Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Graffkid732: Voltex Kit, Stroked 3.4L GT47-88 2jz Getrag 6 Speed 350z build

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 05:34 PM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
i would never even bother with dual 044s on that kinda setup. Guys run that 2345 pump on the street all the time with the controller with no problems.

2x a1000 is about the same flow as the 2345 around 80psi of fuel pressure (which you are going to need every bit of 40psi to make 1200)
The more I think about it, the more I want to run just 1 pump due to less things going wrong. When I talked to Bottle the Weldon with controller is exactly what he recommended. Maybe I am just thinking about it too much and making myself think it'll fail prematurely due to continuous use.

What I have found out which I like is Weldon can be rebuilt if it came down to it, not sure if the A1000 can be. They don't mention it. Also, some searching on the forum shows that the A1000 isn't a self priming pump and the Weldon IS. Again, this isn't stated on the A1000 page but is stated on the Weldon page. Not exactly sure how true this find is.

Here is a pic comparing the Bosch 044 vs Walbro 255 vs Aeromotive A1000

Originally Posted by Resmarted
People also can make 550whp on a non return system. Doesn't mean it's something I would be ok with doing.
I'd never run twin 044's to try and make 1000+whp. You 'could' do it, but for the cost difference (just looking at the pumps) I'd rather have a legit setup of twin a1000's (like what 5XX$ vs 670$?) than 044's. I'm sure you could find a shop to sell you 2 a1000's for a bit cheaper if you also bought some other stuff with them.
I simply put would not want to run 044's that hard consistently, but to each their own.

Yeah, the supra community is fckn boss. I love the 2jz guys. The build for a high hp 2j is pretty simplified. The only thing that varies is how many rpm you want to spin, then you have to change xxx parts. Simplifying how big hp builds go together is great and helps more people get stuff done. Ideally I want to see our community get to that level. If we simplify things to the good shops and good kits being in the spotlight and fling off all the crap shops/builders/kits we can get closer. We'll never be as flexible as the supra community (build difficulty, oem engine strength, turbo kit simplicity etc) but we can collectively cut out a lot of the bs that's floating around right now.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by kacz07
No dynos yet?
The um, dyno...Broke. Yeah it broke unfortunately. Haha
Attached Thumbnails Graffkid732: Voltex Kit, Stroked 3.4L GT47-88 2jz Getrag 6 Speed 350z build-bosch_044_vs_walbro_255hp_vs_aeromotive_a1000efi.jpg  

Last edited by graffkid732; 12-03-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by graffkid732
The more I think about it, the more I want to run just 1 pump due to less things going wrong. When I talked to Bottle the Weldon with controller is exactly what he recommended. Maybe I am just thinking about it too much and making myself think it'll fail prematurely due to continuous use.

I think that if you decide how exactly you want the pumps mounted (Ie cell, stock tank, sump, external sump, whatever yada yada) you will be able to make the decision easier. For example, the a1000 you shouldn't run in a pickup situation, but is good for sump situations. They have weld in sump a1000 kits too. (a1000 isn't the best pump on the planet, but I know more about it than any other pump so lol).

At your power levels you will have to make sacrifices (as I'm sure you know). Having a crazy pump setup may just be something you have to learn to settle with. Although having two pumps of anything really isn't that bad, and IMHO as long as you correctly wire it, won't have any reliability issues. Tons of cars use dual pumps, just got to make sure they're installed correctly is all.

If you have the money and the time/patience to do it, I would drop the oem tank, and cut out the bottom of the trunk and put a tank there to help put more weight as far back on the car as possible. That's something I really considered on my car as my buddy has a spare baffled tank he's not going to use from his car, but we haven't gotten around to measuring it.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ive not seen that chart before, so in the area where the flow is actually going to seriously matter the a1000 actually falls short to the 044 lol

the weldon definitely seems to be your best option for sure
Old 12-13-2012, 01:54 PM
dvo

sub'd, can't wait to see where this goes!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:54 PM
graffkid732

Originally Posted by Resmarted
I think that if you decide how exactly you want the pumps mounted (Ie cell, stock tank, sump, external sump, whatever yada yada) you will be able to make the decision easier. For example, the a1000 you shouldn't run in a pickup situation, but is good for sump situations. They have weld in sump a1000 kits too. (a1000 isn't the best pump on the planet, but I know more about it than any other pump so lol).

At your power levels you will have to make sacrifices (as I'm sure you know). Having a crazy pump setup may just be something you have to learn to settle with. Although having two pumps of anything really isn't that bad, and IMHO as long as you correctly wire it, won't have any reliability issues. Tons of cars use dual pumps, just got to make sure they're installed correctly is all.

If you have the money and the time/patience to do it, I would drop the oem tank, and cut out the bottom of the trunk and put a tank there to help put more weight as far back on the car as possible. That's something I really considered on my car as my buddy has a spare baffled tank he's not going to use from his car, but we haven't gotten around to measuring it.
As of right now, I am really trying to keep the stock tank where it sits. Still not 100% sure of fuel pump yet. Will be ordering injectors soon and as of now I am leaning more toward the FIC 2150cc injectors (6). They have proven to make damn near 1500whp which is plenty for me. Others have used them on pump gas and E85 with the PRO-EFI and have had no issues with idle and street driving. Otherwise, I was looking at the ID2000s.

