Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Graffkid732: Voltex Kit, Stroked 3.4L GT47-88 2jz Getrag 6 Speed 350z build

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 07:16 PM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
If you are even considering working with Dynosty, I give them my full recommendation. Not a single complaint, they're a great shop.
IMHO the biggest reason for pro efi or motec are the tuners for 2jzs, BUT hal is an amazing tuner and has/had a pretty nasty 2j car. Don't know if you are looking at getting a dynosty tune but yeah.

If you do decide to do a knife edge, also consider a dry sump. My buddy was able to find a used 6 stage for 600 bucks off a freshly built nascar motor... a great deal IMHO.
Thanks. Dry sump isn't something I am trying to do though.

Originally Posted by Steven Sampaga
Awesome!!! Good Luck with the build!
Thank you

Originally Posted by 350zion
The only place to go!

Mike $HIT looks ridiculous.....
Thanks Ray. Saw that pic of your Z. CAN NOT wait to see the car finished.

As for update. Well not too much yet, just little things here and there. Doing a lot of cleaning up all around the car, stripping everything off/out that will be upgraded/replaced so that is keeping me busy.

I will be at Titan on Friday so I will update Friday night with exactly what we are doing as far as machining goes and what ever other goodies gets thrown on the bill

Once I get back from Florida, the next weekend I will be in contact with Headgames to set that up and get the head taken care of. As I put before, unless Titan recommends otherwise which I doubt, I am doing a full Ferrea head with +1mm Exhaust/Intake.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Frostydc4

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Sub'd. Easily the sickest Z33 build on the forums. I cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:24 AM
mike_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant wait to see this thing done!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:49 AM
cookiemonsterJS

So this is what dumping 20-30 grand of parts and labor into your Z looks like...reminds me of the few guys that did the 2JZ swap from the F20/F22 engines. They'd come back with these 600-700whp cars that were great on the dyno, but the wheelbase was just too small to handle all that power/torque. Good to see the Z will be able to make use of such power, although 1300whp? I don't think anything without drag radials is planting that to the ground.

Have fun with the build, I'm sure the guys doing the work know what they're doing and you certainly know quality parts.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 AM
graffkid732

Originally Posted by cookiemonsterJS
So this is what dumping 20-30 grand of parts and labor into your Z looks like...reminds me of the few guys that did the 2JZ swap from the F20/F22 engines. They'd come back with these 600-700whp cars that were great on the dyno, but the wheelbase was just too small to handle all that power/torque. Good to see the Z will be able to make use of such power, although 1300whp? I don't think anything without drag radials is planting that to the ground.

Have fun with the build, I'm sure the guys doing the work know what they're doing and you certainly know quality parts.
I wish it was only $30k worth of parts : /

And yes, Titan is "good" at building 2JZs ha. Most of the labor is being done in my garage, only thing I am not doing is the paint/cage/machine work and assembly of the block/head.

Thank you, I don't like half assing anything I do, therefore I look to get quality over quantity
Old 07-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey, how does the Voltex rear mount? Is it a half lip like the Amuse that bolts to the OEM bumper and then a carbon diffuser? Or that's what it looks like?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hell i have that in parts alone and havnt touched brakes, suspension, not much interior work, and no aero mods either. i think this build would give most a heart attack.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:35 AM
graffkid732

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Hey, how does the Voltex rear mount? Is it a half lip like the Amuse that bolts to the OEM bumper and then a carbon diffuser? Or that's what it looks like?
The thin strip just bolts/sticks to the bumper. The Carbon diffuser bolts on like the other diffuser with brackets. It's 2 separate pieces, not 1.

Originally Posted by jerryd87
hell i have that in parts alone and havnt touched brakes, suspension, not much interior work, and no aero mods either. i think this build would give most a heart attack.
Unfortunately.

UPDATE:

Everything has been at Titan for awhile now. I was hoping to have more pics and the engine home, but not yet. One thing after another gets added. Everything is getting assembled there. I went ahead and picked up new OEM Front Sump oil setup, Titan upgraded timing gear, and Titan billet tensioner.

Here is a link with a basic parts list for the head. Cams unfortunately purchased extra

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/sthe2.html

Ferrea valve guides
Ferrea valve seals
Ferrea valve seats
Ferrea dual valve springs
Ferrea titanium retainers
Ferrea 1mm oversized intake and exhaust valves
Titan Custom shimless buckets
Titan 272 degree Cams

Head and everything cleaned and machined. More info can be found in the link. Once I get an actual invoice, I will post up the very specifics of machining. More updates to come.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:03 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All i can say is wow to this build as i just stumbled across this thread.Good luck and hope everything goes well...ill def be checking this from now on.....fuking sweet.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:38 AM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Now we both have Ferrea valvetrains. Our builds are practically identical!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:15 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In to be subscribed but I this post also caught my eye. I'm not sure if this poster is just trying to make stuff up but stating that it's 30k in parts is a gross understatement and putting a 2jz in place of an f20 or f22? F series are in the early 90's honda accords. They are a transverse mounted inline 4. So how is someone going to fit a straight 6 in a crappy accord and why? I've never heard of this. Every person I know swaps an h22a in for an F22.

