Old 10-10-2003, 12:34 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh you dont know the half of it
Old 10-10-2003, 12:40 PM
350zdanny

Chebosto -

I actually just read the whole thread from start to finish. Please accept my apology. I must have misread your last couple post.

Dan
Old 10-10-2003, 01:40 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

itsok.

if you got questions about the ECU, just ask me.. email me or something.. i dont bite...

haha.

well.. ihtbb might ;P

Originally posted by 350zdanny
Chebosto -

I actually just read the whole thread from start to finish. Please accept my apology. I must have misread your last couple post.

Dan
Old 10-10-2003, 02:33 PM
MATIX

Originally posted by lowrider
With that being said. Let's leave J alone. I, for one, believe him. No reason not to. TSI Guys - Go start a new thread about how great you are, and leave this thread alone.

Lou
Why do you always have a condescending attitude?? All you guys were more than happy to rag on TS with rude immature comments....any comments here made by guys with the TS ecu are civil, and are perfectly valid questions. This is a forum for debate and where people voice hteir opinions. theres no need for you to keep making sarcastic remarks about TS, and then contradict yourself and say how its the TS guys who are being jerks.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:26 PM
apsilon

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
if i had said that they would ahve reported me, ive been wanting to point out theres supposed to be other cars with it now so why do they need to use his.
To be fair IIRC Daytona has had it fitted and reported that he was happy with it but AFAIK he hasn't posted his dyno charts. I don't know of any others that have installed it.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:44 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

also note that daytona is selling his car.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:43 AM
spazpilot

I rag on cheston along time ago about the ts ecu. I have to apologize. sorry ches. now about this ecu. this has to be the biggest peace of crap i have seen yet. its been going on for ever and there are no dynos nothing. if you believe that someone is going to make an ecu upgrade that is going to make 20hp, I have some good property to sell you!!!! I had doubts about the ts ecu but it has prove numbers. even jet will show you numbers. hell i would rather buy that vortech ecu bull they are selling on ebay before this. everyone rag on technos, but it seems to me that they are being nice on this smt ecu. imo i don't think people should even consider putting this crap on there car. people are asking valid questions and then I here be nice, whats up with that? I say is thrash the makers of the smt ecu till we see numbers or drop this thing. I will apologize to them if I see numbers and proven wrong but as for now ..........
Old 10-11-2003, 10:00 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

thats how i feel about this whole thing too
im just waiting till its all done with to laugh and poke fun.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:33 PM
all_bark

Originally posted by spazpilot
I rag on cheston along time ago about the ts ecu. I have to apologize. sorry ches. now about this ecu. this has to be the biggest peace of crap i have seen yet. its been going on for ever and there are no dynos nothing. if you believe that someone is going to make an ecu upgrade that is going to make 20hp, I have some good property to sell you!!!! I had doubts about the ts ecu but it has prove numbers. even jet will show you numbers. hell i would rather buy that vortech ecu bull they are selling on ebay before this. everyone rag on technos, but it seems to me that they are being nice on this smt ecu. imo i don't think people should even consider putting this crap on there car. people are asking valid questions and then I here be nice, whats up with that? I say is thrash the makers of the smt ecu till we see numbers or drop this thing. I will apologize to them if I see numbers and proven wrong but as for now ..........
so you ragged on Cheston a long time ago and NOW you decide to apologize (in this thread), but to keep some sort of rag going you now decide it is time to rag on this "potential" ecu upgrade because it is not out yet. Maybe this guy has stuff in his life he is dealing with. If you read the entire thread, which I doubt, when he does post info he has stated that it is a part time thing for him as he has a real job that keeps him REAL BUSY.

anyway, who the hell are you? back before the TS ecu came out there were disbelievers and then when it came out there were people who disliked its minimal hp gains. Which type of a ragger where you? A non-believer or an angry idiot because they didn't produce what you wanted out of the ecu. (if I was chebosto I would tell you to **** off and I would not accept your apology) Now that this one is in the works you decide because it is taking to long that it is worth ragging on.

Dude, wake the **** up! People like you **** me off. Bob Barker asked valid questions, you just talk $hit. When this comes out (if it does) I guess in somebody elses thread maybe you will apologize to the makers of this (if it comes out). (and once again I would tell you to **** OFF!)

I apologize to everyone else for my anger on this but who the hell is this ahole?

