Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Perfect Power ECU update!!! WOW !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 08:42 PM
apsilon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason (and Chebosto), out of interest what's the max injector duty cycle you saw on a stock Z and what was it with your programs?
Old 08-01-2003, 05:35 AM
j's350z

We have not measured the duty cycle yet of the stock injectors. We plan on it when we start developing the maps for the procharger to see if the stock injectors can handle it. We will then decide if larger injectors are neccesary. When we start tuning for the procharger, we anticipate using a secondary map sensor to provide boost dependant fuel and ignition maps.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:42 AM
j's350z

I just want to say Barnicleboy has no affiliation with mrcmotorsports or myself! He is just an excited potential buyer of our product. I do not promote flaming on my threads. . I also no that techno square has a decent product, but also one that is different than ours. To each their own...
Old 08-01-2003, 05:56 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

Originally posted by j's350z
The car definetaly has more power everywhere but it is ALOT more noticable from 3800 or so and up. It just pulls harder and pushes you back in your seat more... Last night I had major traction problems with 2nd gear. Don't forget I still have a base model with no lsd. It may be time to get the Kazz or Cusco lsd. Also launching isn't that easy with all that tq. I spun (not chirped)2nd gear all 3 runs so my times were 14.1, 14.2, 14.3. The problem is that when I shift into 2nd and drop the clutch, the car drops down to around 4000 rpms, and thats one of the areas that I picked up 25 lbs of tq... Maybe drag radials next ...
Hey Jason, I got the base and can run 13.8 at island dragway. the trick is to launch at 2400 rpm, and dont spin the wheels, spinnig wheels = no traction. you should get a smooth launch with the clutch if you slip it and do it right. dump it with the rpm too low and it will bog down, dump it with the rpm too higha nd it will spin. Also most people dont know but you can take off on the third yellow light when drag racing, you dont wait for the green.

anyway the lsd shouldnt pose problem on the strip, only on the track. I ran 13.891 @101 mph. and 14.0 all day. Thats with stock tires and stock pressure. I dont know buyt I guess im a good shifter. I used to drag allot.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:09 AM
CarFanatic

Does this ecu come with softeware? Meaningcan load the softeware on to my computer, and be able to have full tunablity on my own? I'm looking for a fully tunable ecu, like the aem ems,which isn't made for are car. I ouwld like to be able to go to a dyno and tune my car on my own. No to cars are the same, which is why its nice to be ablet to tune each one individually.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:12 AM
j's350z

The problem is at raceway park you can only get 3 runs in like 5 hours. I need to practice my launch. Also, I can'y get 2nd gear to hook up. My best time to date is a 13.90@ 101 and that was just with a popcharger. That was also a day I had 5 runs. We were thinking of going to Island tonight if it doesn't rain. If not, I might go next weds, hopefully with 2 more cars with my ecu installed.... I'll let you know....
Old 08-01-2003, 06:26 AM
j's350z

Originally posted by CarFanatic
Does this ecu come with softeware? Meaningcan load the softeware on to my computer, and be able to have full tunablity on my own? I'm looking for a fully tunable ecu, like the aem ems,which isn't made for are car. I ouwld like to be able to go to a dyno and tune my car on my own. No to cars are the same, which is why its nice to be ablet to tune each one individually.
The SMT6 is available in a developers kit which is alot more expensive. It includes a blank box with all the software. We will sell it on its own but it will not include our maps which took us many hours to create. Tuning it requires a knowlegable tuner as well as a top of the line wideband o2 setup. If you are intersted in buying a developers kit, please email me for more info
Old 08-01-2003, 06:36 AM
Paolo

Default procharger maps

j's350z,

I am interested in the unit after you have the procharger maps, since I already have the procharger on my car. Let me know when that is available, thanx.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:03 AM
Zaphod 350z

Originally posted by j's350z
The problem is at raceway park you can only get 3 runs in like 5 hours. I need to practice my launch. Also, I can'y get 2nd gear to hook up. My best time to date is a 13.90@ 101 and that was just with a popcharger. That was also a day I had 5 runs. We were thinking of going to Island tonight if it doesn't rain. If not, I might go next weds, hopefully with 2 more cars with my ecu installed.... I'll let you know....
Might I suggest some VHT traction compound and a G-Tech Pro. Spray VHT on your tires to mimic the stickiness of the track. Use a G-Tech as a comparison tool. The numbers may not be accurate, but you can measure your 0 - 60 and see what changes in your technique yield in terms of time.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:19 AM
My_Tampa_Z

