Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

SES, SLIP and VDC light on P0335

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
zracing5469

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES, SLIP and VDC light on P0335

Hey guys, before you bash me for being a previous thread, i searched and didnt really come up with an answer. I just put in a JWT clutch and flywheel on an 06 z. I know there is only one way to put it on and it is on correct. ( so i think). The flywheel came with only one alignment hole that fits in the alignment dowel on the crank. After installing the clutch i took it for a drive and a Service Engine Soon light came on along with the VDC and SLIP light. hooked up my scanner and came up with a p0335( crankshaft position sensor malfunction) Car drives fine and doesnt feel like it lost power. idles fine also. Figuring it was just a miss code i erased the code and disconnected negative terminal. When i drove the car about an hour later everthing was fine, no lights on no nothing. Turned the car on again another hour later and all three lights came on again, and once again threw a p0335. Any ideas???? possible bad crank sensor but it was fine before. I took the sensor back out, it was dirty but why would it suddenly stop working, and why would the slip light come on? Thanks in advance for any advice!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:50 PM
ZeezCustomz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The chances of the crank sensor being bad is very slim. The reason why the slip light, check engine, and VDC are on at the same time is because they are all wired up together. Say for instance you have a bad wheel speed sensor or ABS sensor, all three will come on. Personally I would check out the sensors wiring. Since that sensor is so close to the bellhousing you may have ripped/tore a wire. Clutch dust has been known to make this sensor fail...If nothing else, bring the car to a dealer and have them scan the car, most generic OBD2 scanner, like the one you most likely have can't read this stuff in much detail.

I ran into this same problem with my steering angle position sensor, had all three lights on...gave up and had the dealer scan it. They were able to recalibrate the sensor for free too. BTW, I am not the type to bring cars to dealers, i have done it 2 times in my lifetime but their scanners can do a lot. Just my 2cents.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:26 PM
tollboothwilley

can the POS(crank sensor) be calibrated?

I've been getting the P0335 with mine but mine feels like I'm hitting a rev-limit and bounces for a sec til it goes.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:36 PM
ZeezCustomz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tollboothwilley
can the POS(crank sensor) be calibrated?

I've been getting the P0335 with mine but mine feels like I'm hitting a rev-limit and bounces for a sec til it goes.
I don't think they can be calibrated, its a part that's either go or bad. The reason to have it scanned by Consult II (dealer scanner) is because it could be something unrelated to that sensor and be setting it off for no reason.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:01 AM
kramykram

i would take the time to just pull the tranny and check it. 2.5 hours is not that much time to check. better to do that than take it to nissan and pay an arm and a leg.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:45 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

flywheel isn't lined up properly.

it's an easy mistake and throws that code. sometimes it even puts the car in limp mode. For some reason it seems to happen more often with people installing the JWT flywheel. Maybe it's hard to understand the marks on it??
Old 04-25-2010, 05:48 PM
zracing5469

I will first check the wires etc.. Also i know that sometimes the gap between the sensor and flywheel can cause a little interferene. As far as scanners go i was using my works snap-on solus. Tried checking for ckp output but did not see it? Like i said the car is running fine and i have put over 1000k miles on it so far and not a single problem but the lights on. This coming weekend if i dont find the problem i will pull the trans again and just double check the flywheel but i am pretty positive it is correct. It should have only gone on one way unless jwt has sent me a flywheel for a fwd vq. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks
Old 04-25-2010, 08:56 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zracing5469
I will first check the wires etc.. Also i know that sometimes the gap between the sensor and flywheel can cause a little interferene. As far as scanners go i was using my works snap-on solus. Tried checking for ckp output but did not see it? Like i said the car is running fine and i have put over 1000k miles on it so far and not a single problem but the lights on. This coming weekend if i dont find the problem i will pull the trans again and just double check the flywheel but i am pretty positive it is correct. It should have only gone on one way unless jwt has sent me a flywheel for a fwd vq. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks
i think that's the issue. It happens a lot with JWT flywheel so i think theirs can be installed in both types which makes it easy to mess up.

and a gap in the crank sensor is a stretch. I've changed trans after trans and had that thing in and out and never had that issue. i've never even heard about that being an issue on these cars either.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:09 PM
tareemaa

i currently have the same problem, it even made my car slower, i think its turns off the variable valve timing, still trying to figure out what the cause is