Last edited by all_bark; 10-11-2003 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:13 PM
spazpilot

all_bark

First of all I really don't care what will happen on this ecu. I am planning on going TT. So technos ecu or this one will not benifit me considering both will increase timing and lean fuel curve. Not something I need for a FI setup. All I am stating is that people should not believe that they will be getting 20rwhp from an ecu upgrade. If this is his part time gig maybe he should give up and let someone else take over the project. there were statements made that there should be around 10 of these on the road and all I would like to see is results. now for my ragging on cheston. the situation there only had to do with the simple fact that you do not have to upgrade the ecu to see gains for bolt ons NOT HIS PRODUCT.I felt he deserved an apology due to the fact the people gave him more crap about his product compared to this one and his ecu upgrade works with proven dynos. weather he accepts it or not it does not matter. he just never told people that they will gain 30+ hp an TQ IF you can't remember here is the first line of the thread

j's350z quote:

My car was on the dyno all day today getting the SMT6 tuned and all I can say is that we are EXTREMELY HAPPY with the results. We gained over 15 peak hp and over 18 peak ft lbs. of tq. and a whopping 32+hp gain and 34+ft.lb.tq. gain at 4900 rpm's.. We are very excited to bring you this piggyback ecu very very soon. I will have more pics and driving reviews in the days to come. I will also have more info and of course pricing in the very near future. Please check out our websites to view the dyno results! Notice the gains throughout the whole rpm range... And yes, this was done in 5th gear. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by spazpilot; 10-11-2003 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:10 PM
spazpilot

all_bark

I just wanted to let you know that I have sat down and read this entire thread. J has still not answered the a/f question from bobbarker or anyone elses questions except for the fact that he keeps on finding 5 more hp here and there. this thread made me laugh harder and harder and I bet you believed every little bit. Man please don't let people take you for your money. our a/f on a normally stock z is 13.3:1. at 16 the motor would blow up. it never ran 16 from the factory. j's car was in the shop i bet for a new motor, not minnor problems. thats why he had to bring it back to stock. why is he selling his car if this is such a great product. if I am not mistaken we all have the window problem etc... man believe what you want but unless I see real dynos from a stock z to one with only the smt ecu this not for real. By the way my 350z dynoed 337rwhp and 220tq at 13.3:1 a/f and all I have is the underdrive pullies on it
Old 10-11-2003, 04:54 PM
all_bark

all those comments you just laid out are legitimate. And yes the numbers he said may be BS but dam, you came down so hard for what reason? Because he is claiming something that he has not showed proof of yet?

OK, fair enough, then ask him to show proof and I bet if/when he gets back around to this project that he indead will show us the proof. If he does not, well then, I guess we do not get this new ecu.

From a stand point of people who are realistically trying to improve the Z, I stand behind them even if they only SAY they got something. Maybe its BS but then again maybe it isnot.

Give the guy a chance.

BTW - I appreciate you staying civil even though I jumped on you pretty hard. You definitely changed my mind about you! thanks, but once again, give these people who are trying (key word is trying) to make the Z a better car a break! Enough said.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:01 PM
spazpilot

all_bark

shoot man no sweat I just don't want to see people get raped for money that they work hard for. I have been modifying cars for good time now and its just when i read someone has a ecu upgrade that will show 30hp increase it drives meet nuts . that was really the point I am trying to make. Now, if this is true......... then show me some proof thats all i ask for
Old 10-11-2003, 06:36 PM
MATIX

If you look at the hp numbers on the Z they dynoed which had the SMT ecu, PE exhaust, and Crawford intake plenum, the ecu is actually making 0-2hp.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:25 AM
j's350z

I am sorry that I haven't been on the boards lately to respond to all of your questions and comments. Once again, for the many of you that met me and have seen the smt6 installed, including Smithtown Nissan, I assure you that it is legit. It is indeed taking us longer than we anticipated to release but we are not going to release something with our name unless we stand behind it 100 %.. And in due time we will. This will be my last post on this thread and I will ask a moderator to close it since it has clearly gone off track. I will start a new tread as many of you asked as soon as I have more info.
Thanks to all of you that have supported me from day 1.
Jason
Old 10-12-2003, 12:40 AM
apsilon

I agree it's gone off track in some places but there are still a lot of unanswered questions and we're just going to ask them again in the new thread.

All we'd like to know is have the other cars been installed and can we see their before and after dyno charts? I don't think that's too much to ask.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:44 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

can i have last post?
Old 10-12-2003, 06:13 AM
2003z

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
can i have last post?
no
Old 10-12-2003, 09:32 AM
MY350Z.COM