Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Install Complete and dynoed!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 09:27 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kcobean
Do you know if the T-netics reflash turns off the O2 sensor function? MIA said that the SES light should NOT be on after the install of this kit, so it sounds like it does, but it would be nice to know for sure. I'd hate to have to keep resetting the ECU to turn it off if it's going to keep coming on. Thanks.
It will not Turbonetics is using a trick that I first learned about in the Spec V world to solve the O2 sensor SES issue. My car has it applied and like I said I do not have an O2 sensor code... Basically you add some drilled out spark plug non-foulers to the O2 bungs. It ends up basically spacing the probe of the rear O2 sensors out about 2". By doing this you take the O2 probe just far enough out of the exhaust stream so that the change it is looking for in the lean rich signal is read correctly. Its a relatively simple mod and works well on various Nissan motors even those with a wideband O2. These are pre-welded in the bungs on all Turbonetics kits....bottom line=no O2 SES light.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
It will not Turbonetics is using a trick that I first learned about in the Spec V world to solve the O2 sensor SES issue. My car has it applied and like I said I do not have an O2 sensor code... Basically you add some drilled out spark plug non-foulers to the O2 bungs.
I have this on my car as well....it works! Before the non foulers I drove around for almost a year with that damn f'ing SES light....so annoying!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:33 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Gman2004
I have this on my car as well....it works! Before the non foulers I drove around for almost a year with that damn f'ing SES light....so annoying!
Yes sir...it has worked countless times. Turbonetics is also pre drilling and welding them in the piping so it takes the guess work out of it...
Old 05-17-2005, 09:34 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
It will not Turbonetics is using a trick that I first learned about in the Spec V world to solve the O2 sensor SES issue. My car has it applied and like I said I do not have an O2 sensor code... Basically you add some drilled out spark plug non-foulers to the O2 bungs. It ends up basically spacing the probe of the rear O2 sensors out about 2". By doing this you take the O2 probe just far enough out of the exhaust stream so that the change it is looking for in the lean rich signal is read correctly. Its a relatively simple mod and works well on various Nissan motors even those with a wideband O2. These are pre-welded in the bungs on all Turbonetics kits....bottom line=no O2 SES light.
Fantastic! Thanks MIA!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:43 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by kcobean
Fantastic! Thanks MIA!
No worries....
Old 05-17-2005, 10:28 AM
SpeedDreamTuner

Originally Posted by taurran
Hey Speed Dreams, are you running the Turbonetics ST with a Kinetix V4 plenum? If so, any issues? I'm planning on using my v4 with the kit. I don't think there will be any problems, just want to make sure.
The V4 seemed more noisey, I switched back to the stock and it liked it better.

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
How about on '03 cars? How does the catless kit deal with the O2 sensors and avoid tripping the CEL? Does the standard reflash not shut them off or is there something else working here? I'm not too familiar with how our cats/sensors/ECM work/communicate, so the more info. on this I can get prior to making a decision, the better. I just want it to be able to pass the inspection process that I described above.
The reflash would be capable of turning them off but most tuners will not due to liability issues. Simulators will not help you pass emissions, they just fool the ecu that exhaust gases are ok.
The best thing to do is install the Turbonetics down pipes with high flow cats, that's what I will be doing.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:14 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by SpeedDreamTuner
The V4 seemed more noisey, I switched back to the stock and it liked it better.
heeh. So it DID work? I'm not really concerned with what noise it makes, I'm just concerned with what works and what doesn't. As long as the thing doesn't crack or spring leaks under stock boost, then I'll continue to be confident that I can use mine with the kit.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:20 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by taurran
heeh. So it DID work? I'm not really concerned with what noise it makes, I'm just concerned with what works and what doesn't. As long as the thing doesn't crack or spring leaks under stock boost, then I'll continue to be confident that I can use mine with the kit.
There is a guy here in the Mid-A that basically blew the top off of his V4 plenum with an ATI procharger and 7 lb pulley. The car ran for quite a few months before it blew up, but I think I'd be more comfortable with a cast plenum.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:01 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpeedDreamTuner
The reflash would be capable of turning them off {O2 sensors} but most tuners will not due to liability issues. Simulators will not help you pass emissions, they just fool the ecu that exhaust gases are ok.
The best thing to do is install the Turbonetics down pipes with high flow cats, that's what I will be doing.
If I am reading this correctly as well as what MIAPLAYA said above, the kit comes set up to fool the O2 sensors and subsequently the ECM, correct? Thus no CEL and nothing out of the ordinary as far as the ECM is concerned, right? If this is the case, I think it'll be fine here in Houston, as all they do for OBDII inspection is jack into the OBDII port and see if everything is kosher according to the car's computer; they do no physical sniffer test. Am I missing something?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:17 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
If I am reading this correctly as well as what MIAPLAYA said above, the kit comes set up to fool the O2 sensors and subsequently the ECM, correct? Thus no CEL and nothing out of the ordinary as far as the ECM is concerned, right? If this is the case, I think it'll be fine here in Houston, as all they do for OBDII inspection is jack into the OBDII port and see if everything is kosher according to the car's computer; they do no physical sniffer test. Am I missing something?
Yes, yes, yes, yes....
Old 05-18-2005, 11:54 AM
SirJonnyWispit

