Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jim@showstoppers scams AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 05:08 PM
jperleon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jim@showstoppers scams AGAIN

On October 10th, I sent payment for a Carbon Fiber VS V1 front lip to Jim at showstoppers. When I sent payment, I got no response saying he recieved the payment or a tracking number. I thought no big deal, I will just PM him and get it. After a week and two PM's later, (the first one had no response) I finally recieved a tracking number saying he shipped it out the day I got the number! Now, I understand that he might not have any in stock (even though I was told they were) and that it takes time to get. But a PM with an update letting me know what was going on would be nice.

When i finally did recieve the lip, I inspected the box then signed for it. The box came in almost perfect condition with only one rip that didn't make it all the way threw. Later that day, I went for a test fit. The lip was about two inches short on the passenger side. When I found this out, I immediately PM'ed Jim to find a resolution. Also, I posted a thread which can be found in the exterior section. Now, I did recieve advice from a few memebers saying it is a tight fit and for some, it took two or three people to get it on the bumper. Jim also posted in this thread saying that the front bumper needed to be removed in order to put the front lip on the bumper. This was also sent in a PM to me. Now, my first intentions were for myself to install this lip. But when I was told by Jim the removal of the front bumper was needed, I did not feel comfortable doing this myself.

After I found out that the bumper needed to be removed I waited two days before I could take it to my local shop the FIRST time (my shop in town is also a seibon authorized dealer). Once at the shop, my bumper was removed and the front lip still did not fit. They put the bumper back on and since it was not installed they did not charge me. When I got home I then pm'ed Jim once again. This was the first of MANY pm's that went un-replied to. Jim sent one to about every 5 or 6 of my pm's. I have saved every pm that was sent and replied to. If anyone would like to see them. In one of the PM's he gave me his cell number, because he had to talk with Chuck about the situation, He asked me to call him the next day at around 4pm (EST) or 1pm his time. Like he ask, I called and no answer, I left a message with my phone number, and no call back. The next day same thing, I called, left another message with my number, and no call back. The same deal went on for a third day and fourth day as well.

I then got back on the forums and sent him another pm, once again no reply. I found his AOL Screen Name on his profile and decided to send him an instant message. About three hours later i get a reply on AIM we then talk and he assures me that the lip will fit because he just installed one on a 350z at his shop. I then take it back down to my shop for the SECOND time just to make sure. The employee's at the shop laughed but agreed and once again found time to take my bumper off and try it again and to there suprise, it did not fit.

So now, i'm pretty angry and seeing as Jim wants nothing to do with his customers, I ask my father to give him a call. My father knows about everything that has gone on seeing as I kept all the pm's sent and received from Jim. When my father calls he gets intouch with Chuck. I'm assuming Jim had discussed the problem with Chuck seeing as that what was taking so long for Jim to get back to me ( or so he said). My father then explained everything that has been going on and Chuck said he will call my father back the next day.

The next day no phone call. My father calls back and was told once again that he( Chuck) was going to call him back the in the next couple of days with a solution. About a week went by with no phone call from Jim or Chuck. My father then starts calling everyday and they never answer. He left many messages with his cell number and his house number for Chuck to call back, which he never did. Finally, he picks up and tells my father that he will be calling DHL to have them call my father to schedule a pick up of the front lip. This means shipping will be at Chuck's expense. I then waited for three days for DHL to call and guess what? They never did. Once again my father called back and Chuck blamed it on DHL. Chuck said he called DHL and gave them my fathers cell number so they can schedule a pick up. Also if you think it is funny that my father called, why didnt YOU OR CHUCK bother to call him back????( check my feedback on Itrader) Now, why would DHL choose to lose out on about a hundred dollar shipping deal? Oh yeah, they never got the call, thats why.

This now left me to contact paypal and dispute the charge or file a claim. When I contacted paypal three weeks ago they sent him an email requesting a refund to me and I will ship the lip back at his expense. Once again he never contacted paypal, nor myself. Earlier last week I contacted paypal once again and they sent him ANOTHER email saying he needs to refund my money so he wont have further complications with paypal, it also stated again that the lip is ready to be shipped back at his expense. Once again, Jim never contacted paypal or myself. If you say you never "recieved them", I havea carbon copy that paypal sent me when they sent it to you. I would be more than happy to email those to you if you would like. Now on December
24th, I sent him a PM on the forums telling him that paypal has tried to contact him twice and to email me back when DHL was coming to pick up the lip. Once again, NO REPLY!

NOW, I have been patient for almost four months now. I am out $365 dollars and a lip that doesn't fit. If you don't believe me that it doesn't fit, I will get my shop that took my bumper off to get on here and let you know. Or if you would really like I could have them call you, but then i'm sure you wouldn't answer. I have been nice and tried handling it without a problem but I'm over it. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. I dont want your product's anymore. This has been nothing but horrible customer service and I will tell ANYONE and EVERYONE to think twice about dealing with you. That includes other forums that you belong to.