Originally Posted by jerryd87
ive not seen that chart before, so in the area where the flow is actually going to seriously matter the a1000 actually falls short to the 044 lol

the weldon definitely seems to be your best option for sure
Well there was no doubt I would be running a Weldon. I just wasn't sure if I wanted other pumps with it, or just run a single Weldon and call it a day.

Originally Posted by dvo
sub'd, can't wait to see where this goes!
Thanks

The Hypertune Intake Manifold mentioned previously is the "Race Suited" version which has more "extensive" porting/machining for better flow and the runners are Red instead of unpainted. I didn't specify that, so just clearing that up here.

Engine mounts have come in thanks to Travis. He had the other 2jz build, but unfortunately he parted the car out due to engine build issues. I will not go into details as he hasn't mentioned it anywhere, but I have been in contact with him since he started his build.

I have also been looking into changing the turbo up a bit. For the most part changing the Exhaust side. Once that is figured out, an exhaust manifold will be put on order. Whether I buy a pre-made manifold, Full Race manifold, or have one built by Sound Performance is still up in there air and will depend on the Turbo situation.

Engine is also complete, just waiting for it to be shipped and arrive, I will have plenty of pics upon arrival.

I will keep the thread updated as much as possible and if anyone has any questions/concerns please feel to post or send me a PM. Will help any way I can.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Classy

Received 615 Likes on 349 Posts

I wondered where Travis went to... Sorry to hear that... At least you have mount that you know work! I am very pumped to see this build come together
Old 12-17-2012, 06:37 PM
graffkid732

Originally Posted by Classy
I wondered where Travis went to... Sorry to hear that... At least you have mount that you know work! I am very pumped to see this build come together
Yeah man definitely wasn't happy when he told me the news.

100% right about the mounts. Definitely a plus to me.

Thanks, I am as well hah.

Last edited by graffkid732; 12-21-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:44 AM
graffkid732

Some very disappointing news.

Titan found an imperfection in the head and will not allow it to ship. Marty said he didn't want me to have to deal with it, which for the amount of money I spent on the head alone, I better not have to do anything ha. Sucks but will delay me from receiving the engine until at least February.

Gonna get the jungle gym going though.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:46 AM
ace32x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some very disappointing news.

Titan found an imperfection in the head and will not allow it to ship. Marty said he didn't want me to have to deal with it, which for the amount of money I spent on the head alone, I better not have to do anything ha. Sucks but will delay me from receiving the engine until at least February.

Gonna get the jungle gym going though.
atleast they found it!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:20 AM
graffkid732

Originally Posted by ace32x
atleast they found it!
Yeah man it sucks but I'm glad they are taking care of it right away.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:53 AM
ace32x

Yeah man it sucks but I'm glad they are taking care of it right away.
are they sending it to you assembled with the head on the block and everything?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 AM
graffkid732

Originally Posted by ace32x
are they sending it to you assembled with the head on the block and everything?
Yes. Will be shipped from oil pan to valve covers assembled in wooden crate.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
ace32x

Yes. Will be shipped from oil pan to valve covers assembled in wooden crate.
o damn cant beat that!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:32 PM
graffkid732

Small Update:

Engine is still in Orlando. Go figure. But I ordered my Hypertune Intake setup Black Friday and was told it will take months to get due to back order and the fact these parts aren't stocked like your everyday off the shelf parts. Well this week I received a nice present.

I have to honestly say, this Manifold is a work of art. I have some high quality parts and have seen other quality parts in person, but nothing comes close to this Manifold. Everything looks and feels perfect. I am still shocked and wish I can buy another just to have on the shelf in the house.

Specs:

Hypertune "Race Suit" 102mm Intake Manifold
Hypertune 102mm Throttle Body
Hypertune 6 Injector Fuel Rail

Pics taken with iPhone:

More updates to come. Thank you to everyone who has checked this out, followed, helped, and all that jazz along the way, I appreciate everything
Old 01-11-2013, 05:57 PM
805350z

That manifold..soo beautiful.....
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

everytime I view this thread is like:

lots of baller parts br0, can't wait to see it run
Old 01-12-2013, 04:14 PM
jomamahama

i just want to oil up that manifold and go to town
Old 01-13-2013, 04:37 AM
tonyzS/C03

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Dat Manifold!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Always loved their manifolds. Wish they would have done something for the VQs. I think I might be a little more excited about your build than mine in a way haha. My manifold came in the other day as well, I wont get to see until I go home this coming thursday, so I'll be sure to post it up once I can. It's always nice getting some browna and white buses lol. Keep the updates coming.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:54 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Hypertune is super baller man..... GL moving fwd

Quick Reply: Graffkid732: Voltex Kit, Stroked 3.4L GT47-88 2jz Getrag 6 Speed 350z build