Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a question about rear strut bar Z logo.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 07:37 PM
boeonlee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a question about rear strut bar Z logo.

I was looking for a part number or part name for rear strut bar Z logo.
Today I mistakenly removed this z logo. because the logo was getting worse cuz of sun. But the problem is this logo has attached with some sort of bond.
And it had not popped out clearly. Some part of Z logo still remain and it look bad. Is there anyone know how to remove Z logo on rear strut bar? I really need help! I don't know how to remove or replace it clearly.
Attached Thumbnails I have a question about rear strut bar Z logo.-img_1832.jpg  

Last edited by boeonlee; 12-17-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:31 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It may not be a simple stick on like the exterior logo. A mild acid, such as vinegar, may remove epoxy. Problem is if you go with a stronger acid it will remove epoxy but destroy everything else.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 PM
lbz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have to pop the covers on either side of the center piece first. Then you can pop off the center piece. You can then drill out the pegs / clips that are holding the remaining piece of the logo from underneath the center piece.

To get the side covers off, you have to pull up the hatch seal and pull the upper trim pieces off. After the seal is pulled up, just get in there with your fingers and give it a good pull, they will pop right off.

Then do the same thing at the outside end of each of the pieces on the side of the strut bar.

You can get a nice chromed emblem from CourtesyParts.com. Actually, they come in pairs for something around $30.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:56 AM
halfass872

I used bluebatmobile's overlay on mine, but i eventually removed that and just painted it (With the black Z still) because the color match was better the the overlay. You can find factory colored spraypaint through duplicolor's website if you want to paint match to your car. Been two years now, ant it still looks like the day i did it!

Here's my link when i did the overlay, it came out good, but took a while to get all teh wrinkles out.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...-ya-think.html

Last edited by halfass872; 12-18-2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:35 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by lbz
You have to pop the covers on either side of the center piece first. Then you can pop off the center piece. You can then drill out the pegs / clips that are holding the remaining piece of the logo from underneath the center piece.

To get the side covers off, you have to pull up the hatch seal and pull the upper trim pieces off. After the seal is pulled up, just get in there with your fingers and give it a good pull, they will pop right off.

Then do the same thing at the outside end of each of the pieces on the side of the strut bar.

You can get a nice chromed emblem from CourtesyParts.com. Actually, they come in pairs for something around $30.
This!

Getting the strut bar cover off is the most difficult part. Once that is off, it will take you all of 60 seconds to grind/drill off the back of the emblem. There is no adhesive to worry about. Good luck!

Last edited by JEKL; 12-18-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:03 PM
boeonlee

Default Finally I figured out and removed z emblem.

I am going to paint it and put this on soon.
But I have a question. I bought z emblem on courtesyparts.com but
what bond should I have to use? I guess interior is the most hottest area in summer. So I shouldn't use 3M stickers right? Please give and advise And also thanks about previous advise.. I am really glad I have bought 350z..
This community is amazing! I am loving it. haha..
Old 12-18-2009, 06:32 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by boeonlee
I am going to paint it and put this on soon.
But I have a question. I bought z emblem on courtesyparts.com but
what bond should I have to use? I guess interior is the most hottest area in summer. So I shouldn't use 3M stickers right? Please give and advise And also thanks about previous advise.. I am really glad I have bought 350z..
This community is amazing! I am loving it. haha..
3M would work just fine. Yes the interior gets hot, but so does the exterior and some of the emblems there are just held on with 3M tape.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:46 PM
lbz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in Southern California, plenty hot in the summer and my emblem has stuck just fine with the double stick that it came with.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:51 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by JEKL
3M would work just fine. Yes the interior gets hot, but so does the exterior and some of the emblems there are just held on with 3M tape.
+1

Get the gray 3M, not the white foamy looking 3M tape. Like many on here, my OEM spoiler is help on by 3M tape alone, and have had zero issues.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:57 AM
mnkyd21

Question- do you have a guide on how to get the strut bar's plastic pieces off to remove the Z log off of it?? I want to take it off and paint it silvers since the silver is scratching off over time. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:20 AM
TPete19

Originally Posted by mnkyd21
Question- do you have a guide on how to get the strut bar's plastic pieces off to remove the Z log off of it?? I want to take it off and paint it silvers since the silver is scratching off over time. Thanks!
Originally Posted by lbz

Answered 2 and a half years ago in this very thread.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:14 PM
mnkyd21

Thank you! I did pop off the black plastic cover pieces but i couldnt get the silver strut bar piece that has the logo on it off... a little scared to break it. Ill try again later... but it feel like its mounted on there.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:04 PM
hermosabestia_z

Anyone know if courtesy parts still sells the Z emblem only for the rear strut bar? Can't seem to find it. Looking everywhere for a Z emblem, help out fam. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2015, 04:42 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Fam says call 972.231.2600 , you can dew it!