The lip is packaged and ready for return shippment at YOUR expense.

Also, isn't it kind of funny that you responded ASAP to the feedback on itrader that i left you but couldn't bother to return a pm?

If my emails and phone calls didn't get your attention, maybe this will.

Last edited by jperleon; 12-26-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:12 PM
BhamZMan

I dont see why people keep ordering from this guy given all the negative publicity he has had over the past year
Old 12-26-2007, 05:17 PM
jperleon

there wasn't any negative feedback when i ordered. By again i'm referring to another user's post. Also there are a lot of people that praise him and I'm not sure why.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ok i dont understand how it cant fit... unless they recently changed the mold. i could understand poor fittment but not fitting at all doesnt make a lot of sense to me. Jim will make it right, i have 3 pm's im waiting for responses to but i know it might take some time this time of year. have tried to get a second opinion from another shop?
Old 12-26-2007, 05:25 PM
jperleon

Yes, I have and once again it doesnt fit. Thats what i was thinking but i'm a full two inches away on the passanger side. And i ordered on 10/10/07. not after 12/13.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:27 PM
jperleon

I have even tried laying the center section first then coming up and hooking. I also tried the method of angling with the passenger corner of the center section on, hooking the passenger side first and then bring up the driver's side. when i do that, first, the passenger side doesnt hook and second neither does the drivers. I've done both of these with the bumper on and off.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:32 PM
jperleon

right, that was after paypal said they refunded my money. and give me a few min and i'll have you the reciept of payment! Thanks for looking!

Looks like your wrong...

Last edited by jperleon; 12-26-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

what year is your z?
Old 12-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Zexy

I am having issues with them too. I have not gotten my exhaust yet. **** i hould have not bought from him..
Old 12-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics would help..
Old 12-26-2007, 06:18 PM
jperleon

my Z is on 03' and pics from my first attempt are here:

Originally Posted by jperleon
this is a gap

this is the pic of it being short
(from my previous post) this was the closest we could get it.

Everyone said that was normal, but it doesnt fit trust me. i've spent more hours than needed trying to get it.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Before we all jump on the band wagon lets take a look at this from both sides.

You original thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/309990-cf-lip-install.html

These pictures are with his bumper installed. I told Jordan that all the lips from seibon are like this to make them a "snug" fit. If a carbon lip is too big you can not prep it to make it fit. You must remove your front bumper to get the lip to fit. We've installed a couple of these lips at our shop and they are all the same. Even other members were saying in your other two threads their lips were the same. I've installed an authentic Veilside and it was the same also.

You were trying to install the lip yourself, you wanted to use just double sided tape. When I told you drilling would be required and removing your front bumper is also needed, you took it to a shop where they "help it up" to your bumper and said it was 2" too short.

Like we told you, if you want to pay for shipping back to me, I'll send you another one but your going to have to go through the same procedure to get it installed.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 12-26-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

You keep saying its 2" short, but it's clearly under a 1/2" with the bumper installed.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jperleon
my Z is on 03' and pics from my first attempt are here:

(from my previous post) this was the closest we could get it.

Everyone said that was normal, but it doesnt fit trust me. i've spent more hours than needed trying to get it.
Based on the pics, that piece will most likely fit. I have an authentic wald front piece and it was "shorter" than that if you just placed it up to it as you did in the pics. It takes a bit of skill to fit these types of pieces.... skill that it doesn't seem like you, nor your "shop" has...

that said, if things went down as you say, which I would say is one version of the truth, there is no excuse for the lack of communication from the guys at showstoppers...

Good luck in resolving the siutation
Old 12-26-2007, 06:32 PM
MUZZY

WOW..... looking at the pictures...... the lip will fit! I hade same issue with my lip.... you have to tilt the lip side ends up and get them behind the wheel wels then lift up gently to put in place.

sorry for your luck. but clearly... I dont see why it shouldnt fit with those pictures.

yes Jim sometimes could be a little late on some PM's but he will take care of it if its a legitemate problem.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:48 PM
jperleon

You all keep saying it is "going to fit". Like I told Jim I WAS going to install it myself until he told me to take the bumper off. And YES those pics are with the bumper on. Why would I have taken pics at the shop with the bumper off? There were many people there and they all said it WAS NOT going to fit. They are also an authorized seibon dealer just like Jim.

Also like I mentioned in the original post, I have tried all the directions and hints with and without the bumper on and it doesn't fit. Why would I pay for shipping when Chuck lied about calling DHL for a pick up?
Old 12-26-2007, 06:53 PM
jperleon

Originally Posted by Zexy
I am having issues with them too. I have not gotten my exhaust yet. **** i hould have not bought from him..

Your not the only one! There have been many negative threads about him on other forums.

Quick Reply: Jim@showstoppers scams AGAIN