ill be installing the turbonetics kit next week and have boost and a/f gauges sitting here waiting to go in... since the reflash omits the 02 function what will my gauge do? anything?? or did i wasted money on it? thanks
Old 05-18-2005, 12:02 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by SirJonnyWispit
ill be installing the turbonetics kit next week and have boost and a/f gauges sitting here waiting to go in... since the reflash omits the 02 function what will my gauge do? anything?? or did i wasted money on it? thanks
Which guage are you referring to? The a/f guage is fed a signal by a wideband O2 sensor that you have to purchase (I think the '05's have a wideband sensor already installed). The guage isn't fed any signaling by the ECU itself.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:13 PM
SirJonnyWispit

its a defi d-gauge.... i know i know its not accurate for anything and "just a light show" but will it even show anything at all?? its a needle type that would normally bounce back and forth just to look cool... will it do anything with the reflash or is it just going to sit there? if it is its fo sale never been opened! 52MM black face amber numbers, matches the stockers perfectly
Old 05-18-2005, 12:15 PM
MIAPLAYA

its a defi d-gauge.... i know i know its not accurate for anything and "just a light show" but will it even show anything at all?? its a needle type that would normally bounce back and forth just to look cool... will it do anything with the reflash or is it just going to sit there? if it is its fo sale never been opened! 52MM black face amber numbers, matches the stockers perfectly
It will do something. The primary O2s are still functional in fact all four are..The rear O2s are the only ones that are really modified in regards to function and they are not whAt you would tap aynways...
Old 05-18-2005, 12:18 PM
SirJonnyWispit

yea im with you now. i thought all 4 were modified. i see all these posts about ses lights and wonder why ive never had one come on and ive been running helix test pipes with the injen true dual for 6 months now.. am i just that lucky???
Old 05-18-2005, 12:19 PM
SirJonnyWispit

BTW i work at infiniti and can post any kind of service pages we need for a g35 coupe all years... most of it will apply to our 350's also. just letting you guys know i will help when needed... just PM me if you need something and ill get back shortly
Old 05-18-2005, 12:19 PM
MIAPLAYA

yea im with you now. i thought all 4 were modified. i see all these posts about ses lights and wonder why ive never had one come on and ive been running helix test pipes with the injen true dual for 6 months now.. am i just that lucky???
Its possible...
Old 05-18-2005, 12:20 PM
SirJonnyWispit

MIA do you still only have the 3 videos on your site? any new ones anywhere? im getting very impatient waiting on my kit to arrive
Old 05-18-2005, 12:21 PM
MIAPLAYA

Here you go

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/123231-new-turbonetics-pics-and-two-vids.html
Old 05-18-2005, 12:36 PM
SirJonnyWispit

thanks man.. keep in mind and spread the word i can give ANY service info available to Infiniti to this community.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Install Complete and dynoed!!