Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Turbonetics ST Install Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 09:50 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbonetics
That needs to be answered by Avalon...i will have our Sales department contact Avalon to provide the latest information...sorry for the vague answer but in this case Avalon is our direct customer and how many and where they are being shipped is up to Avalon. I hope you understand that I am not trying to avoid the question just trying not to get in the middle our distribution and thier customers.
I don't want to provide inaccurate information.

Brad
It's all good. Thanks for the answer Brad. I really appreciate it.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:12 AM
BPL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all the testing we had done prior to the release of this kit we had not experienced the ecm trip from the a/f sensors placement...we have had two other dealer installations that have though (both on 04’ cars) and we have been testing a new prototype down pipe with the extensions that is going into production over the next few weeks. This new revision down pipe will be implemented across the board, if you already own one of our kits and this problem exist on your car please call our customer service department and speak to Reggie, his direct line is 805-581-6710 and we will exchange the new pipe at no cost.

Brad
Cool!! I'm getting AF Sensor 1 rich codes on my '04 so it's nice to hear you're willing to swap the part for no cost. I'll give Reggie a call.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Turbonetics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BPL
Cool!! I'm getting AF Sensor 1 rich codes on my '04 so it's nice to hear you're willing to swap the part for no cost. I'll give Reggie a call.
Sounds good, just keep in mind it's going to be a few weeks until production pipes are ready.

Brad
Old 06-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Peking

Sounds good, just keep in mind it's going to be a few weeks until production pipes are ready.

Brad
God, at no additional cost (well for those experiencing that problem anyway) is a good deal
Old 06-03-2005, 01:49 PM
xxlbeerZ

Actually it's not, the down pipe is a V-Band connection at both ends. You will need to remove the cross over pipe first (V-band on one end, 3 bolt on the other) then the down pipe but it will all slide out pretty easily...without a lift should take less than an hour.

There is around 100 systems on the road so far with just a couple experiencing the problem...we will work with you guys in what ever direction you choose to go...wait or not...

Brad

100 of this specific kit on the road?
Old 06-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Turbonetics

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
100 of this specific kit on the road?
That's correct...
Old 06-03-2005, 02:12 PM
xxlbeerZ

I always thought people doing these sorts of mods were on the forums, guess not...
Old 06-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Turbonetics

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
I always thought people doing these sorts of mods were on the forums, guess not...
not everybody...but we also have over 2,800 distributors/dealers around the world...granted not all of them are going to be selling 350Z kits though.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:14 PM
taurran

Hey guys, just got back from the shop where I spent the afternoon following the install. The kit is installed completelely and when I left they were finishing up the gauges. I had to go in to work tonight, so they're going to finish up the last touches and keep it in the shop overnight.

Tomorrow is a dyno day for Supras, and Martin is actually going to get me in first before they start their dynos. So, I'm going in at 10am to watch it on its dyno runs.

Just wanted to add that the kit looks NICE. So far I've heard nothing but kudos on how nice it looked under the hood. I can't wait till tomorrow when I get to drive it out of the shop. The install has definitely not been easy, the tightness of the kit in the engine bay and with the headers has definitely been difficult, but I think the results will speak for itself. Martin hasn't been rushing anything, so I expect everything will be done right the first time.

So, here's a few pics of the car before we put the wheels back on and got it on the ground. The car is actually in its finished state now, but I'll provide some finished pics in the morning when we get it on the dyno. Unfortunately I had to run it to work so couldn't see it finished.

Actually just got off the phone with Martin and he said he started the car and let it idle for 20 minutes. He says everything looks and sounds normal.

Here's some pics.
Attached Thumbnails My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-daythree01.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-daythree02.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-daythree03.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-daythree04.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-daythree05.jpg  

Old 06-03-2005, 03:26 PM
taurran

By the way, we went ahead and put the full six quarts of turbonetics oil in. Turbonetics or MIA, is this correct? Thanks.

By the way, the Turbonetics oil is BLUE. Thought it was kinda funny lookin.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Turbonetics

Originally Posted by taurran
By the way, we went ahead and put the full six quarts of turbonetics oil in. Turbonetics or MIA, is this correct? Thanks.

By the way, the Turbonetics oil is BLUE. Thought it was kinda funny lookin.
NO....the car should take just under 5 qrts...see attachment for the oil itself.

Brad
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Turbonetics TS-1 TPI.pdf (59.2 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by Turbonetics; 06-03-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:03 PM
taurran

Ugh. I guess we'll drain off a quart tomorrow before we run it... Thanks Brad.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Phatmitzu

Sawweeet! Cant wait for the dyno tomorrow.

Questions,

1) Approx how many hours did your shop take for the whole install?
2) What kind of 380 injectors the kit came with? RC's? Direct drop in?
3) Do the injectors come with new O rings? or reusing the factory ones?

Old 06-03-2005, 09:07 PM
jlimquest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone had a blown engine w/ Turbonetics? I have a 5AT w/ just stock internals & would like to find out it's reliability for NA setup. What would the max boost be for a stock 5AT? Will it ruin my transmission?
Thanks!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:09 PM
nickgundara

Im a noob to a lot of this....but what are those red wires in the picture? Is that a grounding kit??
Old 06-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Speed Dreams

With all the testing we had done prior to the release of this kit we had not experienced the ecm trip from the a/f sensors placement...we have had two other dealer installations that have though (both on 04’ cars) and we have been testing a new prototype down pipe with the extensions that is going into production over the next few weeks. This new revision down pipe will be implemented across the board, if you already own one of our kits and this problem exist on your car please call our customer service department and speak to Reggie, his direct line is 805-581-6710 and we will exchange the new pipe at no cost.

Brad
Thanks for the information Brad.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:37 AM
snapb1

SO???? What's the verdict? I assume you are out driving her, which is a good thing.

Congrats man. Have fun in her but be careful.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:27 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, Looking good Taurran. I was wondering if you had considered cutting down the excess screw-shafts on some of the v-band clamps? I could see doing this for two reasons: 1) To avoid the chance of them chafing/rubbing/snagging on things, and 2) for looks.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:55 AM
MIAPLAYA

So far the kit has been relable..no major issues. Testing just completed on the 5at version and it should be ready to go soon.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:29 AM
taurran

Hey guys just got back and am starving so I'm going to get something to eat. The kit is up and running. Today we dyno'd first thing. The numbers were about where we thought they would be for only two runs. 2nd run it put down 366rwhp. It was the first time the car had really been taken past idle so we think the ECU is going to need time to adjust to the 93 octane and get the timing spot on. I'm going to be taking the car back in to dyno in a week or two to get some solid runs. I think I'll be hitting aroud 380 once the ECU has time to settle in. As for now, it's pouring down rain outside so I'm waiting to drive it more. The car REALLY pulls.

I'll make a more in depth post with pics after I get some food. brb.

Quick Reply: My Turbonetics ST Install Thread