Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Engine build on the way Dynosty or IPP

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 01:44 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,300 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Originally Posted by That_hrz
Yes thank you For the info this is not an N/A build car currently makes over 500s boosted with stock 10:1 CR so I’m more than confident a 3.7 11:1 can make 700 with the same 13psi
Originally Posted by DarkZ03
So you want to make 134whp with a .2L bump and 1 extra CR. A bit ambitious but ok, good luck. Also uprev is not a standalone, and not suitable for high powered applications
Dark has a pretty good point … what I think you are failing to conceptualize here is that power/torque is made with timing(duh). You can add displacement and add compression but you will not be at the same spark-timing on 11:1 that you are at 10:1.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that our engines are knock-limited once you go FI, furthermore, when you go deep into FI (lets say past 450hp to 500hp / 8psi to 12psi) the engines are very knock-limited - so looking for higher output on higher CR pistons will draw your timing back.

were you running E85 or pump gas?

And I love uprev and they are great guys doing great things at a very affordable price point but past 500hp it'd be wise to upgrade.

Keep us posted on your swap!

Last edited by bealljk; 09-13-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:27 PM
That_hrz

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So you want to make 134whp with a .2L bump and 1 extra CR. A bit ambitious but ok, good luck. Also uprev is not a standalone, and not suitable for high powered applications
Ya you’ll be the first to see when I’m done look up jetboost on Instagram he’s tuned at the same shop I’m tuned at. We have pretty similar set ups. Uprev will be just fine 700hp. Above that then yes I would consider haltech standalone etc. There are tons of vhrs making 700+ easy
Old 09-13-2019, 06:16 PM
DarkZ03

Received 494 Likes on 414 Posts

The mere fact that you are here talking about it with a blown engine should be a sign but like I said good luck. Will it run, sure but will it be as reliable as it would be with a standalone....doubtful.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:19 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by That_hrz
Ya you’ll be the first to see when I’m done look up jetboost on Instagram he’s tuned at the same shop I’m tuned at. We have pretty similar set ups. Uprev will be just fine 700hp. Above that then yes I would consider haltech standalone etc. There are tons of vhrs making 700+ easy
Interesting set of statements HRZ -

do you feel like were attacking you personally? bc we arent - nobody knows you, I dont think anybody really deep deep deep down cares which direction you go. We're just giving you facts / trends / experiences on what youre asking about.

will Uprev work to 700hp, yes it will...is it smart to rely on uprev (and the OEM system) for that much power - I would say it's not.

Please please please post up your results of your 700+ hp build (we all know you wont, bc you realistically wont get there - but prove us all wrong, please - take this time to make us all look stupid)

please show us 'tons' of 700+hp VHRs? I'm curious - I know there are a few out there but not tons.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:45 PM
That_hrz

The mere fact that you are here talking about it with a blown engine should be a sign but like I said good luck. Will it run, sure but will it be as reliable as it would be with a standalone....doubtful.
Well for one wasn’t expecting a stock block to last forever at over 500hp.I’m not sure a built block would have withstood the type of stuff I was doing. Software tuning has come a long way Uprev and ecutek for vhr are more than capable with a reliable tuner it’s all in the tune. These softwares can do pretty much everything a stand-alone can minus flex fuel for Uprev. You can spend the 1500-2500 on a stand-alone to make 700 if you want
Old 09-13-2019, 07:55 PM
That_hrz

Originally Posted by bealljk

do you feel like were attacking you personally? bc we arent - nobody knows you, I dont think anybody really deep deep deep down cares which direction you go. We're just giving you facts / trends / experiences on what youre asking about.

will Uprev work to 700hp, yes it will...is it smart to rely on uprev (and the OEM system) for that much power - I would say it's not.

Please please please post up your results of your 700+ hp build (we all know you wont, bc you realistically wont get there - but prove us all wrong, please - take this time to make us all look stupid)

please show us 'tons' of 700+hp VHRs? I'm curious - I know there are a few out there but not tons.