Unless some other manufacturer uses F22 to designate a completely different engine....

edit: After looking it up I see that honda still kept the F badge for the completely non-f style engine they used in the s2000. I guess I never really paid much attention to what engine nomenclature was in that car. Stupid of honda to use the F designation.

Last edited by binder; 08-25-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Escobar

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

wow. this is gonna be awesome. Good luck with the build man, cant wait to see the progress...
Old 09-15-2012, 08:04 PM
supraturboman

That thing is wicked... Titan really knows their stuff. when I had my 98' they help me a ton.

I don't know if I missed it, But what are you using for the rear end and axles?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:46 AM
mike_350z

so sick
Old 09-17-2012, 05:23 AM
juicinjake

Originally Posted by binder
In to be subscribed but I this post also caught my eye. I'm not sure if this poster is just trying to make stuff up but stating that it's 30k in parts is a gross understatement and putting a 2jz in place of an f20 or f22? F series are in the early 90's honda accords. They are a transverse mounted inline 4. So how is someone going to fit a straight 6 in a crappy accord and why? I've never heard of this. Every person I know swaps an h22a in for an F22.

Unless some other manufacturer uses F22 to designate a completely different engine....

edit: After looking it up I see that honda still kept the F badge for the completely non-f style engine they used in the s2000. I guess I never really paid much attention to what engine nomenclature was in that car. Stupid of honda to use the F designation.
He is talking about the s2000's with the F20/F22... not the fwd accords.

edit: They used the F nomenclature because the motors are indeed from the same family. A few people have pulled off an S2000 fwd swap (into civics and integras) using a fwd accord f22 transmission.

Last edited by juicinjake; 09-17-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:25 PM
graffkid732

Originally Posted by superchargedg
All i can say is wow to this build as i just stumbled across this thread.Good luck and hope everything goes well...ill def be checking this from now on.....fuking sweet.
Thanks man sounds good.

Originally Posted by kacz07
Now we both have Ferrea valvetrains. Our builds are practically identical!
Hahah. Some what similar

Originally Posted by Escobar
wow. this is gonna be awesome. Good luck with the build man, cant wait to see the progress...
Originally Posted by supraturboman
That thing is wicked... Titan really knows their stuff. when I had my 98' they help me a ton.

I don't know if I missed it, But what are you using for the rear end and axles?
Originally Posted by mike_350z
so sick

Thanks guys.

As of right now, I have not thought of the rear end at all. I am trying to not venture off into other sections of the car. I am shooting do start and finish something before I go to the next thing. I feel I will keep things organized that way. Titan has been a big help so far. Once the engine is complete, I will move to Exhaust/Intake and then Cooling/Fuel. From there I will move down the line.

Although, I just found out a few days ago that a very very close family friend from Up State NY used to build Cages for older Muscle Cars (1/4 Mile Cars) So we spoke and this winter he might be building me a cage for, well the cost of 10 30packs of Bud with me buying material. Luckily, I have a friend who can get me great prices on material so things are looking pretty good there. This may be the only out of order step I take because I would be stupid to pass this up. For those who don't know, custom cages are in the $3,000+ Range.

Updates are much slower than I was hoping for, but as of now there's not much I can do until the Engine comes back from Titan. So I do apologize about that, but I am not rushing anything at all here.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:53 PM
filchawy

Man This is Extreme! Nice Build dude
Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 PM
graffkid732

Originally Posted by filchawy
Man This is Extreme! Nice Build dude
Thanks man.

Another update: All parts, head, and block are done. Block, head, and accessories will be assembled together on Monday and then shipped up. Been a long haul but it was expected unfortunately. I also went ahead and picked up a few more things I don't think previously mentioned.

Titan Billet Tensioner
Titan Modded Oil Pump
Titan Modded Timing Gear

Those will be installed prior to shipment.

Greddy Oil Plug
Nismo 380RS Gas Pedal
Picked up some new interior lights as well to freshen things up

Intake was ordered as well:

Hypertune Intake Manifold 102mm
Hypertune 102mm Throttle Body
Hypertune Primary Fuel Rail
Titan Race Intercooler
(Good for 1800hp)

I have been talking to Sound Performance and I am leaning toward a custom T6 Manifold that they make. They offer multiple variations which is great, and they are proven to make plenty of power. It's between their manifold and a Full Race T6.

I'll have pics of the engine when it arrives. The Hypertune stuff is a few month wait, made to order I assume. Also, if you don't know who Hypertune is since they don't produce products for the VQ, here is their link:http://www.hypertune.net/index.php?o...d=97&Itemid=91

Here are pics/specs of the Intercooler.

28x12.5x5 Row

Old 11-30-2012, 04:02 AM
Classy

Received 615 Likes on 349 Posts

That milk is going to spoil
Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Ok things now totally Baller since you mentioned Hypertune ! Wow is all i can say.. Glad to see this beast in NJ.......................

Quick Reply: Graffkid732: Voltex Kit, Stroked 3.4L GT47-88 2jz Getrag 6 Speed 350z build