Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

pulstar plugs dyno run RESULTS..

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:22 AM
SteveZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give it up, butt-wipe. You obviously don't know the meaning of the word, and since when is using a dictionary a bad thing? No wonder you're ignorant.

The plugs are unproven, period. My hypothesis is that they suck, and I expect time will bear that out to be true.

What is a FACT and not conjecture is the NGK plugs produce outstanding results, are reliable and safe, and very inexpensive. Comparing my choice to stay the course with what Nissan uses in Motorsports and have served me well for almost 20 years to Medieval Astronomy just shows your Logic synapses are not firing on all cylinders.

At least make relevant comparisons, Copernicus, if you're going to attempt to advance your point of view. Fact is their ads are ********, plugs do not have 20 times more power than another plug, since plugs do not produce power, they use power to enable combustion. They also imply that "something" has been verified by independent labs but do not cite what or the source.

If anything, they're just treading down the well-worn path of hucksters. Bosch Quad-Plats, Splitfires, and a bunch of other non-conventional plugs have had their extravagant claims disproven - Quad plats were also almost $20-25 a plug when they hit the market, now they're not even $10.

Market votes with the $$$, and my $$$ say they're full of ****. Go look at the guts of an F1 motor - nearly 100% if not all use a very conventional construction plug, most Champions, manufactured to very strict tolerances due to the minimal clearance, they cost about $100/plug and the technology is very conventional - quality control is the issue, not Plasma Ray Gun plugs.

With the F1 team's R&D budgets, do you really think they would use inferior technology? These are just more junk designed to play on the consumer, and the next person who says they feel a "midrange bump" and post a dyno w/o any increase should be flogged.

As has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread, you're hopeless, Dude, go buy a set and let us know how much POWER you feel from your new 10x more expensive plugs - oh, and don't forget to put it in your sig line.

"Butt-dynos tell Rice Lies"
Old 05-11-2008, 11:25 AM
pushing4wardbac

I'm running pretty rich at the moment, I wonder if these plugs would lean me out with little or no other work.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:23 PM
bigbudd

i have just read all 6 pages. what a chore since i'm not sure i learned anything other than how a spark plug works, i think.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Shadrackc

What are you Steve? 12? Butt-wipe? What a joke. Any idiot can look up the meaning of a word and paste it on here to promote his implied intelligence. NGK....NGK...NGK.....man, tunnel vision or what. I think that what you are saying is pretty smart, and very factual, it is your delivery that sucks.
Grow up.
Stop insulting people cause all it does is show your own ignorance.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbudd
i have just read all 6 pages. what a chore since i'm not sure i learned anything other than how a spark plug works, i think.
lol same here bro.. I just got the new super street (not sure exactly) with the entire article on the GTR and tokyo auto salon etc.. yada yada and and while i'm flipping the through the pages i see these wonder plugs and a buddy of mine says ya see there ya go slap those in a see what happens. still havent gotten them!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:17 PM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by Shadrackc
What are you Steve? 12? Butt-wipe? What a joke. Any idiot can look up the meaning of a word and paste it on here to promote his implied intelligence. NGK....NGK...NGK.....man, tunnel vision or what. I think that what you are saying is pretty smart, and very factual, it is your delivery that sucks.
Grow up.
Stop insulting people cause all it does is show your own ignorance.
"Stop insulting people...<shows you're ignorant.>" Can't see the contradiction there?

From your post, all I hear from you is insults:
1. I act like I am 12
2. I am an idiot who cuts/pastes to look smart
3. I have tunnel vision
4. My delivery sucks
5. I need to "grow up"

Pretty long list for a guy saying "Stop Insulting People". Sounds more like a 12 year old idiot with tunnel vision who needs to grow up and work on his delivery.

My opinions are formed by over 15 years of working with Nissans and 25 years involvement in Motorsports, including FB/Formula Atlantic, IMSA, and ALMS. Cut and paste has nothing to do with it. As for "NGK tunnel vision", show me solid evidence anyone else makes a plug better for the VQ35DE (better defined by performance, reliability, cost, availability, etc.). If you can, it ain't going to be a Pulsar or some other gimmicky POS.

I'll work on my delivery...a valid critique. Let me know how it works for you
Old 05-12-2008, 01:24 PM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by pushing4wardbac
I'm running pretty rich at the moment, I wonder if these plugs would lean me out with little or no other work.
https://my350z.com/forum/tuning-448/

Do it once, do it right. The price of these plugs goes a long ways toward a COBB AP or many other options for effective EM, including correcting rish conditions, although that may just be a function of how much time you spend at WOT
Old 05-12-2008, 01:24 PM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by pushing4wardbac
https://my350z.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=448

Do it once, do it right. The price of these plugs goes a long ways toward a COBB AP or many other options for effective EM, including correcting rich conditions, although that may just be a function of how much time you spend at WOT
Old 05-13-2008, 05:18 AM
Shadrackc

Steve, I come here to be informed.
Am I a hypocrite? When you find me insulting people that didn't deserve it, or who were just asking questions, then you can call me that. I targeted you because you seem to have a habit of trying to make others feel stupid for their questions. Isn't that what forums are for? To ask questions, and hopefully have people with the answers not make you feel like an idiot?
From what I see on there there are a lot of people that get off calling others "noobs" or various other names. I just don't find that acceptable, especially from someone who seems to be a pretty intelligent person like yourself.
I want to get input from guys like you without getting the sting of an insult.
Did I fire back at you? For sure, look at your messages Steve? You may know more about Nissans, Z's, etc, than others, but that doesn't make you smarter than anyone else as I'm pretty sure in my line of work I could talk circles around you.
So I guess I regress to your level.
If it gets you to be a little easier on others with your messages then I have no problem with it.
I don't attack people with stupid questions with insults. If I did, then you can say that what I wrote was a contradiction.
I have tried to stop people from doing that on these forums because there are a lot of people who just say "screw it" and quit without giving us the benefit of their stories and problems.
Hope that makes sense.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:33 AM
Ziggyrama

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shadrackc
Steve, I come here to be informed.
Am I a hypocrite? When you find me insulting people that didn't deserve it, or who were just asking questions, then you can call me that. I targeted you because you seem to have a habit of trying to make others feel stupid for their questions. Isn't that what forums are for? To ask questions, and hopefully have people with the answers not make you feel like an idiot?
From what I see on there there are a lot of people that get off calling others "noobs" or various other names. I just don't find that acceptable, especially from someone who seems to be a pretty intelligent person like yourself.
I want to get input from guys like you without getting the sting of an insult.
Did I fire back at you? For sure, look at your messages Steve? You may know more about Nissans, Z's, etc, than others, but that doesn't make you smarter than anyone else as I'm pretty sure in my line of work I could talk circles around you.
So I guess I regress to your level.
If it gets you to be a little easier on others with your messages then I have no problem with it.
I don't attack people with stupid questions with insults. If I did, then you can say that what I wrote was a contradiction.
I have tried to stop people from doing that on these forums because there are a lot of people who just say "screw it" and quit without giving us the benefit of their stories and problems.
Hope that makes sense.
Well said. The superiority complex is a disease of these forums, not just my350z.com. It seems to be a constant once a forum reaches a certain size. I never got why calling someone a noob was necessary. We can all read the post count label and draw our own conclusions.

But I digress....I keep seeing statements in pulstar threads that state that the plugs make you run lean/rich. I am yet to get a good explanation why do people think spark plugs can alter car fueling. For you gurus, answer that one for me. Get as technical as you'd like. Also, please don't quote dyno pulls with clipped WBO2s that show the AFR change. Let's talk combustion cycle facts and theory. I say the spark plug cannot alter your fueling.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Shadrackc

See that is a great question. Is there a more complete burn with the pulstar plugs? Is there any sense in that statement? LOL. It would make sense to me that the quicker the burn, the more complete the explosion in the cylinder, the more power. Maybe that is over simplifying things, but in the IT world the simplest solutions seem to be the norm. I'm just trying to apply that here.
I don't know why there hasn't been someone with the resources to do a real comparison between all the different plugs in a Z. Do a proper test under the same conditions. Prove or disprove this once and for all.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Subninja
Banned

Default Pulstar Pulse Plugs. Are they worth it?

Here is some videos and research I have found. I will allow you to make your own assumptions. Post what you think.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RI3Pjpq2UeQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RI3Pjpq2UeQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxATM56b2eg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxATM56b2eg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gJXfg3DksCA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gJXfg3DksCA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...c/4296197.html

http://www.2odyssey.com/news/Modifie...%20Grounds.pdf

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...work-4020.html

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25/...eo-pics-56051/

https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/3447...n-results.html

In my opinion I wouldn't install these plugs unless you can get a tune or your car is rich. In theory they would seem to work. At the moment my car is fairly rich for an N/A car (11.8-12.2 to 1) so I will try installing a 1/2 spacer and mrev2 to see if that leans it out closer to 12.7-13.1 to 1)
Old 02-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Gag83

sounds like marketing hype to me
Old 02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
A.H

The marketing hype is actually much different then what they state. This shoudl be their new slogan

"Easiest Way to burn a hole in your pistons!!!!! Come and get our patented Pulstar Plug Technology!!!"

http://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-dy...lugs-junk.html
Old 02-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Z04

this has been discussed numerous times already. plus you linked an already existant thread in this same subject so why start another one?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:08 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Thumbs up

Threads Merged

Thanks
Todd