Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Perfect Power ECU update!!! WOW !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 11:26 AM
SirMikel1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by j's350z
Mike,
you seem a little excited! I am waiting to see that procharger and get it on the dyno.. Is it done yet???????????

Aceman,
The plenum is still in the works, it is going through some minor changes and is going through extensive testing. More info on its way....
Jason,

Yep.. i'm very excited about this. Procharger is in fact installed and waiting for the dyno
Old 08-09-2003, 08:29 AM
cbsuper

Actually I would prefer for an aftermarket ECU to raise the rev limiter and speed limit. One thing that would suck is if you're in a heavily modified car and as you're going, you hit your rev limiter at 6600RPMs. Now I don't want a Honda type rev limiter, but something like TS's ECU limiter that gives a little bit of a buffer so you don't hit the rev limit so quickly.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:55 PM
DeeZee

another plenum is on its way?????? you gusy are REALY making this hard on me! thats my next major mod, and im waiting to see the results on this last one! now im going to have ANOTHER to choose from??? when might i see a pic, or possable price, mabey a hp estimate??? im soo ready to get one! i just want to make SURE i get the best one!! (sorry, didnt mean to jack the thread! just got a little excited!! carry on! )
Old 08-10-2003, 07:11 AM
sschmuve

I've had my timing advanced 2 degrees by the dealership. Will I have to have it set back if I get the kit? Will it advance my advanced timing and cause problems?
Old 08-11-2003, 04:02 PM
TOM Z CENTRAL

Jason,How did the testing go this weekend?Do you want to keep this thread going or start a new one,called GROUP BUY?:-)Regards,Tom
Old 08-11-2003, 05:48 PM
j's350z

We are planning on installing a couple this week. I have the dyno reserved all day weds to make some final adjustments and runs with my car and then all day sat for the ones that we are installing this week. We are getting real close. As I previously stated, we want to make sure we have the perfect balance of reliability, drivability, and power...
Old 08-11-2003, 06:05 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

still waiting
Old 08-11-2003, 06:54 PM
j's350z

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
still waiting
Along with about 85 other emails I have saved!!!!!!!!!!
Patience is the key!

Jason
Old 08-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Wags

Call me lurker but I just have to put my one cent in to be able to follow this thread. I'm all for plugs ins, but would expect it to come with software to modify the map, and free down-loadable maps based on best results from different mod/combinations.. as they come out.... The few you have mentioned to start and then more specific as time and experience goes by. And, at about half the price.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:12 AM
j's350z

Default lurker! just kidding...

Free downloads and many maps to choose from would be great! Also free dyno time and tuning would be great! Realistically this will probably never happen. Its takes almost 1/2 a day at the shop on the dyno to create just one map. The SMT6 has so many adjustable points that it really takes the perfect combination to create a good map. The A/F and timing is not only adjustable through the rpm range, it is also fully adjustable through differnt throtle positions. You could add timing and fuel at 67% throttle and take it out at 74% if you wanted too. Thats why tuning is so time consuming. This setup may not be for everyone which goes for other mods and ecu upgrades out there too. But, I am very certain that whoever decides to add this mod will not be dissapointed!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 08:45 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

How are you setting it up on your test cars, as RPM dependent, or throttle position dependent?
Old 08-12-2003, 09:17 AM
j's350z

All of our modifications of the timing and A/F were done according to both, rpm and throtle position... Do you really think I am going to give away our secrets??
Anyway, we will have one installed on a procharged car next weekend with maps designed just for that application so stay tuned for all you forced induction hp junkies!
Old 08-12-2003, 09:32 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Naw man, you got me all wrong i wasn't trying to steal your secrets.......i was just trying to picture your graph.......if it were RPM dependent, and RPM specific, you might see a jagged line where the power drops back to stock at the "in-between" RPMs......a throttle percentage setting would be more appealing to me
Old 08-12-2003, 09:35 AM
SirMikel1

Hey Jay,

Sorry but the dyno on the procharger will have to be delayed about 1 more week. My baby got into a little accident late friday night in the rain. So i need to get a new quarter panel and a new rear rim for the car. It's all being worked on as we speak. As soon as it's aligned and able, i'll take it down there for the dyno.. Sorry guys..

-Mike
Old 08-12-2003, 09:46 AM
j's350z

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
Naw man, you got me all wrong i wasn't trying to steal your secrets.......i was just trying to picture your graph.......if it were RPM dependent, and RPM specific, you might see a jagged line where the power drops back to stock at the "in-between" RPMs......a throttle percentage setting would be more appealing to me
I was just joking around with you, but no, you can't see my program. haha.. I can see if I can post one of my datalogged runs at the track so you can see the graph while I shift. Anyway, it is more throtle position related, thats why we got such huge gains throughout the rpm range. We got like 20 more lbs of tq and 10hp right from the start at 2k over stock,just by flooring the car..

Mike,
thats sucks. I guess the procharger has more power than you thought Was it your fault? If you still want to come down saturday you can. Do you want to meet up tomorrow at Island?

Last edited by j's350z; 08-12-2003 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:49 AM
cbsuper

Couple of ?'s:

How close is it to being released?
Will it be competitively priced (aka under $800)?
Old 08-12-2003, 10:00 AM
j's350z

We are hoping to release it before the end of the month. And yes, it will be very competitively priced. We are actually looking to have it at just under $700. With an initial group buy which would even drop it more. We can also install it in about an hour if anyone wants to come to NJ....
Old 08-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Could you make a setup with the rev limiter bumped and top speed removed... and sell it at a premium.... I hit 158 going down hill and I know the car can run faster
Old 08-12-2003, 10:58 AM
voodoopple

Question 5 Speed Auto?

Does this software work for the 5 speed auto version of the Z too? Or is it specifically for the 6MT version? If there is a version for the automatic Z, where in SoCal can I get one?
Old 08-12-2003, 11:05 AM
N4Spd

Default throttle position

hmm... I noticed something with my throttle position.

I recently bought an autotap to monitor what the ecu sees.

During full throttle runs, I never exceed 82% full throttle.
Maybe recalibrating the throttle position (using procedure in manual) will help me get to 100% and maybe some more power.

Just a thought... (I did disconnect the battery a while back
and ever recalibrated anything...)

Quick Reply: Perfect Power ECU update!!! WOW !!!