Not going to do all the research for you surely you can find the rest

Old 09-13-2019, 07:58 PM
That_hrz

Dark has a pretty good point … what I think you are failing to conceptualize here is that power/torque is made with timing(duh). You can add displacement and add compression but you will not be at the same spark-timing on 11:1 that you are at 10:1.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that our engines are knock-limited once you go FI, furthermore, when you go deep into FI (lets say past 450hp to 500hp / 8psi to 12psi) the engines are very knock-limited - so looking for higher output on higher CR pistons will draw your timing back.

were you running E85 or pump gas?

And I love uprev and they are great guys doing great things at a very affordable price point but past 500hp it'd be wise to upgrade.

Keep us posted on your swap!
Surprisingly I was running E85 at the time switching back and forth with 93
Old 09-13-2019, 08:02 PM
That_hrz

No I’m not weak minded I’m taking what your saying into consideration. Just saying these engines have much more potential than most people think.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:24 PM
That_hrz

Old 09-13-2019, 08:44 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

a quote came to mind:
"A man who has an argument is always at the mercy of a man who has an experience"

but that's not a 'ton' ... well, literally and physically - it technically is 'tons' ... 5 cars at #3500lbs each, 17,500lbs of 370z ... youre right, those are 8.25 'tons' of cars making 700hp.

yea, tell me about it!! I run a DE!!!!!!

Heres my challenge to you:

#1. swap your broken OEM engine for an OEM engine and get your car up and running in an OEM state.
#2. build your broken engine with qualtiy aftermarket parts and get engine #1 back up and going (if you need a good place to start feel free to shoot me a PM), throw your turbos on, get your ECU figured out, and the 125 other things that need attention.
#3. swap your built block into the car and get it up and going, then tuned to 700+ hp
#4. document the journey, taking pictures, adding commentary, taking feedback in a build thread here and most importantly, prove that you can take on this challenge.

if you can complete steps #1 through #4 than you have a leg to stand-on and your figurative voice should be heard and respected ...

If you cannot then you're a typical Z-car keyboard-allstar who should take a backseat to those who have proven themselves.

here's my journey:
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...win-build.html

there are many others - you can find them here:
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...50-list-4.html

Last edited by bealljk; 09-13-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:26 PM
That_hrz

a quote came to mind:
"A man who has an argument is always at the mercy of a man who has an experience"

but that's not a 'ton' ... well, literally and physically - it technically is 'tons' ... 5 cars at #3500lbs each, 17,500lbs of 370z ... youre right, those are 8.25 'tons' of cars making 700hp.

yea, tell me about it!! I run a DE!!!!!!

Heres my challenge to you:

#1. swap your broken OEM engine for an OEM engine and get your car up and running in an OEM state.
#2. build your broken engine with qualtiy aftermarket parts and get engine #1 back up and going (if you need a good place to start feel free to shoot me a PM), throw your turbos on, get your ECU figured out, and the 125 other things that need attention.
#3. swap your built block into the car and get it up and going, then tuned to 700+ hp
#4. document the journey, taking pictures, adding commentary, taking feedback in a build thread here and most importantly, prove that you can take on this challenge.

if you can complete steps #1 through #4 than you have a leg to stand-on and your figurative voice should be heard and respected ...

If you cannot then you're a typical Z-car keyboard-allstar who should take a backseat to those who have proven themselves.

here's my journey:
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...win-build.html

there are many others - you can find them here:
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...50-list-4.html
Thanks for motivation this is exactly what I was planning to do. It should be twice as impressive as I have zero experience . I accept your challenge. Stay posted.
The following users liked this post:
bealljk (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 10:40 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

The ball is in your court HRZ - time to do work!
The following users liked this post:
DarkZ03 (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 09:05 AM
DarkZ03

Received 494 Likes on 414 Posts

I wonder how long all those cars can hold it together with the stock block at those power levels, that's quite a bit over stock...