Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Turbonetics ST Install Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Gman2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AxionF117
I think I've asked this 1000x but wheres the G35 kit?

Mia posted a couple of days ago that it would be out in two weeks.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:10 AM
AxionF117

sweet, thank you.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:13 AM
MIAPLAYA

Yes Brads car is in the shop this week and next week for final fitment test, dyno test, and road testing.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:13 AM
taurran

Okay. I went in today and was able to hang around the shop for about two or so hours hours. When I got there, Martin had already removed the upper and lower plenum and installed the injectors. During the time I was there at the shop, the stock plenum was reinstalled and gasket changed, the air conditioner line was rerouted, the bumper was removed, and he had begun to reroute the steering fluid cooler to the wheel well.

I only got 5 decent pics today. Unfortunately I got called into work as the 1st is the most busy day of work for me. Hopefully I can get much more pics tomorrow as I have all afternoon off.

Pics:
1) Lower plenum off, injectors in.
2) Parts on the floor
3) Reinstalling the stock plenum
4) Correctly routed air conditioner line
5) Bumper off.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'm going to check up on the status today at lunch to see what's going on. I'm still worried about the downpipe and headers so I will definitely check on that.
Attached Thumbnails My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-install001.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-install002.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-install003.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-install004.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-install005.jpg  

Old 06-01-2005, 11:15 AM
MIAPLAYA

Good pics....
Old 06-01-2005, 11:40 AM
taurran

Just got a call from the shop and he says that the AC compressor bolts aren't matching up, and the ones in the picture are different than the compressor bolts on my car. Heard anything about this, MIA? I'm WAY too busy at work to really look into this, I guess I'll try calling turbonetics later.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:50 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by taurran
Just got a call from the shop and he says that the AC compressor bolts aren't matching up, and the ones in the picture are different than the compressor bolts on my car. Heard anything about this, MIA? I'm WAY too busy at work to really look into this, I guess I'll try calling turbonetics later.
AC COmpressor bolts? No..I don't think the AC compressor has to be removed to install the kit. It certainly is not in the instructions I have. Are you sure thats what he was asking?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:55 AM
MIAPLAYA

I double checked the instructions and they only reference to the AC compressor is when they replace the one AC line. The compressor is not altered itself.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Phatmitzu

Nice pix. Make sure to take one with the intercooler mounted! before the bumper goes on.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:19 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the install instructions, two of the compressor hex bolts get removed so that a support bracket can be installed under the bolt heads. Specifically, in the revision that I have, it's step 46/47. This is revision 60130_prelim.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:24 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I double checked the instructions and they only reference to the AC compressor is when they replace the one AC line. The compressor is not altered itself.
MIA, on step 46 in the installation instructions it shows two bolts on the bottom of the AC compressor used to secure the piping in place. On my 03 model apparently there is only one bolt present on the bottom of the AC compressor, and he's having issues with that. Apparently he was able to get it to work but it's not as stable as it should be.

Possibly a difference in the 03 and 04 Z's? Have you talked to anyone who has installed this on an 03?
Old 06-01-2005, 12:25 PM
MIAPLAYA

Ah yes I do see that now...however it doesn't have you replacing any bolts that I can see. It looks like you use the factory bolts...
Old 06-01-2005, 12:26 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by kcobean
In the install instructions, two of the compressor hex bolts get removed so that a support bracket can be installed under the bolt heads. Specifically, in the revision that I have, it's step 46/47. This is revision 60130_prelim.
Exactly. Apparently on my compressor there is only one bolt present to secure it with. Hmm... I wish I was there to see it, but I'm only going off what I have been told over the phone. I hate work...

Last edited by taurran; 06-01-2005 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:51 PM
MIAPLAYA

MIA, on step 46 in the installation instructions it shows two bolts on the bottom of the AC compressor used to secure the piping in place. On my 03 model apparently there is only one bolt present on the bottom of the AC compressor, and he's having issues with that. Apparently he was able to get it to work but it's not as stable as it should be.

Possibly a difference in the 03 and 04 Z's? Have you talked to anyone who has installed this on an 03?
I just talked to Brad and he said that he heard that first two months of Z production the Z was being shipped with a different AC compressor then every other Z after it. He had not heard of any cars that had this be a problem and was unable to find one that had this compressor. Is your's an early model Z? If so is there anyway the shop or you could get a pic of the AC compressor bolts and send them to Brad. he will get with the kit designer and ensure all is well or come up with an alternative before the final pieces go on. PM me for the email address.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:00 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I just talked to Brad and he said that he heard that first two months of Z production the Z was being shipped with a different AC compressor then every other Z after it. He had not heard of any cars that had this be a problem and was unable to find one that had this compressor. Is your's an early model Z? If so is there anyway the shop or you could get a pic of the AC compressor bolts and send them to Brad. he will get with the kit designer and ensure all is well or come up with an alternative before the final pieces go on. PM me for the email address.
Yes. My car is a first run 03. I had no idea I had a different compressor... I'll PM you.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:15 PM
MIAPLAYA

Got you back.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Phatmitzu

Another question.
Can the reflash be made for to the 440 injectors? or only to the 380 that the kit comes with?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:41 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
Another question.
Can the reflash be made for to the 440 injectors? or only to the 380 that the kit comes with?
The base kit comes with 380ccs and a flash but Turbonetics has done a flash for 500cc injectors i believe. There will be an option to have 500cc injectors and a reflash tune with this kit instead of the 380 injectors and tune. However full testing has not been done yet so it is not released. But sure they can do anything you want. Turbonetics is all about customizing things to a customers needs. PM me if you need more info.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:25 PM
taurran

Ok. Talked to MIA and the guys at Turbonetics and from everything they tell me, the kit should still work even with the single bolt in. Apparently they just did an in-house install on the automatic Z and had the same issue and it was no prob.

Now my problem is, the headers. Apparently from looking at things it either won't fit or will be too close to be usefull. So, I can either have XAT fab me a downpipe that fits, or swap out my stock exhaust manifolds. Problem is that now my stock manifolds are COMPLETELY covered in rust. I don't think I'd want to put them back on unless I could get them sandblasted and powdercoated.

So, tomorrow I'm going to go in and try to set things straight and get the install back on track. Thanks guys, and wish me luck.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:05 PM
MIAPLAYA

Ok. Talked to MIA and the guys at Turbonetics and from everything they tell me, the kit should still work even with the single bolt in. Apparently they just did an in-house install on the automatic Z and had the same issue and it was no prob.

Now my problem is, the headers. Apparently from looking at things it either won't fit or will be too close to be usefull. So, I can either have XAT fab me a downpipe that fits, or swap out my stock exhaust manifolds. Problem is that now my stock manifolds are COMPLETELY covered in rust. I don't think I'd want to put them back on unless I could get them sandblasted and powdercoated.

So, tomorrow I'm going to go in and try to set things straight and get the install back on track. Thanks guys, and wish me luck.
taurran you may want to contact Brad or Jahme over at Turbonetics and see what they think about a modified downpipe. I think they might be able to give XAT some ideas on which way to go if you go that route. I did mention to Brad today on the phone you were going to be trying to install the kit with the DC Sports headers. He sames very interested in the results. Anyways let me know if there is anything else I can do to help out.

Quick Reply: My Turbonetics ST Install Thread