Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the7ferret
What about a 350z with a N/A application.

Will work just fine. We are actually about to tune an NA 350Z with the EU setup on Friday. I am excited to see how much NA power we can extract just with optimizing the fuel and timing curve.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:48 PM
DandyMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharif are you going to try the extended rev limit on the VQ at some point?
Old 08-10-2005, 08:52 PM
DandyMax

Just checked on this again... apparently the setup was the problem, not the EU, which is good news.

Originally Posted by DandyMax
In theory yes, as long as the crank signal is compatible (which has been already proven on the VQ35). As far as I know no one with a VQ series engine has tried it yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but you can bet on me doing so once I get mine installed.

IIRC, I believe the guy at Transonic Racing has gotten it working on an IS300 to a point... the rev limit increase seems to work fine but there appears to be a bug in Greddy's software such that the EU is not quite ouputting the proper I/J pulse width. His A/F was therefore leaning out on him. Either that or he's got a setup problem that hasn't been discovered yet. However the car was happily revving up past the factory limit. Seems like 2 separate issues really.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:56 PM
JClaw

Simple question (that might have already been answered). What kind of Laptop is required to work with the UE? Mine is much slower than my computer... it's a 700mhz Compact (64mo).
Old 08-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Badmonkey

The software calls for a Pentium III, 500 Mhz or higher, 128 MB RAM (256 recommended), 20 MB available hard drive space, 1024 x 768 resolution, 16 bit, CD-Rom, and USB 1.1 or higher.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:52 PM
kevlo911

Originally Posted by JClaw
Simple question (that might have already been answered). What kind of Laptop is required to work with the UE? Mine is much slower than my computer... it's a 700mhz Compact (64mo).

Add an 128mb stick to it and you're good to go.

www.pricewatch.com has some decent prices.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:46 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Will work just fine. We are actually about to tune an NA 350Z with the EU setup on Friday. I am excited to see how much NA power we can extract just with optimizing the fuel and timing curve.

keep us posted man,

really curious

also tell us all info about the car you can - what mods, what power it was making before the EU etc

I think one of the primary benefits of it isn't going to be so much getting more power, but to keep the timing and fuel more consistent so the ECU isn't always trying to change it and then get away with doing it.

It's probably more noticable on a NA car than a FI car when you lose 10-15 whp because timing was pulled
Old 08-12-2005, 05:55 AM
JonathanAboona

excited to see what numbers are good or bad !!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:28 AM
STFU Tuning

Well, I was running erands today and I happen to be near my distributor's warehouse so I poked my head in really quick and decided to give the EU a try. Per Sharif's suggestion, I picked up a EU, harness, presure sensor, and pressure sensor harness.

I know I'm not right on this, but it looks more complicated than an AEM, GEMS, MOTEC.... I'm sure that isn't the case and it all just seems foreign at first glance. I bought my 350Z as a project car for my company and also so I wouldn't have to drive my EVO everyday (too much attention). For now its bone stock, so I'm going to start tuning from here and eventually work my way up to custom twins. I just want to see what gains are available at different mod stages as well how they translate to gains on the road course and perhaps the drag strip (I'm not much for drag racing, but I do it for development purposes).

Anyways, I'll try to get some results as soon as I get this thing wired. I'm going to order an extention harness from Sharif and get started ASAP. I'm a bit spoiled by plug in stand alones and pre-wired harnesses, but I'll get this thing wired up as soon as I figure it out. I'll hopefully get to test on several octane levels, 91, 100, and maybe some leaded fuel when the cats come out.

BTW, I know this is a 350 board, but you guys should check out D-Sport magazine this month. The EVO on the cover is a client of mine who had all the mechanical work done in San Diego at RnR Racing. It's pretty impressive, although I see VQ's making way more pump power at way less boost. Ahhhh.... Displacement. Now if we had AWD....
Old 08-15-2005, 09:38 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any updates on that NA car sharif?
Old 08-15-2005, 10:49 AM
roncfpz

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I just got off the phone with GReddy and, according to them, you cannot raise the rev limit on auto trans with eManage Ultimate. Looks like it will still require a flash from Technosquare.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by sentry65
any updates on that NA car sharif?
It should be tuned this week. Trying to squeeze it in between other projects. I'll post the results in a dedicated thread once that occurs.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:48 PM
JClaw

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I just got off the phone with GReddy and, according to them, you cannot raise the rev limit on auto trans with eManage Ultimate. Looks like it will still require a flash from Technosquare.
So does this mean it DOES raise the rev limiter on a Manual Trans? *crosses fingers*
Old 08-15-2005, 07:33 PM
DandyMax

Originally Posted by roncfpz
On all cars, or just on the Z? Has this been determined (ie-100% proven) based on experience with an actual installation (and again, what vehicle)?

If the rev-limit on a VQ is fuel-cut based only, why would it make a difference which tranny? The EU should be feeding the computer a fake rpm signal, and any real signal it's getting is coming from the crank signal, which will be the same no matter which tranny. Unless there's some other mechanism besides fuel cut or I'm missing something obvious.

JClaw, as far as I can determine from searching around the web no one has tried the rev limit increase on a VQ. There's a guy with an IS300 who got it to work but that's a different car obviously. Give me a week to two and I'll let you know conclusively.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:18 AM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by DandyMax
On all cars, or just on the Z? Has this been determined (ie-100% proven) based on experience with an actual installation (and again, what vehicle)?

If the rev-limit on a VQ is fuel-cut based only, why would it make a difference which tranny? The EU should be feeding the computer a fake rpm signal, and any real signal it's getting is coming from the crank signal, which will be the same no matter which tranny. Unless there's some other mechanism besides fuel cut or I'm missing something obvious.

JClaw, as far as I can determine from searching around the web no one has tried the rev limit increase on a VQ. There's a guy with an IS300 who got it to work but that's a different car obviously. Give me a week to two and I'll let you know conclusively.
This is what I was told by one of GReddy's techs as it relates to the Z. Not sure about any other cars since my questions was strictly regarding my auto Z. I should be receiving the eManage Ultimate soon from Sharif and will attempt it in the coming weeks. Will def keep all posted.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:30 AM
DandyMax

Yes please keep us posted. I'm curious as to why it wouldn't work on an auto...

Also, just to correct a mistatement in my last post: I don't think the EU fakes an rpm signal. It only taps the crank line, not intercepts it. It intercepts airflow (maf)...
Old 08-16-2005, 07:55 AM
2JZfan

ok, stupid question time... How does the EU deal with larger injectors? I looked at the EU software and I didn't see where it would take any kind global injector parameter... obviously, if you put in injectors that are 30% larger, you can go into the fuel map and take out 30% to get back to where you started for the normal driving conditions... but what about things like cranking and accel enrichment? I don't see a way to set those things in the software... is there something that i'm missing or do you have to just live with not being able to adjust these areas?

Last edited by 2JZfan; 08-16-2005 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by 2JZfan
ok, stupid question time... How does the EU deal with larger injectors? I looked at the EU software and I didn't see where it would take any kind global injector parameter... obviously, if you put in injectors that are 30% larger, you can go into the fuel map and take out 30% to get back to where you started for the normal driving conditions... but what about things like cranking and accel enrichment? I don't see a way to set those things in the software... is there something that i'm missing or do you have to just live with not being able to adjust these areas?

Injector scaling is now done via Injector Pulse Width Correction instead of MAF adjustment. This a great improvment over eManage Blue. You can perform injector scaling via "before" "after" settings in the parameters settings.

THe EU only taps the crank wire, and doesnt alter it. You have all kinds of correction maps for decel, accel, etc, that you can program yourself. All of this is done via time reference, and IPW changes, but no need to alter the crank signal, per se.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:20 AM
IceY2K1Max

Have you logged this?

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Injector scaling is now done via Injector Pulse Width Correction instead of MAF adjustment. This a great improvment over eManage Blue. You can perform injector scaling via "before" "after" settings in the parameters settings.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:22 AM
IceY2K1Max

Sharif,

Could explain how the timing advance works, since you said you would/could PLEASE?

Quick Reply: eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!