Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 06:19 AM
fast kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

once again.. great info in here guys.. Im gonna go outa my way to rack up some miles so i can get this over and done with.. Ill keep you all posted on the out come..

(funny tid bit.. My S.A has an 05 SRT and is currently getting a new engine due to an oil leakage.. so maybe he might take pitty??)
Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 AM
joe_blow_xbox

Originally Posted by tamdihugs77
You are bias! You apparently don't want me, a failing V2 owner on your stats list. You send cheshirecat and Ztrack PMs for stats and not me? My V2 is now consuming oil and I never drove it hard in any way. My experience is this V2 leaks because I drive too easy. Seems like you want stats from only those who meet your criteria and have no problems with their V2. Sure does fit your therory that the V2 is not a failure.

Let's twist the stats now!
Trust me, ZeeForce wants your stats. You can look at the form on page 1 of this forum and PM ZeeForce (or post here) the following. I personally hope you fill this out. All data is good data. Note my sig if you think I am trying to prove the V2 motor is a champ.

Template:

(1) So Far So Good – Still Pending
(2) Some OC – Still Pending
(3) Still Pending
(4) Still Consuming
(5) Success

Oil Consumption:
Engine Install Date:
Engine part number:
Mileage on Engine:
Mileage on current oil change interval:
Oil Type/Brand/Weight:
Old 03-14-2008, 07:48 AM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
You act like the guy is getting paid by Nissan to make this sheet. He's not. He's doing it on his own time to help people who have this oil consumption problem.

Rather than crying foul over some kind of conspiracy, at least give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he looked over your post and forgot to take your experience into consideration.

The V2 is working for some people. It is not working for others. By taking down the data of what engines people are getting (and possibly breaking them in) we may be able to find out if there's a driver-related issue that's contributing to the new engine's failure.
Well said....As I have a life and other life's commitments too. He could always send a PM himself.

There's comments about our sources being BS. Fine whatever. There's actually been two posts here that indirectly discloses those sources. But as public forums go and opinions with them, it's been mentioned that my opinion is of no value. Fine, opinions are like A-holes...everybody has one.

To those members who remind me of spoiled children stomping their feet and whining bc Mommy won't give them their candy, I'll repeat what I said a long time ago....UOA is your friend...and also in this thread is mention who to use. Search for it.

Now back to what I get paid for..................

-edit-
Joe...good point and thanks for helping ZeeForce with posting that.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Z-Track

You are bias! You apparently don't want me, a failing V2 owner on your stats list. You send cheshirecat and Ztrack PMs for stats and not me? My V2 is now consuming oil and I never drove it hard in any way. My experience is this V2 leaks because I drive too easy. Seems like you want stats from only those who meet your criteria and have no problems with their V2. Sure does fit your therory that the V2 is not a failure.

Since I was called out and I do not like to be called out----

Couple of points -
A – I PM’d ZeeForce my original stats on Feb 8, 2008 – please look at the list on page 1 for the date to confirm
B – I never said that I was not consuming, mine is still pending – the first 500 miles I was down ½ quart but I look at that as a new (dry) engine and the dealership probably only put 5 quarts in rather than the 5 ¾ quarts that they were suppose to use.
C – Again take a look at the list on page 1 – stats for the cars --- there is a mixture of “OK” and “No Good” but in most cases even if the chart says “OK” the status is “Still Pending” – So there is not a firm theory of is it “Good” of “No Good”

Sometimes in life you have to take the initiative to do something, it is a part of growing up…….So PM your stats to ZeeForce.

ZeeForce a lot of us really appreciate you taking your personal time to compile all of this information. I would personally like to say “Thank you” to ZeeForce….

Last edited by Z-Track; 03-14-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Stormidoor

I'm 62 years old and not a baby but you can add me to the V2 no good stat.

Just got back from the dealer 1,000 mile test and it consumed one full quart!

