Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Na 380+ rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 AM
lemmiwinkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ziptied.com/forums/index....&topic=15975.0

here is a forum that sasha is a lot more active in and goes into more detail about his build. long but good information. he also says multiple times that he was not trying to show high hp but his progression from mod to mod.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 AM
jblz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XChacalX
depending on what you goal is and class restriction, staying NA can be a wiser decision.
adding a FI system , you are also adding quite a lot of other problems that arent needed in the first choice.
mostly heat management....
doing enduro is a whole different world than just going at the drag strip !

anyway 98% of this forum should be best to either stay with basic bolt-on or FI !!
^^^Well said.

Originally Posted by jninja26
This thread is spent. Possible? Yes...but what does an arbitrary # on a specific dyno have to do with anything OP? Where the hell did you get 380 from? Who-cares.
This thread is not spent. And I care. By your signature, it looks more like your bank account is what's spent.

As some one who could very easily be switching between either PTA, B, or C, an extensive bolt-on set up can make a very big difference in my decision as to which class to run. Thus, learning about and maximizing the potential of my NA motor is always something I will read about. More importantly these huge NA power builds can lend ideas which can make the difference as to whether you are at the top of one class, or sitting at the bottom of another. This is perfectly dispositive as to how competitive I can actually be. Again, always something I'm interested in reading about. Finally, I enjoy reading about NA builds and ideas, if for anything, because I enjoy it and it applies to me. Isn't that what the forum is here for?

If you don't care, stick to the FI section as there are some awesome builds in that section too. This way we can all go home happy.

Last edited by jblz; 09-30-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:02 AM
XChacalX

^+1

its getting a bit hard to get more up to date info about what the potentiel on the VQ engine is ... race teams member arent loosing their time much to post online ;(
Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 AM
jninja26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^haha. YOU GOT ME! ...but on a serious note, you probably spent more on your Bolton's than I did on my entire turbo kit. Your right though, this thread wasn't spent two posts ago.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so calling BS on a guy that started to work on the VQ for over 5 year and doing research & developpement and having his own rented dyno in his shop

doing dyno test over and over with different part to come up to the best configuration is BS ?

where can you find any of his bolt on ? they are custom made !
have you seen any of his work ?

poeple like you make people like him to not post anything and to keep those secrets .
he doesnt have anything to prove.

try to built something similar to his setup and we will see if its BS or not

hahah guys like you make me laugh

ITB / ported head / C10intake C9ex. / Tri-step long tube header / custom Y-pipe and 3.5'' Y-back exhaust. ran with Motec ECU / extremly light flywheel+cluth / and soo much more ...

thats BS anyway ,, right ?
Yes. Without independent dynos in a semblance of normal weather (non freezing temps), it is highly questionable that the car is really making 372whp. Dynapaks and similar hub dynos are notorious for reading high and producing inflated numbers. They are fine as a tuning tool, but worthless to judge peak power numbers with IMO. To argue that this car would make the same or close to the same power in normal temps on a DJ or DD dyno is to refute both physics and the collective experience of the VQ community.

Originally Posted by lemmiwinkz
http://www.ziptied.com/forums/index....&topic=15975.0

here is a forum that sasha is a lot more active in and goes into more detail about his build. long but good information. he also says multiple times that he was not trying to show high hp but his progression from mod to mod.
^ This! That's the only value of those dyno numbers. Not sure why these guys are trying to nuthug a singular 372whp hub dyno on a freezing night as if that dyno set the bar for NA builds.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:11 AM
jblz

Originally Posted by jninja26
^haha. YOU GOT ME! ...but on a serious note, you probably spent more on your Bolton's than I did on my entire turbo kit. Your right though, this thread wasn't spent two posts ago.

I certainly may have. I wouldn't dispute that for a moment, especially because I have no clue what kit you run or anything else about your car. Is this what it's about? Spending more. Or whether his curiosity or search for info fits perfectly into what your goals are for your own car?

I will say this about the "spent more" comment. For what I use my Z for, money, while it absolutely is always a consideration, does sit second to practicality and reliability. Big horsepower sits well below those, hence why I like these NA threads.

Last edited by jblz; 09-30-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:19 AM
XChacalX

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Yes. Without independent dynos in a semblance of normal weather (non freezing temps), it is highly questionable that the car is really making 372whp. Dynapaks and similar hub dynos are notorious for reading high and producing inflated numbers. They are fine as a tuning tool, but worthless to judge peak power numbers with IMO. To argue that this car would make the same or close to the same power in normal temps on a DJ or DD dyno is to refute both physics and the collective experience of the VQ community.

^ This! That's the only value of those dyno numbers. Not sure why these guys are trying to nuthug a singular 372whp hub dyno on a freezing night as if that dyno set the bar for NA builds.
as far as I can tell when I did my dyno test day ( His dynapack vs Dynojet ) same day within 2-3 hours max
there was only 3 whp different from 324 to 321

but its something you wont believe and
this is pretty much when he did 340ish whp with his modded upper plenum manifold. around july/september. which isnt cold at all !!

poping the upper plenum gave him 360sih then ITb in at 372

so again his dynapack wasnt soo far off from a dynojet

so now, you will want a third guy that will tell you what his dynosheet to compare with my result ?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:22 AM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

why ?
that 372whp was made on a VQ35DE non-rev

324 whouldnt be that hard ... a bit expensive but isnt that hard.
I would've known about it bc it has been hard and expensive just to get to 310whp on a DE Rev up. Not going to convince me otherwise without proof, Jenvey ITBs, and a dyno.