Question:

I am not interested in doing my own tuning but I would like to be able to hook up my laptop to the port and see various readings just for fun. Will that be possible?
Old 08-01-2003, 07:21 AM
CarFanatic

This system reminds me alot of the hondata, inthefact that you burn chips to adjust the fuel and timing. I wish there was a company out there that would make a system, that would offer base tunes to get you running, then have the abillity to further tune your car for best perfromance do to your set up. I'm praying aem will make an ecu, but so far the perfect opwer ecu seems to have he best advatage so far. This ecu can accept lambda or fjo wide band? I like the fact that it data logs, very help full in street tuning.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:38 AM
j's350z

Originally posted by CarFanatic
I wish there was a company out there that would make a system, that would offer base tunes to get you running, then have the abillity to further tune your car for best perfromance do to your set up. I'm praying aem will make an ecu, but so far the perfect opwer ecu seems to have he best advatage so far.
This might be a possibility in the future but we would have to see what to sell it for. By letting you tune it yourself off of our maps, you have to be able to see our maps, which took us many hours and alot of money to develop. I can probably sell you the software though to datalog. I haven't thought about pricing for that yet. I will see if I can post on our site one of my runs at the track that I datalogged.... I will be offering to local people the ability to tune it to their specific car in the future. Its not that cheap though since you have to install an additional o2 sensor pre-cat and then dyno tune it. This will be the advantage of living in the northeast. I will be able to do this for anyone that wants to drive to central New Jersey. I will keep everyone informed as we learn more....
Old 08-01-2003, 08:59 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by My_Tampa_Z
Question:

I am not interested in doing my own tuning but I would like to be able to hook up my laptop to the port and see various readings just for fun. Will that be possible?
I do that now with autotap.

www.autotap.com

I have it hooked up to a wirless tablet PC in my car it is sweet!
Old 08-01-2003, 12:16 PM
CarFanatic

Sounds good so far. The ability to data log and tune is ultamatly what I'm looking for in an ecu. Since I live in cincy driving to new jersey everytime I wanted to make changes to the car would be more costly then, getting wide band o2's and dyno time.

Now are you running 2 widebands? one in each stock location? or have you rigged something else up?

Thanks again for all of your time to awnser these questions!
Old 08-01-2003, 02:03 PM
N4Spd

Default VandyZ and autotap

VandyZ,

They offer so many models. Which one did you order? Was it the "OBDII Generic Parameters PC version" for $199.95?

thanks,
rob
Old 08-01-2003, 07:14 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

that A/F is really bugging me ive been trying to figure it out since you first posted it but i cant, im anxious to see your ratings on other cars
Old 08-02-2003, 12:24 PM
maximajism94se

since when on any boosted nissan does an ecu get over 10 hp??? im goin w/ never
Old 08-03-2003, 01:48 PM
j's350z

Originally posted by maximajism94se
wow, cant help but cry bs on dis 1....there is no way u could get those kind of gains on a z, if there was that much power 2 b had on a stock z then we might as well laugh at every1 at nissan...

ps barnicleboy u r an idiot...thank you
I guess were all going to have to laugh at everyone at Nissan.

If you are so positive that there is no way we got this power with the SMT6, then I offer a challenge to you. Fly up to New Jersey and witness this for yourself. I will dyno the car in front of you without and then with the SMT6. If the gains aren't made that we are claiming, then I will reimburse you your airfare. If we do make the gains that I posted, then you can pay for the hour of dyno time. I don't normally answer posts with this attitude, but I don't appreciate you stating something on my thread that you have no proof of and saying that it is "bs"...
Thanks,
Jason
Old 08-03-2003, 01:52 PM
SirMikel1

I gotta back Jason up on this. I've seen the SMT6, the car and the dynos in person and I have to say that they are legit.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:56 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

'cause it is a wide application developed piggy back, and doesn't have control of those features. Think of it as a more complicated A/F ratio adjuster. It works similarly to fool the real ECU into doing certain things, or intercepts things before/after the ECU.

Quick Reply: Perfect Power ECU update!!! WOW !!!