What are my options - other than stomping feet? I frustrated that there is no V3 which is what the service manager told me point blank.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:30 PM
RBlover69

okay just for ***** and giggles did my oil change again because of a trip to tampa for some rims ..mobile 1 express shop 0w40 with synth filter...oil was at H. I dunno peps.....much love out to ya revup brothas.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:54 PM
ke0ki2k

Hey guys, just got my V2 in. How many miles should I put on the Z before I switch over to Mobile 1 full synthetic from this pennzoil?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:51 PM
ZeeForce

Sorry you feel that way, although I have been behind on sending stats list pm's out to new installees since ....errr...probably about mid January. I am very meticulous and spend a lot of time trolling the thread with a sheet of paper jotting down a members name when I see a post of new installed V2. I can see how you may interpret the bias opinion, because I skipped over you. I broke out of my pattern trying to keep the new members in chronological order of installed engine or posting here with notification.

tamdihugs77, you got mail.

I saw Z-Track and cheshirecat79 back to back posts of new engines and it was a quick hit on the template pm.

The last member I pm’d in chronological order of postings was: jason350z:

I still to need to send pm’s out to:

GATORZ
Mgnchakar
Wholey Smokes
350zxtaz
Wynd d z33
JoeyFyed
Myladyz33
myZter

ZPimp….oh yeh, he also got his pm, out of chronological order too….last week… any response??…No.….so foadb, regarding your comment as being biased…… as his consumed oil, as fast as oil spewing out of Jed Clampets back yard…..and he then went buy back. I knew this upfront from his postings. Did that stop me from sending out a pm to him and ready to add him to the stats list? …No… Biased …my ***…

MasterRacer
imseksy
Zsilverstone13

This is as far on the list that I have jotted names down for, like I said I have about mid January forward to catch up on.

cheshirecat79, joe blow xbox, 06CPV35, Z-Track. ….Thanks guys for chiming in.

Well there goes another night of not sending out any pm’s on install stats, due to…..

Cheers
-Curtis
Old 03-14-2008, 06:56 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by RBlover69
okay just for ***** and giggles did my oil change again because of a trip to tampa for some rims ..mobile 1 express shop 0w40 with synth filter...oil was at H. I dunno peps.....much love out to ya revup brothas.
The offer still stands, I will split the cost on a UOA with you to see how your internals are sealing... I am confident they are looking very good.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Stormidoor

I guess you are the glory hog. I'd like to get my waste of a V2 on the stats. Are you going to exclude me too?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:55 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by Stormidoor
I'm 62 years old and not a baby but you can add me to the V2 no good stat.
Just got back from the dealer 1,000 mile test and it consumed one full quart!

What are my options - other than stomping feet? I frustrated that there is no V3 which is what the service manager told me point blank.
I guess you are the glory hog. I'd like to get my waste of a V2 on the stats. Are you going to exclude me too?

I will disregard the first sentence of your last post, as you are probably a really nice person, and not the type to make assumptions/guesses about someone on your second post.

I saw your first post ^^ and would have pm’d you in chronological order after catching up from the members that have posted receipt of new engines in mid January, onward to the present day. As I stated above I am meticulous in trolling the thread for new installee’s, and would have not missed your post when the time came to catch up to current day posts. You could have always grabbed the template from the first page and pm’d me, or waited until I sent you a pm with the definitions of the stats data and how to fill it out.

Welcome to the thread …you got mail.

Cheers
-Curtis
Old 03-15-2008, 04:19 AM
Stormidoor

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
I will disregard the first sentence of your last post, as you are probably a really nice person, and not the type to make assumptions/guesses about someone on your second post.

I saw your first post ^^ and would have pm’d you in chronological order after catching up from the members that have posted receipt of new engines in mid January, onward to the present day. As I stated above I am meticulous in trolling the thread for new installee’s, and would have not missed your post when the time came to catch up to current day posts. You could have always grabbed the template from the first page and pm’d me, or waited until I sent you a pm with the definitions of the stats data and how to fill it out.

Welcome to the thread …you got mail.

Cheers
-Curtis
Thank you Curtis - I'm just being facetious! Reading these posts is somewhat amusing

I'll see what I can do in filling out the form and responding to your PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:33 AM
Stormidoor

For the Stats Man -

Oil Consumption: 20mm
Engine Install Date: Oct 2007
Engine part number: 10102-AC7MZ
Mileage on Engine: 7,4200
Mileage on current oil change interval: 2,200
Oil Type/Brand/Weight: dealer oil (don’t know)

There is an incorrect assertion on the instructions that the dipstick between L and H is 1 quart. It’s actually holds more than a quart between L and H.

