Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 02:31 AM
MechaGodzilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never received any call back from Nissan. Thats why I went the BBB route.
I don't think they will do much for you unless you go through the BBB.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:39 PM
RBlover69

update people but first

db, any info on how your engines doing. I went through final repair attemt and arbitration through the bbb and mailed the district attorney also, and the engine from japan was finally expressed to universal nissan where my car is due to get the new hand built engine monday. After that , we will do a oil comsumption test again after wards after it is broken in and then if it works then I CAN FINALLY BUY A MOD. if not then we proceed with lemon law and getting myself into a HR. But honeslty, im kinda having a attachment to the whole revup thing lol, some crazy expriences with this car that i havent had with my previous Z. And im stilll on a mission to do 300rwhp when im done with these issues but.....oh well, lets see how it goes guys.Back to the grinder. BTW there loaning me a car,...i specially told t hem can i not have a 10k beater my z was 38k i want a fking car made in the same year. Last time these ***** gave me a mazda 6 auto it was ghey as fck.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:54 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by RBlover69
update people but first

db, any info on how your engines doing. I went through final repair attemt and arbitration through the bbb and mailed the district attorney also, and the engine from japan was finally expressed to universal nissan where my car is due to get the new hand built engine monday. After that , we will do a oil comsumption test again after wards after it is broken in and then if it works then I CAN FINALLY BUY A MOD. if not then we proceed with lemon law and getting myself into a HR. But honeslty, im kinda having a attachment to the whole revup thing lol, some crazy expriences with this car that i havent had with my previous Z. And im stilll on a mission to do 300rwhp when im done with these issues but.....oh well, lets see how it goes guys.Back to the grinder. BTW there loaning me a car,...i specially told t hem can i not have a 10k beater my z was 38k i want a fking car made in the same year. Last time these ***** gave me a mazda 6 auto it was ghey as fck.
I am at 2600 miles since I topped it off and it is sitting just below the halfway mark between L and H. Has moved very little since the 2000 mile mark if at all. I am sure I will be reporting 1/2 down at 3000 miles, which is certainly better than 2.5 - 3 quarts per 3000 miles.

Still, for a brand new engine, that is a little concerning especially considering the miles have been 95% highway cruising (Trip to Charlotte and then my daily drive is from Champions Gate to the the Millenia Mall area).
Old 07-05-2007, 05:55 AM
Theatrix
Professional

Update on 3rd engine replaced 06/25/07. I'm not certain if this is the handbuilt or not. The dealer doesn't know! NNA is not returning my phone calls at the moment.

300 miles in and down 1/4 qt. Could be burn in so I'm not concerned at the moment. I'm no longer optimistic so I'm just waiting it out. I'm not going to accept another engine if this does not do the trick.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:09 AM
MechaGodzilla

That Sucks! If my engine doesn't fix this issue I'm going straight to arbitration.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:04 AM
leozim

went to the dealer and did the oil consumption test. after 1000 miles, my engine is a 1 quart less confirming oil consumption issue. i only have 10900 on my engine. dealer said i have to do 2 more test to confirm issue. i only have a pop charger and exhaust upgrade.

i notice though, after changing and refilling oil, i check the level and it seems that they overfilled it. the oil level was like 1/4 inch to 1/2 above the H level. i spoke with my service advisor regarding the finding but it was already too late for me to go back to the dealer. he told me to come back on monday so he could check it himself.

the only thing is, i feel like im getting screwed. i thinking they intended to overfill it so that when i come back after 1000 miles, the level will still be between the L and H or at least on normal level. hopefully not but thats how i feel. im thinking after the 3 test on this dealer and if they say i don't have an oil consumption issue, ill go to different a dealer to redo the test.

any advice, suggestion, comments?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:11 AM
MechaGodzilla

yeah, file a complaint with the BBB. There is no reason for you to have more tests. The result will not change.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:11 AM
arejohn

Originally Posted by leozim
went to the dealer and did the oil consumption test. after 1000 miles, my engine is a 1 quart less confirming oil consumption issue. i only have 10900 on my engine. dealer said i have to do 2 more test to confirm issue. i only have a pop charger and exhaust upgrade.

i notice though, after changing and refilling oil, i check the level and it seems that they overfilled it. the oil level was like 1/4 inch to 1/2 above the H level. i spoke with my service advisor regarding the finding but it was already too late for me to go back to the dealer. he told me to come back on monday so he could check it himself.

the only thing is, i feel like im getting screwed. i thinking they intended to overfill it so that when i come back after 1000 miles, the level will still be between the L and H or at least on normal level. hopefully not but thats how i feel. im thinking after the 3 test on this dealer and if they say i don't have an oil consumption issue, ill go to different a dealer to redo the test.

Sounds like the dealers pulling a fast one on you. When you take it back, GET THE OVERFILL DOCUMENTED ON A REPAIR ORDER. Go yo the service manager or general manager if necessary.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:39 PM
leozim

Originally Posted by reboot
yeah, file a complaint with the BBB. There is no reason for you to have more tests. The result will not change.
what do you mean by BBB?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Forever Z

I'm not going to flame you. I'm just not like that. But just a word of advice. Anytime you can't figure out an acronym that everyone seems to be using just google it
Old 07-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Bat Z

Performance Nissan(Duarte CA-Thanks John) just installed my new motor and I picked it up Saturday. I hope this solves my problems. Will keep you posted.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:48 AM
deviljon

i burned through 4 quarts and it's almost time for my scheduled oil change. this is ridiculous.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:27 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, i've been reading through this thread, and most of what i've noticed are '06 M/Ts with the oil consumption issue... does it happen on A/Ts? i know the tranny has nothing to do with engine oil, but i've noticed complaints are all on M/Ts..

thnx
Old 07-09-2007, 04:35 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The Auto's Dont Have The Same Motor

Originally Posted by TheLord
Guys, i've been reading through this thread, and most of what i've noticed are '06 M/Ts with the oil consumption issue... does it happen on A/Ts? i know the tranny has nothing to do with engine oil, but i've noticed complaints are all on M/Ts..

thnx
This only applies to the REV-UP 298HP motors for the anniversary edition 6 speed 2005 Z's, the 6speed 2005 G's and Up.Manual Tranny's only. I think there may have been one guy with an auto in this entire thread that had oil consumption but... he was force inducted (turbo) though. Its a pain in izzazz but read the entire forum...best 30-45 minutes you can do for your car.

Update..my new handbuilt motor from Japan has survived a 2000 mile round trip to St.Louis, a few AutoX's, and my daily beating on it and it has not burned a drop..(fingers crossed)...I am going to try to go full synthetic again, since the issue seems to be fix..(6800) miles. From this thread, full sythetic seems to burn faster than regular weighted oils. (anyone agree with that?) I am now running 100% OEM Pensoil. Will update after Full Syn has a few miles on it.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:49 AM
MechaGodzilla

I'll second the synthetic buring faster. I did burn more Royal Purple then standard oil.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:51 AM
MechaGodzilla

Leozim,

Better Business Bureau
Old 07-09-2007, 05:06 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I ran Mobile 1 from day one.

I'll second the synthetic buring faster. I did burn more Royal Purple then standard oil.
I couldnt compare standard vs synthetic because I ran Mobile1 Full Synthetic from the week I bought my car.

thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 05:48 AM
RBlover69

update handbuilt engine goes in today....so lets see how this engine performs. Hopefully my dyno of 251 stays at that level i would be pissed if it sig decreased. As my revup was a powerfull little ***** moreso then my 05 ...hung with HRs alot better then the 287 also. So well see. Driving a 07 xterra now. The horror. AWD and no fear of bumps are cool though.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:08 AM
leozim

Leozim,

Better Business Bureau
thank you... did some search last night and looks like there is a long processing time. but whatever it takes to get this issue fix ill do it. thanks again.

i checked my oil this morning, remember i posted last saturday that i just did my consumption test and i was 1 quart less after 1000 miles. and when they did my change oil i notice that they overfilled my engine. oil was like a quarter of an inch to 1/2 inch above the "H" level on the dipstick. i called my service advisor but it was too late to go back to the dealer so he just told me to come back today. anyways i checkes it this morning, now the oil is a couple of centimeters above the H level after a 100 miles. im not really sure how much quart i've lost, but still, that's a very significant amount for only 100 miles after the last oil change. i'll be calling them up right now to notify my service adviser about this. wish me luck ill be stopping by the dealership after work..... will keep you guys posted and hopefully they already found the problem and resolve it.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:17 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by leozim

were you getting the reading while the engine was hot? Sometimes I get weird readings if I dont let the oil cool down and come out of the heads. You think it would be less but it splashes or something.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion