Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just noticed these cut lines

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 06:16 PM
AmnCruzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Like I said: It depends on your application. If it's a DD, a mishi or koyo should be pretty good quality for a fair price, especially if you find a used one in good condition, It'll keep ur temps down compared to stock. For a more out there build, I would personally go with either a stillen or SARD, but those are really expensive and pretty much a bit of overkill unless your running a turbo (like me) or building the engine for high output.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:20 PM
acheung456

I think I'll just buy the tool, for future reference: The larger one is size 12 (3/4") and smaller is size 8 (1/2")
Old 07-27-2010, 06:24 PM
AmnCruzie

Haha yeah, definitely buy the tools if you can. none of the stores around here had the 1/2" so I had to use the tool on the 3/4 and then improvise on the smaller one w/ a screwdriver, a knife, a zip tie and some needle nose pliers...
Old 07-27-2010, 06:25 PM
AmnCruzie

^ Just realized how McGuyver that sounds lol
Old 07-27-2010, 06:26 PM
acheung456

Originally Posted by AmnCruzie
Well, Like I said: It depends on your application. If it's a DD, a mishi or koyo should be pretty good quality for a fair price, especially if you find a used one in good condition, It'll keep ur temps down compared to stock. For a more out there build, I would personally go with either a stillen or SARD, but those are really expensive and pretty much a bit of overkill unless your running a turbo (like me) or building the engine for high output.
I found a mishi + higher CPM fans + shroud/assembly for $400 BNIB. But that's down the road, I also found all the same for less than $100 OEM and used. So for now, I'm gonna get the car to stock/running haha. Once she's all cleaned up and DD-able, I'll start the mods. I'm on somewhat of a time-limit / budget constraint to get this done
Old 07-27-2010, 06:28 PM
acheung456

^ Just realized how McGuyver that sounds lol
xD haha, today when I removed my power steering coolant lines so i could run them through the headlight buckets, I had stubby flathead in one hand wedge in the hose pushing, while pulling with pliers in the other. When these hoses haven't been removed in ages they're such a PITA to get off (-.- )
Old 07-27-2010, 06:31 PM
AmnCruzie

Hahaha definitely understand that one man! It's a considerable price difference... You do what you gotta do. And if it'll get u up and running man, awesome. The sooner you can start enjoying ur Z the better!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:33 PM
AmnCruzie

Originally Posted by acheung456
xD haha, today when I removed my power steering coolant lines so i could run them through the headlight buckets, I had stubby flathead in one hand wedge in the hose pushing, while pulling with pliers in the other. When these hoses haven't been removed in ages they're such a PITA to get off (-.- )
Hahaha understatement!... When I did my turbo install, I swear I sprouted a head full of gray hair just dealing with all the hoses and lines everywhere
Old 08-03-2010, 06:05 AM
acheung456

I'm having a tough time visualizing this, but where my lines are cut are here, correct?

->

But what I'm having trouble seeing is, between my o-rings and where they weld into the condenser, that little strip of lines, do they come attached on the condenser if bought aftermarket?

For example this one:

^ That looks to have it wired up correctly on the left hand side, but I also run into one's that look like this, which seem to be missing a small little section since the high and low lines run side by side at this point:

^ Those seem prematurely detached, and if it came like that how would I go about finding that extra short little part of the line?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first time with the A/C system, and I'm not 100% on how it's all going to fit back together.

[EDIT]: Also does anyone have experience with ebay aftermarket condensers? can we trust the quality? I'd almost rather take my chances than pay $400+ for the part from courtesy

Last edited by acheung456; 08-03-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:53 AM
AmnCruzie

^ Yes, the lines are cut exactly where you circled on the diagram. As for the lines welded on to the heat exchanger, the pro radiator does seem to be a good fit, but with the other ones, since they are all most likely sample pictures, not the actual part shown, I would recommend calling the retailer and asking if it is a replacement for OEM, or if there is any modification/fabrication required. And if they say that yes, it is, have them give you some sort of guarantee that it will fit or they will give you your money back. It would probably save you some money compared to a stealership. As for the condenser, I have no knowledge about the ebay unit. Since it is just something as small/simple as a condenser, depending on the price of the ebay unit, I would probably just go w/ that and test it to see. It's not something that could entirely ruin your enginebay like a turbo or some rods/pistons, nor is it an extremely ugly, cheap looking exterior mod, so I don't see why ebay cant work (for this application at least hahaha)
Old 08-03-2010, 10:02 AM
acheung456

^ Yes, the lines are cut exactly where you circled on the diagram. As for the lines welded on to the heat exchanger, the pro radiator does seem to be a good fit, but with the other ones, since they are all most likely sample pictures, not the actual part shown, I would recommend calling the retailer and asking if it is a replacement for OEM, or if there is any modification/fabrication required. And if they say that yes, it is, have them give you some sort of guarantee that it will fit or they will give you your money back. It would probably save you some money compared to a stealership. As for the condenser, I have no knowledge about the ebay unit. Since it is just something as small/simple as a condenser, depending on the price of the ebay unit, I would probably just go w/ that and test it to see. It's not something that could entirely ruin your enginebay like a turbo or some rods/pistons, nor is it an extremely ugly, cheap looking exterior mod, so I don't see why ebay cant work (for this application at least hahaha)
Awesome, thanks. I'll just go with an ebay one most likely then and get this rebuild under way
Old 08-03-2010, 12:36 PM
AmnCruzie

true story! have fun with the rebuild man, and more importantly, have fun with the finished product! hahaha
Old 08-18-2010, 09:03 PM
AmnCruzie

So, whats the good word? How's the rebuild going?