I also don’t see “No Good” as an option on the list. Only
(1) So Far So Good – Still Pending
(2) Some OC – Still Pending
(3) Still Pending
(4) Still Consuming
(5) Success

This does not give those of us have a “no good” motor an option and many will state “still consuming”. Still consuming doesn’t make sense to me. It is either within the TSB or no good (time to replace the motor).

I’m also frustrated that the dealer says there are no V3s. There are a lot of people on the stats list with a “no good” and either have to sell or buy back I assume unless they want to chance it again with another V2. Is that correct?
Old 03-15-2008, 04:49 AM
tamdihugs77

I agree with stormidoor…

There needs to be an option for “no good”

Here are my stats –
Oil Consumption: 15-18mm
Engine Install Date: Early September 2007
Mileage on Engine: 8,700
Mileage on current oil change interval: 2,000
Oil Type/Brand/Weight: standard 5/30

I don’t appreciate the “baby” comments. I’m not a baby either. I’m 52 years old and a female btw.

Some of you like to hit the “ignore” button when you don’t like what some else has to say about the truth and that is the V2 is a failure. Good luck yall who decide to keep this piece of crap.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:19 AM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
The offer still stands, I will split the cost on a UOA with you to see how your internals are sealing... I am confident they are looking very good.
im down, are there places locally in orlando that will offer this type of service?
Old 03-15-2008, 05:21 AM
Stormidoor

I agree with stormidoor…

Here are my stats –
How fast was your buyback?
Old 03-15-2008, 05:29 AM
RBlover69

hey im sorry to hear that, ...but not all are failures my friend has a revup also with no oil consumption. But hes not active on these boards only for purcahsing mods but we did testing on his aswell and he has a V1!!!!!!. So far so good with my v2 thank god maybey the district attorneys comments on my situation to nissan directly got me a good motor lmao. It pays to know people all im saying lol!!.

BUt im down for a oil test ..it would also help me understand why 0w40 showed so much good results via resoulte in this engine. And when i road race give me a idea of how this weight is performing so far this oil is showing good stuff but , honeslty its really the engine just performing to as expected to tell the truth. One thing is for certain the v-2 def performed better then my v1 in tests with my friends HR being alot closer in races and even swtiching drivers ...preety odd if you ask me or is it do to no damaged in the engine with this one caused by oil depravation ...the world may never know.

I agree with stormidoor…

Here are my stats –
Oil Consumption: 15-18mm
Engine Install Date: Early September 2007
Mileage on Engine: 8,700
Mileage on current oil change interval: 2,000
Oil Type/Brand/Weight: standard 5/30

I don’t appreciate the “baby” comments. I’m not a baby either. I’m 52 years old and a female btw.

Some of you like to hit the “ignore” button when you don’t like what some else has to say about the truth and that is the V2 is a failure. Good luck yall who decide to keep this piece of crap.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:45 AM
tamdihugs77

How fast was your buyback?
Not long - I had a case open with Nissan Consumer Affairs and they have all my paperwork from the dealer so it should only take a few weeks.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:48 AM
tamdihugs77

[QUOTE=RBlover69]hey im sorry to hear that, ...but not all are failures my friend has a revup also with no oil consumption. But hes not active on these boards only for purcahsing mods but we did testing on his aswell and he has a V1!!!!!!. So far so good with my v2 thank god maybey the district attorneys comments on my situation to nissan directly got me a good motor lmao. It pays to know people all im saying lol!!.QUOTE]

Oooo I don't know how the DA's comments will get you a better V2. I think they're all the same. Same part number anyway. I wouldn't trust the V2. Lot of folk here have failures. You better get a lifetime warranty! lol
Old 03-15-2008, 09:46 AM
RBlover69

i got a life time warranty and no oil consumption , so right now im concentrating on mods and getting revups to 300rwhp tuned. lol

Waiting for home boy with the UAO im def down for going half on that depending on price lol and location

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion