Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left Rear Fender Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 11:35 PM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Left Rear Fender Removal

Does anyone kno if its possible to remove the left rear fender of the exterior and get it replaced? Its the fender where the antenna is. And if you know how much it costs to replace it, please state that too. Help is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by nitrousoxidex; 04-28-2004 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:42 PM
AmyCroft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Left Rear Panel Removal

Originally posted by nitrousoxidex
Does anyone kno if its possible to remove the left rear panel of the exterior and get it replaced? Its like the opposite panel of where you fill up your gas tank (where the antenna is). And if you know how much it costs to replace it, please state that too. Help is appreciated. Thanks
Yes - On this site a Member showed us the replacement in detail.

The guy owns a Body Shop in Florida..

He took step by step pictures of the replacement - and painting

The car was a Datona Blue - the thread wa about six months ago.. Wish I could remember the user's name.

Cheers Amy -
If I re-call I'll update.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:52 AM
drdisco

I think that was zpresence you are talking about. He is the one that does the paint for the engine covers. I think his family owns a body shop down in florida somewhere. By all accounts, the guy does awesome work. I plan on using him in the future.

As far a replacing the rear fender, it isn't a bolt on type of thing like the front fenders. The rear fenders are welded to the uni-body structure and have to be cut out and re-welded to be replaced. What you saw in the pictures I think you are referring to is just a replacement skin. If your only goal is to eliminate the hole where the antenna is, your best bet is to get a body shop to tack in a patch and re-paint that area. That would be a heck of a lot cheaper than replacing the entire fender. Chances are the replacement skin is already going to have the hole cut into it anyway.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:29 PM
BrickydZ

You are correct the rear "fender" area is actually called a quarter panel, and it is not a bolt on. It muts be cut off and a new part cut to fit and welded together. It is not a easy process but workable. It is the type of repair you do when only when you have too.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:37 AM
scubasteve

I had that rear fender completely replaced about a month ago. It's not a bolt on.....welds all the way. Best left to a professional
Old 05-11-2020, 02:26 PM
olivasaxel

Originally Posted by scubasteve
I had that rear fender completely replaced about a month ago. It's not a bolt on.....welds all the way. Best left to a professional
how much was the cost and where did you get it done get back to me please
Old 05-11-2020, 03:19 PM
KBoltz

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by olivasaxel
how much was the cost and where did you get it done get back to me please
dude,

The post was dated 2004. Go to a reputable body shop and ASK. Prices in California will be way different than anywhere else in the country.

Labor costs for paint and body will be commensurately different where I live in Georgia. Costs for materials up to and including disposable materials (tape, masking paper, etc..) are almost all locality dependent.

And, is the shop a certified shop or some place that just throws $hit up and you have to fight with them to do it right.

Try using google to look up local shops that are A+ rated by the BBB. That would be a great place to start.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:16 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

To add to that^^^, the rear fenders are part of the rear chassis of the Z. Double walled construction and weld-in repair for major dents. Not cheap to repair properly

Old 05-17-2020, 06:07 PM
calvin.w

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
To add to that^^^, the rear fenders are part of the rear chassis of the Z. Double walled construction and weld-in repair for major dents. Not cheap to repair properly
welp, time to get a weld kit and start welding random things till he gets it right lol