Last edited by kacz07; 09-30-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:42 AM
XChacalX

Originally Posted by kacz07
I would've known about it bc it has been hard and expensive just to get to 310whp on a DE Rev up. Not going to convince me otherwise without proof, Jenvey ITBs, and a dyno.
plenty of dyno sheet there
http://www.sg-motorsport.com/?p=1110

wow seem like peoples are just jumping in that thread without even reading the past information that was given just in this whole thread ...

short memory that some poeple seem to have. thats funny.

seem like if somebody does make a lot of power than the average . its all false and manipuled number..
haha . very funny

well guys have fun with your low hp VQ.

since I blew my VHR not long ago and im going to do an VQ37/35HR long rod engine with C11 intake and an unconfirmed exhaust cam ..
if I get over 360whp ... no one is gonna believe me ?
Im cool with that and et just hope you come at the same track that I go....
Old 09-30-2012, 12:09 PM
pss350z

Originally Posted by jerryd87
yes alot of people, camaros, firebirds, corvettes, vipers......................ohhh you mean wirh a vq35? no your ****ing stupid go die somewhere and learn how a damn car works. 20k wont get you there without FI and even if you get close the cars going to be a bigger time bomb then a stock block engine with FI
Go back to youtube or streetfire or wherever else you came from you lunatic.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:14 PM
kacz07

plenty of dyno sheet there
http://www.sg-motorsport.com/?p=1110

wow seem like peoples are just jumping in that thread without even reading the past information that was given just in this whole thread ...

short memory that some poeple seem to have. thats funny.

seem like if somebody does make a lot of power than the average . its all false and manipuled number..
haha . very funny

well guys have fun with your low hp VQ.

since I blew my VHR not long ago and im going to do an VQ37/35HR long rod engine with C11 intake and an unconfirmed exhaust cam ..
if I get over 360whp ... no one is gonna believe me ?
Im cool with that and et just hope you come at the same track that I go....
Hey guy, I read this and probably every thread in NA section. I have an all motor NA DE rev up build. I know what SG makes and the research he's done. I bought their long tube headers. All I said is if there was another DE NA build at 324whp, I would know about it. That's why I asked if you we're HR or VHR. Take a lot at the qualifiers I stated (Jenvey ITBs).

I'm not swinging dick or doubting dynos, I just know of very few DE builds above 300whp.

In response to your blithering defensive posts, I'll drive my low hp VQ build while you talk about your "I'm going to be driving a unicorn" build and stare at your blown motor.

Last edited by kacz07; 09-30-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:31 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

The guy who created this thread is a noob. He created this thread in the wrong fashion.

Those that have researched know what is what. It's bickering like this that had driven many from this site, and sharing in general.

We know of Sasha's car, many don't know of the 8 or so other vehicle that are right behind it. That's where the stupid remarks towards NA comes from.

I would like this thread closed to prevent more retardation of this site.

Many other threads that can be bumped with a question on details, and experience with thier build!

/ MODS close this thread!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 PM
kacz07

+1.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:39 PM
XChacalX

Originally Posted by kacz07
Hey guy, I read this and probably every thread in NA section. I have an all motor NA DE rev up build. I know what SG makes and the research he's done. I bought their long tube headers. All I said is if there was another DE NA build at 324whp, I would know about it. That's why I asked if you we're HR or VHR. Take a lot at the qualifiers I stated (Jenvey ITBs).

I'm not swinging dick or doubting dynos, I just know of very few DE builds above 300whp.

In response to your blithering defensive posts, I'll drive my low hp VQ build while you talk about your "I'm going to be driving a unicorn" build and stare at your blown motor.
Sorry if I did not understand correctly what you were trying to say .
since it was about if I had a DE or not. and not against what Ive been trying to show and explain.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:45 PM
jblz

Originally Posted by jerryd87
yes alot of people, camaros, firebirds, corvettes, vipers......................ohhh you mean wirh a vq35? no your ****ing stupid go die somewhere and learn how a damn car works. 20k wont get you there without FI and even if you get close the cars going to be a bigger time bomb then a stock block engine with FI
Originally Posted by KingBaby
You can't be from Canada?
If you knew why you create this thread?
Originally Posted by Voboy
Dude you're the one from Canada, and you obviously know about the "Speedstar 350z" Why don't you go give him a visit and talk to him instead of trolling the forum.
I like the OG Jetpilot better....

I wonder how his rebuild is going?

"It's bickering like this that had driven many from this site, and sharing in general." Exactly, I rarely post on this site, but I want to read this thread.

And yet the two guys who are going back and forth about the topic...???

If you don't like what's in a thread, just don't read it! So what if he's a noob? Ok. So what? Me too. And I want to read and learn. So now we close a thread now because you want to? Because it has in some way inconvenienced your life? I was interested in some of this "bickering" between these two guys. If you're not, then don't read it.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:54 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

I'm a noob as well...

If you re read this thread it has no information! It's pointless so I'll continue to say so!

Threads worth holding a discussion in!

https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/2...p-to-nuts.html

https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/4...50z-revup.html

https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/5...-na-build.html

Again this thread is dumb!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:02 PM
jblz

So don't read it.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:08 PM
KA24DE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

Shut up.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:11 PM
KA24DE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a noob as well...

If you re read this thread it has no information! It's pointless so I'll continue to say so!

Threads worth holding a discussion in!

https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/2...p-to-nuts.html

https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/4...50z-revup.html

https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/5...-na-build.html

Read what I posted above.

If people like you, who admit they don't know what they are talking about, talked less and read more, we might have something to talk about.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:39 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Good info you added!

380whp how to get there on my HR? I'm all ears, let's talk.

I currently have PPE LTH/AAM y-pipe/AAM Single/tuned hasn't been redynoed.

Previously at 284whp-291whp. I'm guessing once retuned I still won't see 300whp.

What's you thoughts?

Quick Reply: Na 380+ rwhp?