Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Where can i buy HKS supercharger for 350z with rev up

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:45 PM
SuperZMachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can i buy HKS supercharger for 350z with rev up

Hallo! I'm a guy from Sweden who has been looking for HKS supercharger kit for almost 2 months. I have searched and searched and all that without any direct results. I hope you guys can help me. I drive a 350z with the Rev Up engine. Can you send me links on pages you can order from? All I've found is for the non-rev up engine. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2011, 12:15 AM
onagao

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, HKS is doing a lot of closing up, and I'm not entirely sure whether or not the HKS supercharger is even readily available on the market anymore, either. That being said, is there a reason you're looking to get an HKS as opposed to a Vortech? As it is, I'm rocking the RevUp as well, and I have every intention to go the Vortech route when I get back from Afghanistan.

So if there's no specific reason for the HKS choice, I'd recommend considering Vortech; it's a tried and true system that will probably provide you with a greater base of support and information in the long run. And when you go FI, it's hard to put a price on that sort of thing. But that's just my two cents.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

The torque delivery on the HKS puts the Vortech to shame... try:

Gtmotorsports.com
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 AM
onagao

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
The torque delivery on the HKS puts the Vortech to shame... try:

Gtmotorsports.com
I'm really not sure that's true.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by onagao
I'm really not sure that's true.
Well believe it... the search feature on this site will take you on the road of enlightenment. Vortech's make more peak HP and more upgrade friendly but the Rotrex units have better torque delivery because the Rotrex is more efficient. Now that they've been out for a while more people are doing using them so they're only getting better. Look at what an upgraded C38 unit did on the HKS demo car:

https://my350z.com/forum/turbos-nitr...o-car-s-c.html

I'm sure you did research on the Vortech to be to have a pertinent conversation amongst other Vortech owners but I doubt you know enough about the Rotrex to have a pertinent conversation with someone who's done quite a bit of research on it.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

One other thing... stay safe overseas, I leave BAF on the 23rd.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:14 AM
pez1111

Bought mine from MVP Motorsports ( vendor on this site get in touch with Robert ) . I have a revup and it did fit, early revups retain the same pulley config as the DE. So if you have an early revup it should fit. With a bit of retro fitting you could add the pulley back that was deleted in later revups. The only other issue would be the Fcon DE's only have cam timing on the inlet , revups have it on exhaust also. So you may have to have the Fcon re-done by a HKS dealer, or go with an aftermarket ecu solution.
There are some excellent threads in the Forced Induction Section on the HKS S/C, have a read.
Failing that i believe GTM are doing Rotrex S/C kits.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by pez1111
Bought mine from MVP Motorsports ( vendor on this site get in touch with Robert ) . I have a revup and it did fit, early revups retain the same pulley config as the DE. So if you have an early revup it should fit. With a bit of retro fitting you could add the pulley back that was deleted in later revups. The only other issue would be the Fcon DE's only have cam timing on the inlet , revups have it on exhaust also. So you may have to have the Fcon re-done by a HKS dealer, or go with an aftermarket ecu solution.
There are some excellent threads in the Forced Induction Section on the HKS S/C, have a read.
Failing that i believe GTM are doing Rotrex S/C kits.
What do you mean by this? I bought a used kit for my DE but I'm using a Haltech Platinum I have left from a previous turbo FI endeavor.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:13 AM
SuperZMachine

my car is made ​​2006-07. I want more than anything to run with the HKS supercharger kit. Vortech kit is complicated and ugly. I want to run the HKS kit Because I have good torque, and it is nice and does not sound like pro charger or Vortech. I saw that there was something on GTmotorsport. Step One kit is it bolt on? just install and run? or do I Have to buy other stuff for the kit
Old 09-18-2011, 05:25 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by SuperZMachine
my car is made ​​2006-07. I want more than anything to run with the HKS supercharger kit. Vortech kit is complicated and ugly. I want to run the HKS kit Because I have good torque, and it is nice and does not sound like pro charger or Vortech. I saw that there was something on GTmotorsport. Step One kit is it bolt on? just install and run? or do I Have to buy other stuff for the kit
Yup it should be... no mods whatsoever, I believe it comes with the injectors and the Fcon. Don't knock the Vortech/Pro Chargers though... they make serious power too.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:45 AM
SuperZMachine

Nice, I will be ordering the kit soon. Are you sure that it is all in the package?
I'll take it home to Sweden, i dont want to return the kit if it is wrong and missing stuff. I know I'm boring but I want to be one hundred percent sure.

Can someone post a picture of the HKS supercharger kit fitted to a rev-up engine

Last edited by SuperZMachine; 09-18-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:03 AM
onagao

@ Flo-ridaZ33:

Yeah, I went on a searching frenzy right after you wrote that. I might not go so far as to say it puts it to shame, but I definitely see what you mean. They all seem to develop a lot of good torque, but generally lose a lot in the top end. Thanks for the link. While I'm still sold on the Vortech, it's always good to be informed of what else is out there, because you're right about me not knowing enough about the Rotrex systems.

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
One other thing... stay safe overseas, I leave BAF on the 23rd.
Thanks, brother. Enjoy the trip home and the freedom. I've still got a while to go before this tour is over, and route clearance is a heck of a way to pass the time.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by onagao
@ Flo-ridaZ33:

Yeah, I went on a searching frenzy right after you wrote that. I might not go so far as to say it puts it to shame, but I definitely see what you mean. They all seem to develop a lot of good torque, but generally lose a lot in the top end. Thanks for the link. While I'm still sold on the Vortech, it's always good to be informed of what else is out there, because you're right about me not knowing enough about the Rotrex systems.

Thanks, brother. Enjoy the trip home and the freedom. I've still got a while to go before this tour is over, and route clearance is a heck of a way to pass the time.

The impeller speeds on the Rotrex are higher than the Centrifugal because of the roller system vs the Centrifugal's gear driven system. That's why it's more efficient and why it makes the TQ it does for such a small unit. The Vortech is still no joke though, I don't care for the "whine" while driving. Here's a link to my HKS build that you might find to your liking while your away.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ger-build.html

I'm a UAV operator(contractor) so I know exactly what RCP does... I'm in Ghazni and the roads here are always in the "red". I wish you guys would get better UAV support because unless your SF, your in harms way more than most.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:40 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

check out this thread. I had a 06 Revup W/ a HKS GT Supercharger. You will Find some GREAT info.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...tallation.html