Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Install Complete and dynoed!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 12:47 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SirJonnyWispit
thanks man.. keep in mind and spread the word i can give ANY service info available to Infiniti to this community.
I will but FYI most of us already have the FSM for the Z or G.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:18 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I'm confused by the assumed relation between the ECU/stock O2 sensors and an aftermarket A/F guage that would be powered by a separate WB O2 sensor. One doesn't have anything to do with the other, does it?
Old 05-18-2005, 01:20 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by kcobean
I guess I'm confused by the assumed relation between the ECU/stock O2 sensors and an aftermarket A/F guage that would be powered by a separate WB O2 sensor. One doesn't have anything to do with the other, does it?
No the gauge he is referring to taps into the facotry narrowband O2 sensor that is on your car now. The Wideband O2s that everyone buys come with their own wideband O2 sensor and gauge usually. The Wideband being FAR more accurate then the narrowband..
Old 05-18-2005, 02:08 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
No the gauge he is referring to taps into the facotry narrowband O2 sensor that is on your car now. The Wideband O2s that everyone buys come with their own wideband O2 sensor and gauge usually. The Wideband being FAR more accurate then the narrowband..
Does the wideband/narrowband label refer to the resolution of the sensor itself?

Would putting a guage on a narrowband sensor have any real benefit? If so, I might change my auto-meter to a 3-guage and get an A/F guage in addition to Boost and EGT.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:09 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is for a gauge to mionitor A/F, right? Why would one need that, if this kit comes pre-tuned via an ECM flash out of the box?
Old 05-18-2005, 02:15 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
This is for a gauge to mionitor A/F, right? Why would one need that, if this kit comes pre-tuned via an ECM flash out of the box?
Yes the narrowband has less resolution...no real benefit to using...
Old 05-18-2005, 02:17 PM
MIAPLAYA

Just to keep tabs..
Old 05-18-2005, 02:25 PM
kcobean

Yeah, with F/I, it's important to know that you're ratio is staying proper. If you were to start running out of fuel pressure at the top end, you'd see it on the guage (not that the Turbonetics kit will with the upgraded pump/injectors, it's just an example)
Old 05-18-2005, 02:56 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kcobean
Yeah, with F/I, it's important to know that you're ratio is staying proper. If you were to start running out of fuel pressure at the top end, you'd see it on the guage (not that the Turbonetics kit will with the upgraded pump/injectors, it's just an example)
Ah, ok, so that gauge would be considered optional with this kit. What gauges are really needed, or maybe I should ask what gauges are recommended (in order of importance)?
Old 05-18-2005, 03:06 PM
MIAPLAYA

Ah, ok, so that gauge would be considered optional with this kit. What gauges are really needed, or maybe I should ask what gauges are recommended (in order of importance)?
Boost (1)
Wideband (or EGT) (2)
Fuel Pressure (3)
Oil Temp (4)
Water Temp (5)

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 05-18-2005 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:19 PM
taurran

Boot (1)
Wideband (or EGT) (2)
Fuel Pressure (3)
Oil Temp (4)
Water Temp (5)
Damn I can't seem to find a Boot gauge anywhere!!! jk, I think he meant Boost.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:20 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by taurran
Damn I can't seem to find a Boot gauge anywhere!!! jk, I think he meant Boost.
LOL...fixed..
Old 05-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Speed Dreams

It will not Turbonetics is using a trick that I first learned about in the Spec V world to solve the O2 sensor SES issue. My car has it applied and like I said I do not have an O2 sensor code... Basically you add some drilled out spark plug non-foulers to the O2 bungs. It ends up basically spacing the probe of the rear O2 sensors out about 2". By doing this you take the O2 probe just far enough out of the exhaust stream so that the change it is looking for in the lean rich signal is read correctly. Its a relatively simple mod and works well on various Nissan motors even those with a wideband O2. These are pre-welded in the bungs on all Turbonetics kits....bottom line=no O2 SES light.
Mia, when is Turbonetics going to incorporate this into the kit? Mine is the 23rd kit they released and doesn't come with this fix it. In turn my SES light popped after a few days and when scanned depicted air fuel sensors. I'm curious for the members not myself, most won't have the availability of a scan tool to see the problem and worry of other issues.
Also, for the kits sent without the O2 fix, will Turbonetics provide it at no charge?
Your SES is on in your vids, if it's not an O2 code I might be concerned.

On a lighter note, I love this system. The turbo pulls low, temps stay normal and it makes gobbs of tq down low.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:44 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Speed Dreams
Mia, when is Turbonetics going to incorporate this into the kit? Mine is the 23rd kit they released and doesn't come with this fix it. In turn my SES light popped after a few days and when scanned depicted air fuel sensors. I'm curious for the members not myself, most won't have the availability of a scan tool to see the problem and worry of other issues.
Also, for the kits sent without the O2 fix, will Turbonetics provide it at no charge?
Your SES is on in your vids, if it's not an O2 code I might be concerned.

On a lighter note, I love this system. The turbo pulls low, temps stay normal and it makes gobbs of tq down low.
I think so..call them...if not I'll find out when I talk to Brad..
Old 05-19-2005, 05:12 PM
taurran

An update on the group buy:

Turbonetics told AAM that our kits had shipped out almost two weeks ago, so I set an install for the end of the month... Come to find out, Turbonetics is out of v-band clamps for the kits and haven't even shipped them yet. No telling when they get these in. To make my install date I'm going to have to buy these three clamps (almost $150) and pay for overnight shipping.

I think these are the same clamps that were missing in previous shipments? I wish I had someone I could contact at Turbonetics directly and put some fire in their @$$. They build these kits like old people f***.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:11 PM
1 2 NV

Quote- Come to find out, Turbonetics is out of v-band clamps for the kits and haven't even shipped them yet. No telling when they get these in.

Say this isnt so?!!! That just sucks!! This is just tourture! I called T-netics maybe a week and a half ago and they told me they were going to ship them in the mid month so I was thinking mine was already in the mail. I hate being at the mercy of a company. Maybe we'll get lucky and they will receive the clamps by Mon. so the kits will get shipped out next week.(fingers crossed)
Old 05-19-2005, 07:20 PM
taurran

I can't wait that long. My install is supposed to be going on the 31st.

The worse part is they told us they were shipping out over a week ago...

Do you have a contact I can call directly at turbonetics? I'd like to talk to someone there.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:33 AM
SirJonnyWispit

im in the same boat... what i heard is that they were shipping them out mid month and it would take around 5 days to get here. then i found this out yesterday from the dealer i bought from. they have had my 4600 bucks for a month now and i havent got anything to show for it... i dont like it.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:23 AM
taurran

I'll just say that so far dealing with Turbonetics has been a nightmare. Their service sucks, and they just don't seem to care about sending out their product in a timely manner.

This kit had better be worth it.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:28 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by taurran
I'll just say that so far dealing with Turbonetics has been a nightmare. Their service sucks, and they just don't seem to care about sending out their product in a timely manner.

This kit had better be worth it.
I'm am pretty surprised to hear this going on..I'm going to call Brad right now and see whats up...as for a contact at Turbonetics ask for Reggie in Customer Service. He is the one who took care of the missing clamp issue.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Install Complete and dynoed!!