04:05 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
As you can see, no interior..

+1

Old 09-07-2007, 07:32 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No changes have been made. Looking into it further.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Todd
Old 09-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
This is a flat out lie and insult to the 350Z community.That car was fully gutted with a full cage, DID NOT have A/C,DID not drive more than 30 Feet from the staging lanes to the tree,and was no where NEAR a street car...The car drove from the trailor, to the staging lanes and down the track.
Please get your fact straight from your own boss's shop..

i fully AGREE, if we add full race cars to the list, then we need to get the other 6 second full tube framed red one and extreme motorwerks Z on the list.

that car was a full out race car, never driven on the street, no AC, no anything.

come on man... i know you want to promote your shop but if we let that car in, then we have to let all of the other full race cars in as well (which i am cool with, just need to make it clear)
Old 09-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Gators2001

Jeremy are the rules at the Orlando strip any different then at Moroso???
Old 09-08-2007, 05:53 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just out of curiosity, my photos are from Atco Raceway, NJ in 2004. Is this the same car?

Last edited by davidv; 09-08-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
i fully AGREE, if we add full race cars to the list, then we need to get the other 6 second full tube framed red one and extreme motorwerks Z on the list.

that car was a full out race car, never driven on the street, no AC, no anything.

come on man... i know you want to promote your shop but if we let that car in, then we have to let all of the other full race cars in as well (which i am cool with, just need to make it clear)
How about adding another class strictly defined for race cars..??
Old 09-08-2007, 06:46 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by davidv

Just out of curiosity, my photos are from Atco Raceway, NJ in 2004. Is this the same car?
That is the same car..And from photo #1 I clearly see the lack of AC lines routed under the shroud near the windshield, as well as a fan blower motor for the AC.
Pic #2 clearly depicts, no AC controls and or guage cluster and interior.
In other words, its a full race car, never driven on the street as the employee of the shop wrongfully stated. It However does fit into the NHRA/NDRA Stree tire class, which "loosely" interperts a street car..
Old 09-08-2007, 07:23 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Thumbs down

Owend!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:13 PM
ajcool2

I dont know I think adding it to the list is a good idea. Especially if the motor is still a VQ35 and its still the original body. It would be a good way to show owners of other cars (ie. evos and sti's) what Z's can do. Plus I'm sure if some of you guys eventually hit that number you'd want your times added to the list also. I agree with the idea of having a separate list for "extremely modified Z's" though. Also lying about your setup is a no no. Just my .02's.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:26 PM
roast

It belongs on the list more than just about any Z on this forum.

Make a new category if it makes you feel better about yourselves.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Gators2001

that cage is bad azz
Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 AM
VeeTec

Originally Posted by Peak350
I did even better tonight....my clutch however suicide bombed me on my last run and I had to leave on a sour note. It wouldn't even hold in 6th gear, I had to coast half the track going 30 pumping the clutch to get it to hold and ran it out with like a 19.5 .

Overall good, 13.36 with a 1.948 60'
DA of 1380' (78 degrees, 30.06 baro, and 68 dewpoint).

Not first but almost
At least now nobody will call my times a fluke.

I still say very low 13's will come, and I will probably run 13.2's in the heat, as the car seems to be getting faster with miles.

12.9's in cool weather, who knows.

Congrats on the new PB. You may beat my best time, as I can't get to the track much right now. One more thing, for some reason I have found that the car runs WAY better on Shell V-Power 93. The difference was very noticable at the slow track, where my car trapped surprisingly high. You might want to give that a shot, and I will be doing the same at Carolina Dragway, where traction and 1.9 60's seem to come easy.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:50 AM
VitViper

Originally Posted by Peak350
I did even better tonight....my clutch however suicide bombed me on my last run and I had to leave on a sour note. It wouldn't even hold in 6th gear, I had to coast half the track going 30 pumping the clutch to get it to hold and ran it out with like a 19.5 .

Overall good, 13.36 with a 1.948 60'
DA of 1380' (78 degrees, 30.06 baro, and 68 dewpoint).

Not first but almost
That's excellent! I had your traps stock, but not your times.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by VeeTec
At least now nobody will call my times a fluke.

I still say very low 13's will come, and I will probably run 13.2's in the heat, as the car seems to be getting faster with miles.

12.9's in cool weather, who knows.

Congrats on the new PB. You may beat my best time, as I can't get to the track much right now. One more thing, for some reason I have found that the car runs WAY better on Shell V-Power 93. The difference was very noticable at the slow track, where my car trapped surprisingly high. You might want to give that a shot, and I will be doing the same at Carolina Dragway, where traction and 1.9 60's seem to come easy.
I agree the car seems to be getting faster. My driving hasn't improved the last few trips, but my times have dropped almost a tenth of a second. The weather changes are significant enough to cause that, but who knows, maybe its just in my head.

Thanks for the gas tip, I'll give it a shot. Shell is ridiculously overpriced here, but I'm low on gas and need to get a few gallons to last me through the test and tune this week so I'll give that a shot this week.

I dunno about 13.2 in the heat, but I was going to do some entry level bracket racing next weekend (just for S's & G's) and I keep lowering what I want my dial to be because the car keeps getting more consistent with quick runs (13.5 or so is easy now).

I'm going to try to get a dyno in this fall, possibly a simple retune to lean the mixture out a bit, from what I've seen it should be somewhere between 11 and 12 which is way too high IMO, even for FI applications.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by VitViper
That's excellent! I had your traps stock, but not your times.
My car was slow that night....as far as traps. Its weird. I get 1 mph better on Chevron than BP (amoco), and 1 mph better on that than Citgo. I'll try Veetec's suggestion and see how it likes Shell. But I was on Amoco for those runs.

Quick Reply: Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )