Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

HKS Super Charger Installed "WOW"

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 04:11 AM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, pls keep us posted. are those cams good for fi?
Old 06-15-2005, 04:14 AM
MR RIZK

When you say "main pulley" which pulley do you mean. The one that has both the SC belt and crank belt which is held by the 4 alankey bolts?

Hope all goes well at AAM
Old 06-18-2005, 11:06 PM
imoz

Anyone with a 2004 Z have this kit? Any issues with the 2004?
Old 06-19-2005, 01:07 PM
black350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NINJA-Z
HKS S/C............Here is my expierence with it. It is NOT tuneable. The only mods you can run with it are: Cams, Catback Exhaust. Nothing else. Do Not even chage your thermostat to a cooler one. I made 328 RWHP with no dropoff on 3 Dyno Pulls. The S/C stays very cool due to its own oiling system and oilcooler and intercooler, it stays very very cool to the touch. My A/F ratio is 9-9.5 under full boost. So....... since it was so rich we decided to spray the intercooler with NOS. Since there is some residual that stays in the intercooler it boosted the HP up to 369, A/F ratio peaked at 11.7. All that I have done to my car is Nismo Cams, Nismo Catback Exhaust, and the intercooler sprayer. Boost kicks in at around 3000 RPMs, from 10-15 MPH kick at 3000 -3500 RPM the car is very very fast. Like I have said I could not be more pleased. I have raced a C-6 Corvette, modded EVOs, WRXs,a 240 SX with a RB26 DETT engine swap and yes a Vortech S/C ed Z, and beat them all. I am not very good from a dead stop due to traction problems. Even shifting into second the car gets sideways. I have had no broken bolts, pulleys, no check engine lights, or belt slippage. It is a little more expensive, I paid 5600 for my kit but you dont have to do anything else to it to get nice power so in the end in my opinion it evens out. Again out of the box it was 328 RWHP, with cams and exhaust. The intercooler sprayer boosted it to 369, i have never used the intercooler sprayer except on the dyno. I am very pleased with the kit, would not trade it for TT or anyother form of F/I because of the quality and the safety of the kit.
this might sound stupid, but why did you choose this sc over stillens -aside from having to change your hood-? i thought stillens kit would be just as reliable and powerful?? Im not on either side for any kit, im just looking for some input.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:59 PM
ReavTek

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
just thought I would post this, my HKS went out yesterday dont know why yet but I lose all boost and one of the bolts that hold the main pully broke in half, kit was screaming like there was 0 oil but checking the level I had more then enough oil and the unit was still cool to the touch.

I am having AAM get my car today and after they look things over I will let you guys know what happend. also having some JWT cams installed while they have my car
Sounds great. I know NINJA has cams on his setup as well and he said he didn't have to do any tuning. So I'm guessing you plan on just plugging it in as well? Btw, you guys with the HKS SC, you don't do a reflash or anything just plug and play? If so, and if it is safe that is awesome. I'd definetly be happy with something around 330whp, especially considering the linear power gains seen from a SC. One more thing, what is the best price you've seen for the NISMO/JWT cams?
Old 06-20-2005, 12:29 AM
black350

Originally Posted by NINJA-Z
The hood was the main reason I went we the HKS, also the reputation of HKS and quality products. No reflash nothing just plug and go. The extra fuel is added by the 2 extra injectors included with the kit.
ic ic, hehe thanks for the info.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
just thought I would post this, my HKS went out yesterday dont know why yet but I lose all boost and one of the bolts that hold the main pully broke in half, kit was screaming like there was 0 oil but checking the level I had more then enough oil and the unit was still cool to the touch.
I am having AAM get my car today and after they look things over I will let you guys know what happend. also having some JWT cams installed while they have my car
you know va, much earlier in this thread you complained of having a noise at fwy speeds. do you think the noise you had is related to your current problem?
Old 06-27-2005, 04:01 AM
John at J&S

Default Timing

We delivered two units to HKS late last year, but haven't heard anything back.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:03 AM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by John at J&S
do you mean you returned two faulty units?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:03 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by John at J&S

yea please tell more I have a unit there now
Old 06-27-2005, 08:32 AM
John at J&S

I meant that they bought two of our timing controllers.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Reaper700

You can tune the A/F on t F-CON if you are an HKS Pro dealer. RCTS in Calgary was able to get about 15hp more that the stock setup from HKS.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:11 PM
nexstage350

do u happen to have that video of your hks superchager? i am very interested in this kit. thanks for your post
Old 07-06-2005, 08:30 PM
illZ

Originally Posted by Reaper700
You can tune the A/F on t F-CON if you are an HKS Pro dealer. RCTS in Calgary was able to get about 15hp more that the stock setup from HKS.
Reg @ RCTS rules.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by Reaper700
that's strange. xs engineering, an hks installer in huntington beach ca, says that without the v pro unit, the outa the box hks kit can't be tuned or altered in any way. is that not true?
Old 07-18-2005, 11:23 AM
forcedinductee

hi i am just starting the install of the HKS Rotrex s/c on a 350z convertable auto trans bone stock with 6032 miles on it, well the only mod that the car has is gramlights wheels and T1-S tires. i am going to port the compressor housing and change a few other things i will keep you all informed as to how this goes. i also have a Dynojet chassis dyno in my shop and i will fill you all in with the numbers that this kit produces.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by forcedinductee
hi i am just starting the install of the HKS Rotrex s/c on a 350z convertable auto trans bone stock with 6032 miles on it, well the only mod that the car has is gramlights wheels and T1-S tires. i am going to port the compressor housing and change a few other things i will keep you all informed as to how this goes. i also have a Dynojet chassis dyno in my shop and i will fill you all in with the numbers that this kit produces.
cool. i assume you have done a base dyno?

Quick Reply: HKS Super Charger Installed "WOW"